Summer movies 2013 poll.

nicky

What movie are you anticipating the most in summer 2013?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What movie are you anticipating the most in summer 2013?

• Man of Steel
    • Iron Man 3
    • Star Trek: Into Darkness
    • The Wolverine
    • World War Z
    • The Lone Ranger
    • Pacific Rim
    • The Fast & The Furious 6
    • Riddick
    • The Hangover Part III
    • After Earth
    • White House Down
    • The Great Gatsby
    • Kick Ass 2
    • Elysium
    • 300: Rise of an Empire
    • The World's End
    • Machete Kills
    • I, Frankenstein
    • The Tomb

The above is a list of big event movies for summer 2013 from May - September. There's likely a few I missed as the poll max is 20 but I'd have put Prisoners (starring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal) up there if I could and one or two animated features.

Once again as always, the summer is dominated by sequels and spin-offs.

Tough choice but I think it's The Wolverine and Man of Steel for me.

Iron-Man-3-IMAX-Full.jpg

man_of_steel_ver2.jpg

into-darkness-poster.jpg

The-Wolverine-another-new-poster-610x904.jpg

world-war-z-poster-story.jpg

the-lone-ranger-poster02.jpg

pacific-rim-poster-small.jpg

fast-furious-6-poster-570x847.jpg

The-Hangover-3-Promotional-Poster.jpg

Will-Smith-Jaden-Smith-After-Earth-Poster.jpg

Edited by nicky

I voted for Man of Steel, but do look forward to Iron Man 3 (although does April count as summer?).

General release is May 3rd but the summer movie season is traditionally May - mid Sept.

The UK are getting it early I guess

got to be iron man 3, but star trek into darkness and the wolverine are absolute must sees for me.

i was 'made' to watch dear john with channing tatum in it then checked out gi joe last week and was totally surprised that the guy is great in the whole jock/bravado/soldier role, time and again.

for this reason (and a really boss trailer), White House Down will most definately be getting seen too...

a great summer awaits i think...

i was 'made' to watch dear john with channing tatum in it then checked out gi joe last week and was totally surprised that the guy is great in the whole jock/bravado/soldier role, time and again.

for this reason (and a really boss trailer), White House Down will most definately be getting seen too...

Yeah I like Tatum too especially in 21 Jump St. I'm not sure he's in GI Joe that much though. White House Down has already been given the "Die Hard in [insert environment here]" label along with Olympus Has Fallen, another new "Die Hard in the White House" film. Tatum even runs around in a vest in this one.

Here's a newer and better poster for World War Z...AFAIK, this film was filmed ages ago (Fall 2011), I think re-writes and re-shoots were the delay which is never a good sign for a forthcoming film. Good job there's no Resident Evil film this year to compete with.

new-world-war-z-poster-brings-the-carnage-131676-a-1365059693-470-75.jpg

Edited by nicky

New poster for The Great Gatsby. Beyonce sings a cover of Amy Whinehouse's "Back to Black" for it. The film reunites Romeo + Juliet director Baz Luhrmann with Leonardo DiCaprio.

great_gatsby_ver15.jpg

the-great-gatsby-article-po.jpg

Edited by nicky

I heard Dwayne Johnson's character may get his own spin-off after the latest F&F movie. Also a seperate 7th film is fast-tracked for next year already without Justin Lin directing who made the last 4 installments.

70187.jpg

Edited by nicky

Rewrites/reshoots can be a double sided blade, though i prefer to stay posstive and glad any problems World War Z had were noticed and sorted before it was brought out.

This has to be the biggest budget and blockbuster treatment a zombie film ever been given, so i think the studio wanted to make sure it was the experince it should be. The main portion of the film that was changed is the ending, i heard it was flat and unintresting, the end should be highly dramtic and epic.

Everything i have seen and heard about the film has all been very encouraging, it very closely comes second place in my most anticipated films.

Just saw the 2nd trailer to this. Hopefully will be better than the 2nd film. That Bradley Cooper looks good in his black suits don't he?:

the-hangover-3-poster3.jpg

i still cant believe Will from Alias became this multi million dollar making superstar.

its crazy, but he is good, especially in the A Team.

Edited by modern_day_prophet

Missed this one: R.I.P.D. starring Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds in an action-comedy about dead cops investigating who murdered them. Based on a graphic novel.

xw5vABX.jpg

And the first poster for 300: Rise of an Empire.

300-rise-of-an-empire-poster.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Iron Man 3 - I didn't like it that much for various reasons.

It also had Shane Black's previous works written all over it*- not a bad thing but I wish he's do something new especially as this is his first film since Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005).

*It was set at Christmas, there was a kid sidekick, a black sidekick and even the shipping dock climax reminded me of Lethal Weapon 2.

Edited by nicky