Stan Lee POP exclusive for LFCC

This price tag has really wound me up! I know it's a limited edition exclusive and LE items always draw a higher price, but like we've said they're matching the price of meeting Stan himself which to be honest I think we would agree is more worthwhile. If they come to LFCC with 1000 at that price, I say they'll be taking 800 home. Some scalpers will buy some to flip on auction sites, some die hard fans will buy one. Just don't see it selling out as it would do at £20 (LE mark up)

Sorry to say I think these will sell out at £45. Anyone purchasing them will be well aware they were just shafted. But when you see it in person with a big "limited edition!! perfect for getting signed!!" sign...it'll be tempting.

Edited by LogicTheory

Wouldn't it be better to spend £45 on a second autograph, one for display and one for safe keeping :) Thats what I'm thinking of doing and have been before I knew about this figure. And well at £45 unless i win the lottery or win one for free i wont be getting one!

Then no one will buy them then

Well I think people will... I do think the price is rubish to.... A would have loved one for 20-30 perhaps, but 45.... naaah.

I think they will sell out for the same reason that very pricy guests are very often very very busy even though sometimes people complain alot about their prices.

Someone mentioned that have already been on Ebay for £100+ :thumbdown:

Batman Comics are the only ones selling them on ebay at the minute for £100 plus!

Think Jason needs to have a word!! If there are only 1000 and they have 100 and selling them before LFCC it a joke

Batman Comics and Alternate Universe are one and the same, after doing a little digging (well.... the former is a relative of the owner of the latter). So not content with trying to fleece people at £45 a pop (no pun intended :smile: ), they're now trying to get over double for them.

These things come from Convention Exclusives in the US, and cost about £15 each. So even once you've added on shipping, customs etc for 1,000 of them they're probably still only paying no more than £20 for each one. Selling them for £30 (or even £35, at a push) would kinda be acceptable, but at this it's just plain greed.

I think I'll wait until after LFCC when they're stuck with loads and are selling them off.

• Like 1

Problem being that they may even increase the price after the event as it is even more limited now... only 250 left in stock after all... Good thing to as this would have set off my inner collector and would niggle me every time I see him sitting alone on the shelf... he needs company... must... get... more.... :firedevil:

Anyway, I'm happy to meet the legend himself for even less then their charging for the plastic version... :clap:

• Like 1