Does anyone remember the tv show The Tripods?

Squirtchy

My mum was a big fan of the tripods, she is also in good contact with many of the cast, including the main members, i've met them all once at a pub meet! Just wondered if anyone had watched the show/heard of it!

yes i have heard of it and i remember the trailers for it it was supposed to be a replacement for Dr Who when it was cancelled in 1985. But the eternal wisdom of the BBC made sure that to save money they stopped making Dr Who start a new series of something else then stop halfway. Yes safe to say the BBC found a way of capping their spending. So they then decided to make other worthwhile programmes instead like EastEnders........

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

My mum was a big fan of the tripods, she is also in good contact with many of the cast, including the main members, i've met them all once at a pub meet! Just wondered if anyone had watched the show/heard of it!

i loved the show if you can hook us up with them i would be happy to get them to an event as guests let me know what we need to do to make this happen , email me or ring me on 07973791339 when you have something .

jason

• 2 weeks later...

I'd definitely meet the stars from The Tripods if they came to a signing. I've actually been meaning to suggest it for ages. The DVD of the complete series is available, and is well worth a watch. I remembered it from childhood, and watching it with adult eyes, it's still very chilling. The tripods themselves are a very scary sight when the do make a rare appearance.

Robin Hayter who played Fritz was meant to attend a certain signing show a few years back but ended up cancelling, so he'd at least be up for it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

i loved the show if you can hook us up with them i would be happy to get them to an event as guests let me know what we need to do to make this happen , email me or ring me on 07973791339 when you have something .

jason

come on SquirtchyErchie can you help make this happen ? we are happy to make this happen but we need help contacting them , so if you can put us in contact with some of the guests we will get them , please email me if you can help thanks jason