Arrival Time (First Timer)

danfinan

Hi there, I was luckily enough to receive an early bird ticket and a ticket for Buzz's photo shoot. I've just noticed Buzz's shoot is not til' 2:50pm. Buzz is pretty much the main reason I'm going, as I've never been before what kind of time would be acceptable to arrive at the hotel? I ask because I'm really not sure what to expect in terms of how busy the place will be! I just didn't want to hang around for ages if it wasn't necessary. Thanks!

You're only coming for the photoshoot? Then I'd say be there by 2 pm so you can find parking, pick up tickets if necessary etc. Autographica is nowhere as busy as the other shows. Unless you want an autograph (Buzz' line will likely be long for that) you really don't have to be there much earlier than the start time of the shoot.

Thanks for the quick reply! I wanted to make sure I was there in good time for the photo shoot (my priority) and other things too. I just wasn't sure if I had to be in line for a long time! But thanks for the info, it will help me plan my day. :)

It was my second time at Autographica, last time it was at the Hilton Metropole in Birmingham a few years ago.

Venue today was not very wheelchair friendly was it? Very narrow corridors, tiny lifts, and that long route we had to take from the dealers hall to where Barbara Bain was - we had to go all the way round! Not to mention the dangerous road outside where we were nearly hit by a car due to some driver not knowing what a red traffic light was! Handy having a McDonalds next door, I remember the Metropole being expensive for a coffee but we had no alternatives.

Surprised by the lack of dealers, I thought there may be dealers in other rooms elsewhere in the hotel, but that wasn't the case.

However I thought the organisers did an excellent job, not only telling us where we needed to be, but kept the queue for the Buzz Aldrin Photoshoot in order and more importantly, kept it moving. Well done to all of you.