Tattooed LFCC Attendees

Depends on the quality of the tattoo...im assuming you think 400 is expensive for a tattoo? again depends on the quality of the work and who the artist is...my ghostbuster portraits cost me that for a full day sitting, my portrait arm so far has cost me around 1000 and im not half way done and i dont regret a penny of it. the artist who did them is one of the best in the country and when it comes to getting a tattoo the price is irrelevant to me, im more interested in how good the artist and his/her work is. the more established and known the artist is in the tattoo world, the happier i am to pay the higher price for the better quality of work.

Talking with someone last week and he had spent over £400 on a tattoo and asked me what i thought of it. What I didn't realise was he didn't want me to give an honest answer. :whistling:

Depends on the quality of the tattoo...im assuming you think 400 is expensive for a tattoo? again depends on the quality of the work and who the artist is...my ghostbuster portraits cost me that for a full day sitting, my portrait arm so far has cost me around 1000 and im not half way done and i dont regret a penny of it. the artist who did them is one of the best in the country and when it comes to getting a tattoo the price is irrelevant to me, im more interested in how good the artist and his/her work is. the more established and known the artist is in the tattoo world, the happier i am to pay the higher price for the better quality of work.

Talking with someone last week and he had spent over £400 on a tattoo and asked me what i thought of it. What I didn't realise was he didn't want me to give an honest answer. :whistling:

my tattoo cost just under £200 and took 2 hours 45 minutes to do and I don't regret anything and can't wait to show it off in public for the 1st time at the convention

• Like 1

Mine cost me around £225 = $427 inc. tax, however I had saved up and planned months in advance to get it done at NY Ink. I've always said I would pay a large amount for a good tattoo that I know I love, and to get it done at NY Ink was just incredible! It took just under 2 hours to be done.

• Like 2

Thanks alot man, really appreciate it :)

Yes i will be attending and have plenty of ghostbusters tattoos to show..sorry for the crappy pictures...

bill.jpg

dan.jpg

egon.jpg

gbtattoo.jpg

zuulvinz.jpg

Damn man! Those are amazing! Hats off to you, sir!

I have a Marvel Comics Sleeve.

Hulk, Wolverine & Deadpool. I'll be showing it off as it's gotten me discount on comics at this show con before! I cheekily asked for hulk tattoo discount on some variant covers and the guy said yes! I'm hoping to get Stan Lee to sign it and then get it tattoo'd over

329915_10152098293980232_1290131775_o.jp

I have a fairly large non fandom related tattoo across my shoulders and a cat on one shoulder that needs some work adding to it. My husband has designed a book related stick men tattoo that will wrap along his arm when it is finished. Love this thread.

Loving some of these tattoos, especially the Ghostbusters ones, the quality of them is astounding.

I have a few tats, all of them have some deep meaning to me. Here are some poor quality phone pics showing most of them slightly distorted due to having to try take them with a phone while holding hair back lol:

The alchemic symbol for "life essence" (the soul) on the back of my neck

2014-06-08180423_zps69b53590.jpg

The Hebrew word "emet" ( essentially means truth but is a very deep word - see http://tinyurl.com/3ujym37 for more info if interested) in Hebrew behind my right ear

2b69f83e-65b9-41c0-bf5f-c7d2e4da0a40_zps

"Ban" in wings and halo on my left wrist (Ban was my great gran's nickname, I got this done when she passed away when I was 19. It's not very well done and needs a lot more work on it)

2014-06-08180614_zps5b47ddf5.jpg

"3:16" and a crown of thorns on my right list (3:16 as in John 3:16, not a wrestling reference ;) also needs more work. Dont get tats too young folks, anyone who will tattoo you at 17 is not a decent artist)

2014-06-08180623_zps1879b17a.jpg

Currently have an amazing portrait artist working on a large piece based on a portrait of Edgar Allen Poe for my right leg, then next year I will get my H.P.Lovecraft inspired sleeve started.

Good work needs good planning, good artists, and doesn't come cheap. My wrist ones were done young, and cheaply. Hence the not-brilliant work that I'm not massively happy with. I am working on designs to embellish these to the standard their meaning to me deserves.

My Poe piece will cost around £380 for the two sittings needed for the portrait then the surroundings. However the artist is a top portrait artist and it will be money well spent.

Does Ban stand for Beautiful and Naughty?

lol she might well have tried claiming such!

When I was little, I was lucky enough to have a couple of great grandmothers. One was "great-gran" as she was my mum's "gran", while Ban was my mum's "nan" so they tried to teach me to call her "big-nan" as not to confuse the two. However I couldn't say it and it came out as "Ban" and the name stuck. When my sisters and later my cousins were born, the name stuck, and was was forever "Ban".