showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

for the last 3 months we have been trying to make this work for the dates we wanted to run this event on but at this point we do still have some issues that is preventing us putting the event on.

we were told that we are not going to be permitted to run another event at Elstree Film Studios due to them being asked to only allow official events to be run there , the problem with this is that any official events will be big events that will need a big run in and as the studios only have a very small window when at most two stages are available there is never going to be the space available to put on a big official event , so i feel that this last event might have been the one and only star wars convention held in this amazing historic place , so if you were there they you are some of the few .

now to the future of Empire days , its a bright future , we have been in talks with other locations that i am not going to talk about on here yet as we have not closed the deal but we have some good places we want to run our next event in so keep an eye on here and on the face book page for future info , but there will be another event this year and as soon as the venue is agreed and closed we will let you know.

we also plan to have one or two other very limited ticket activates over the next year in the UK and in the US again more on this very soon , so if these are the things you are interested in then please join our Facebook page for the updates so you do not miss out on the news as we have it, as some activates this year will be very limited as well as some of the bigger events we have planed so do not miss out on being informed so do join up

here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Kurtz-Joiner-Archive/151362958219683

i look forward to seeing you all soon at our next Empire Day and thank you for your support.

May the force be with you

Jason and Gary

Kurtz/Joiner Archive

• Like 1

Jason,

I attended last years Empire Day held at Elstree and I must say it was a great event, it's a shame that your not going to be able

to hold another event at Elstree as it was worth the 5hr train journey from South Devon to Elstree and also be the first to get in

at Empire Day :thumbup:

When we heard that the event for this year was to be cancelled due to the venue I was saddened and disappointed by the news

like many other fans who either planned to attend this years event as it was such a great day.

But after reading today's news this is fantastic :clap: and sooo... looking forward in hearing more updates on the new date and location and seeing more of your/Gary's collection in person.

One thing I would like to ask is that you release the date a few months before the event is to be held so I and others can plan our

travelling to the event and keep the travel costs also down.

Also having the not so well know actors and extras who where in the films attending for signings was such a good highlight of my day at Elstree and

made a nice change from meeting the more well know people who are regulars at signing events.

looking forward in more updates soon

regards

Neil

The thing that was great about it being at Elstree was, well was the fact (as I've said many times before) it was on hallowed ground.

IF... You could organise Empire Day to be in Tunisia. Now that- oooh how about Leavesden?

Look forward to any news. Shame you couldn't do Elstree again as it was a good event, and good to have some different guests. Fingers crossed for the next one.

Tunisia or another 'location ' would be a good call if you could pull it off.