Hoppa bus question

Zahariel

I was wondering if someone in the know could answer this..

I'll be getting a coach to Heathrow central bus station and I was wondering if the Hoppa bus to the hotel stops there too or do I have to head to one of the terminals?

National express were a pain to get a hold of no customer service phoneline anymore, only live chat online or a sales line that refused to deal with general queries - they seemed to think that the bus travels through the central station though, but couldn't tell me which stop... doesn't bode well. They kept trying to send to to a different page to get information which only had a link to their homepage on it...

It'll be an adventure either way...

This is what I did.

Left Heathrow Terminal 1,2,3 station.

Head for the bus station.

Go to the stop where you can catch the 140, 111 and 105.

Say to the driver that you want to get off at the Radisson Hotel (stop name is, "New Road).

You don't have to pay, it's free (tried and tested 22 March 2014).

I'd certainly use the free local buses if you can, I don't think the Hoppas are any quicker and the local bus stops are very close to the hotel. If nothing else saving £8 on transports gives you that bit more to spend on whatever goes on at a a Chevron event!

I'd certainly use the free local buses if you can, I don't think the Hoppas are any quicker and the local bus stops are very close to the hotel. If nothing else saving £8 on transports gives you that bit more to spend on whatever goes on at a a Chevron event!

How close to the hotel is the bus stop? I'm on crutches so I'd prefer to keep walking to a minimum, especially when pulling a suitcase. :) On the other hand, I'll be starting out at the Heathrow terminal 123 station, so maybe the better question is, how far from there to a terminal where the hoppa picks up? Hmmm... Anyone know which would be the shortest distance?

• Moderators

The bus stop at the hotel is... maybe a minute's walk or so at a leisurely pace for someone not on crutches. The walk from the terminal building to the central bus station (which I did on Saturday morning having caught the Heathrow express train) was certainly longer. Unless I missed a shortcut (entirely possibly at 6.30am!)

Oh, where's an Asgard transporter when you need them?

FWIW, I'm taking a Hopper. I'm going from Woking via the Heathrow NE bus which stops at the Central Bus Station.

I'm getting off of a National express at the central bus station - the local buses are closer and easier to get to as they stop there. Saves going to the terminal and paying £4

In the end I got off at Terminal 5 from the NE from Woking, went down to Arrivals (a lift ride's away) and then caught the H53 to the Radisson. Not too bad. I'll pay the fees this time, but will definitely consider the ordinary buses next time.

Ok - some late night googling through the maze that is the tfl website shows for those who like me will make their first trip to Chevron, that from the Heathrow central bus station:

Bus # 555 departs every 30 mins at 25 / 55 mins past the hr from stops 16 & 17 - takes 8 mins (towards Walton-on-thames);

Bus # 140, 111 or 105 departs every 15 - 20 mins frm stop 19 - takes 18 mins (towards Harrow weald, Kingston or Greenford stn).

Ask for New road between the Radisson Blu and the Marriott.

EDIT - Just found out that the #555 doesn't stop at the New road stop outside the Marriott, it does however stop at the previous one just before the McDonalds = Bolton's Lane

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 1