Hotels?

Kymley

to everyone new I recommend you take some cash out but also bring card as you will tend to spend a fair bit at chevron even if you didn't intend to. also the ruddison has a service charge added onto you bill whether you order food or just a drink and even if you order at the bar and drink at the bar. For this same reason i recommend you bring some snacks with you as they will cost a lot to buy at the hotel.

• Like 1

Just to mention that the Radisson added a £150 pre-auth on top of the total room value when I checked in. It may be possible to avoid this by asking them not to do so, but just a heads up those that are checking in tonight/tomorrow.

Paying on exit I assume. I'll see what happens when I check out. Enjoying the stay so far - no complaints. Not sure I'd want to go back to Trunk, though. Didn't get the set menu and although meal was delicious the seating was a bit uncomfortable. Felt too low down and it doesn't really cater for the long legged gentleman. Might try the Indian restaurant tonight. Depends on what happens in the evening. Always that 24/7 McDonalds ;)

Paying on exit I assume. I'll see what happens when I check out. Enjoying the stay so far - no complaints. Not sure I'd want to go back to Trunk, though. Didn't get the set menu and although meal was delicious the seating was a bit uncomfortable. Felt too low down and it doesn't really cater for the long legged gentleman. Might try the Indian restaurant tonight. Depends on what happens in the evening. Always that 24/7 McDonalds ;)

Tempting fate for tomorrow don't ya think... (cue Johnny Cash 'Ring of Fire'!!)

I know it's only a pre-auth' and will drop off our cards in 7-10 days but just feels... hinky :whistling:

Not 'hinky' just fairly standard. It works out as £50 per day, and you can choose not to pre-authorise a credit card if you wish. The bill itself is pay on exit, although again, if you are not going to be charging anything to the room, you can ask to pay in full on check-in if you wish.

Always that 24/7 McDonalds ;)

There's also a great pub that does excellent food around the corner - The Pheasant. Just turn left out of the Rad and follow the road that goes up the side of the hotel until you get to the end. It's about a 3 - 5 min walk depending on how fast you're going (or able to ;-) )

There's also a great pub that does excellent food around the corner - The Pheasant. Just turn left out of the Rad and follow the road that goes up the side of the hotel until you get to the end. It's about a 3 - 5 min walk depending on how fast you're going (or able to ;-) )

Oh, now that's an option. Thanks :) I walk pretty fast, so I'dl probably arrive before I set off ;)

But the breakfast they serve here more than makes up for dinner options at the hotel itself. *now feels snoozy*

Bring on registration at 2pm. *pumps fist*