Those with early bird entry tickets...

Have SM ever tried giving out VQ tickets to people in the queue outside before the show opens?

Is there a reason why it wouldn't work?

I'm thinking only the 'biggest' few guests and around 8am before the site is really busy. This could help reduce the swarm around people handing out the tickets when the doors open.

Why doesnt someone bring like a big tent and you can all camp out 24 hours before it and bring marshamallows and portable bbqs and can be like one big showmasters party. Someone could make sandwiches and bring juice and you could all play games like charades and play music and dance.

Doesn't really matter what time you get there as no doubt a large limo or bus will pull up and thee person right in front of me will allow everyone who just pulled up at ten to nine to stand with them and make the line of people even bigger. I swear if i had a quid for everytime that has happened to me

Then you should have said something. You should have said excuse me you piece of scum get to the back of the line where you belong before i take my jacket off and start using my super hero powers on you in front of everyone. It helps if you have the body build suited to tanktops. And gel your hair. That always looks cool. Actually no wait a minute. Pretend you're a cockney gangster who's there as security for the que. Pretend you're a bodyguard dressed as a civilian and you could be like 'hey don't make me get on the phone and get.....Too Tall out here' lol.

Before mass panic kicks off and everyone goes out and buys a tent, I really don't think it is necessary to arrive at silly o'clock !

Yes, if you want to get an auto from Stan it would certainly be wise to get an early bird ticket, and go and pick up a Virtual auto queue ticket as soon as you get into the hall but I would be very surprised if people arriving at 8.00 a.m. to 9.00 a.m. weren't able to get a ticket to see Stan.

I do think those coming in with standard entry may well find it a bit tricky though.

Having said that I remember when William Shatner first appeared at Collectormania, everyone thought he would be busy all day but he signed super fast and got through loads of autos which meant everyone got a chance to get an auto.

• Like 2

The problem with handing out virtual queue tickets outside is that people may just take them for the sake of it, therefore increasing the length of time genuine fans have to wait to see a guest.
Atleast if you wait for people to get in, it devides the crowds and keeps ticket numbers to a minimum.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Have SM ever tried giving out VQ tickets to people in the queue outside before the show opens?

Is there a reason why it wouldn't work?

I'm thinking only the 'biggest' few guests and around 8am before the site is really busy. This could help reduce the swarm around people handing out the tickets when the doors open.

With two queues (prepaid and pay on the door) there is no way to do this fairly as the crew can't know who showed up in exactly what order (the crew only get on site ourselves at nearly 7.30 :D)

There are a number of problems with giving out the VQ tickets outside. First there is more than 1 queue, so do you prioritise people who have bought their tickets already (which is unfair to the people paying on the day) or vice versa. Secondly, the first person in the queue will end up with ticket number 1 for everyone they want to meet, 2nd person, number 2 etc. which is impractical when trying to manage the queues inside and basically means that being first in the queue is the equivalent of buying a Gold Pass as with ticket number 1 for everyone it means you can join their queue at any time. Also, if the queues outside are long then it is possible that the people near the back may not be reached before they go in, in which case do they have to wait outside until they are given their VQs or do they go in and then wait for the VQs to be brought in?

The VQ system works very well. Just prioritise who you want to meet and go around collecting the tickets in that order and you should be fine.

• Like 2

I've actually spent the last 2 weeks digging a tunnel under Earls court. I'm still on target to reach the back where Stan Lee will be sitting for the Friday night....

• Like 1

I've actually spent the last 2 weeks digging a tunnel under Earls court. I'm still on target to reach the back where Stan Lee will be sitting for the Friday night....

You know he's been moved to the other hall right...?

• Like 1

That depends on when we will have breakfast in our hotel :/ I will check it or send them email if I get too nervouse. But I would liek to get there before 8am. But what bothers me more is friday. How's the queue like on friday? It's my first time visiting lfcc so I am a bit worried about that :(

I've been going since 2011 and usually rocked up about 9:30 and pretty much strolled right on in. That said, this is by far the biggest ever of course. I still don't think people who are earlybirds need to do any freaking out though, and I'm sure Showmasters will have this one especially strategised (I hope)

Edited by stevie_g
  • Like 1

I've been going since 2011 and usually rocked up about 9:30 and pretty much strolled right on in. That said, this is by far the biggest ever of course. I still don't think people who are earlybirds need to do any freaking out though, and I'm sure Showmasters will have this one especially strategised (I hope)

Read that quickly and thought you had been queuing since 2011 !

Early bird ticket holders will be fine.

Read that quickly and thought you had been queuing since 2011 !

Early bird ticket holders will be fine.

Well I have been wanting to meet Stan Lee for a long time! haha

I'm sure there will be a few out in the wee small hours in the queue, but tOhey won't enjoy what will be a very long day as it can get verrrry tiring!

I'll be there for 8.30 am - Stan is an immensely fast signer by all accounts and won't want to disappoint his fans, so I'm sure anyone who gets an early bird and arrives before 11 is guaranteed a signature.