Question about a prop seller

Zahariel

I had a question for the community - I was wondering if anyone has had any experience buying from scifi-models.com who are a recasting outfit that sell props and bits / bobs.

I placed an order a few weeks back and now the website is showing as temporarily unavailable (but has been for about a week which is starting to worry me...)

So wondering if anyone here has bought items from them before for their cosplays and what was it like?

I don't have any experience buying from that company.

I've done a search, found it, and have to say the site could be designed a little bit more better.

There is no contact detail for the company. There is a "contact us" but that leads to an app to leave feedback. One won't expect a cyber-business (a business with no actual physical presence on the high street) to display it's address on the website, however, most do to help give confidence to the buyer. Type in "replica Rolex watches" in Google and "Movie Star Autographs", which of the two top sites from these searches would you trust to buy from? I'm not saying that they're not a reputable company, but, will advise what to do if this continues for the next two weeks.

If you've paid by credit card, you'll be covered. You'll probably have to wait a few weeks before starting the charge back process. If you've paid by paypal, even better because if they can't refund you, you can then apply to your credit card company and they'll do it for you. Just go to your paypal site and start a resolution process.

I do hope you get the goods you had ordered all this temporarily unavailable stuff could just well be a temporary blip.

Cheers for the reply - Pretty sure he has stopped trading but forgot to take down the site. If so then no idea why he hasn't contacted me... no worries, found a 3D printing company in Holland who look fantastic, have a great rep, decent prices and do the item I wanted plus others I just can't help but get.

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up in case anyone was thinking of buying from him - I had a successful refund through paypal on the above website. Never heard a word from them throughout the sale after the initial receipt, just "Sorry we're having a hard time finding stock" when I opened the dispute... Kinda weird considering he's a resin caster and all.

Anyway, just wanted to make people aware of the outcome in case it helps them make a decision - cosplay props and all.