Two Nice Guest Announcements - Friday 7pm

General comment - Can we please stop posting variations of 'not anyone from #insert show/film'

Not only is it rude to the guest/s involved, and the fans who are interested, there is simply no point to that type of post. The guest/s will be announced tonight. The contracts have already been signed. So if it is somebody you are not interested in seeing, then posting you don't want them there won't change anything.

• Like 6

I would be very suprised tbh if its any of the ones guessed sofar. In my experience people never guess right... Its allways some other folks. But non the less looking forward on seeing who it might be :)

I guessed David Hasselhoff last year. It was a proud moment. :D

• Like 3

General comment - Can we please stop posting variations of 'not anyone from #insert show/film'

Not only is it rude to the guest/s involved, and the fans who are interested, there is simply no point to that type of post. The guest/s will be announced tonight. The contracts have already been signed. So if it is somebody you are not interested in seeing, then posting you don't want them there won't change anything.

As long as no one over steps the line why can't we post what we want, its not north Korea. I pay to go to these events and spend loads when im in them. I never have nor will ever bad mouth any guest but its not unfair to hope thats its not just another Dr Who,SW or Got guests as they have some pretty amazing guests already and all tastes should be catered for. Whomever the guest are some will be happy which is great but there is nothing wrong with say me hoping its a horror guest than yet another from the previously mention series'. Hope you don't take this as a negative post because it certainly isn't i think these events are great but i am concerned about the "happy clapping" "party line" "we will censor posts that we don't like" atitude that there seems to be. We did not fight 2 world wars for nothing.

• Like 3

I would be very suprised tbh if its any of the ones guessed sofar. In my experience people never guess right... Its allways some other folks. But non the less looking forward on seeing who it might be :)

I guessed David Hasselhoff last year. It was a proud moment. :D

Ooh :) I stand corrected.

• Like 1

• Moderators

cropsy2008

There's a moderation team for a reason. We don't want to over-moderate, but we do know how things go around here, and we do know that guests can read this.

So there's a world of difference between 'I'd like horror guests' and 'oh god no more Doctor Who guests please!!'

So yes, we'll try to keep things as pleasant and positive where possible, because we know they can have an adverse affect on guests wanting to attend.

As for 'all tastes' being catered for - it's impossible. There's always going to be a variety, but at the same time franchises like Who and Star Wars are the backbone of these events and have been for decades, and something like GOT is huge right now. So they'll always happen, and no amount of negative posting will change that :)

Hope that explains a little where we stand at least.

• Like 1

cropsy2008

There's a moderation team for a reason. We don't want to over-moderate, but we do know how things go around here, and we do know that guests can read this.

So there's a world of difference between 'I'd like horror guests' and 'oh god no more Doctor Who guests please!!'

So yes, we'll try to keep things as pleasant and positive where possible, because we know they can have an adverse affect on guests wanting to attend.

As for 'all tastes' being catered for - it's impossible. There's always going to be a variety, but at the same time franchises like Who and Star Wars are the backbone of these events and have been for decades, and something like GOT is huge right now. So they'll always happen, and no amount of negative posting will change that :)

I do take on board alot of your points mate i do, i frequent a few boards that are under moderated and it gets out of hand very quickly. I'll never see the point of criticising any guest as its a myopic stance and many actors have varied credits, i.ve got to be honest though i don't see the difference betweeen someone hoping its Mark or Carrie and someone whos hoping its not.

Btw, i am a SW and Got fan and plan on meeting guest from those franchises but plz More HORROR :)

• Like 1

cropsy2008

I do take on board alot of your points mate i do, i frequent a few boards that are under moderated and it gets out of hand very quickly. I'll never see the point of criticising any guest as its a myopic stance and many actors have varied credits, i.ve got to be honest though i don't see the difference betweeen someone hoping its Mark or Carrie and someone whos hoping its not.

Btw, i am a SW and Got fan and plan on meeting guest from those franchises but plz More HORROR :)

I agree wholeheartedly with Cropsy2008.

All guests are people. Actors, directors, etc all have access to the media, just like us (shock!). Does this mean that Empire magazine should never make a critcism just in case an actor might read the article? Or how about at the actual LFCC event - should people not discuss their dislike for certain TV shows just in case someone overhears them?

Internet forums are supposed to be a means of fans coming together for discussion. What is the point of having 10 pages filled will people saying "yes, I met he/she last year" or "omg I'm gonna faint" etc. That, for me, is absolutely pointless and not a discussion.

Maybe this 'forum' should be renamed 'Guest Appreciation'. That way it should be clear that no one may have an opinion that may 'offend' someone and those who feel the need to post the fact that they intend to buy an autograph or photo with a particular guest, can do so in peace.

:sleep:

• Moderators

If it's a problem then, of course, you are welcome to not read or post or whatever :)

In the end, we have to do what's best for the events. If that means stopping guests from pulling out, then I can't see why ANYONE wouldn't understand that.

We have had experience of this, and therefore we need to deal with it in that way. We've politely asked for understanding, and there's no more we can do.

• Like 3

If it's a problem then, of course, you are welcome to not read or post or whatever :)

In the end, we have to do what's best for the events. If that means stopping guests from pulling out, then I can't see why ANYONE wouldn't understand that.

We have had experience of this, and therefore we need to deal with it in that way. We've politely asked for understanding, and there's no more we can do.

Well this is not todo with this thread anymore none the less, the experience you have had. Has guests pulled out because of comments on the forum?

I think I sort of stand in between somewhere, I wouldnt complain in a guest announcement thread if I didnt like the guest. But at the same time, if a guest reads that someone does not like their show. So what? If they cant handle that they shouldnt be in showbiz, there are plenty of people who will like it and that is what they should take with them when they read here. People must be able to take critisism and that they arent loved by everyone.

• Moderators

At the end of the day, I think it's best to be cautious about it. I don't think we're too heavy handed. I've tried to chat to everyone and ask nicely where necessary :)

• Like 3

I still think the fact that its two guests at the same time would suggest they're better known together or as a duo, such as Pegg and Frost or a duo of that type.

Ta,

Che-Snake :)

Hmmm a duo, Rik and Ade? Chris and Nigel? They'd be brill.

• Like 1