Autograph Website...

Charmer

Hey all,

I just found this autograph website allautograph (http://www.neautograph.com/) selling stuff like posters and the like. Anyhow, it may be just me and I know there's no way to be 100% by looking, but a lot of the ones, when I compare them to others I've met personally, are nothing remotely like the autographs I have. Take a look at this Serenity poster for instance http://www.neautogra...nc/sdetail/2802 I know sigs can change but to me, none of them look at all similar, I mean, writing style tends to stay the same and even that doesn't appear to match.

Anyway, I just thought I'd post up here to get a second opinion. If the owner is sending out fakes I wouldn't want anyone getting conned and it gives the real sellers a bad name.

Edited by Charmer
  • Like 1

I have compared the poster to the autographs I have in my Showmasters collection and they look nothing alike I would most definitely question if they are really authentic.

Doesn't sound good. Thanks for taking a look. Does anyone know if there's a way of reporting the site or something?

At least I'm not the only one who was suspicious. However, I found the website on a full page advert in the BBC's Radio Times magazine. Do you think it's worth sending them an email or something to let them know so they can maybe print a message and warn anyone who may be interested in buying from there?

When I clicked the url, nothing came. Only a GoDaddy ad telling that "This Web page is parked free, courtesy of GoDaddy.com".

Click on the serenity link instead and go from there. :-)

Sorry about that. Have changed it. Both links should work now.

Hi

Just clicked on the link, first thing I looked at was the Star Wars poster. Absolutely shocking, is all I will say.

I love the hobby of autographs and when living in London used to go to film premiers and shows and would sometimes mount up and sell signatures for extra money. Sadly all these big dealers with their worthless COAs and "signing" photos do so much damage to credible dealers out there and genuine collector/sellers like me (which I why I now only collect certain things and only after doing my research on the item).

As always, buyer beware, and if it looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is!

Just noticed this wonderful poster with "all signatures handsigned and guaranteed authentic" not only has the signatures of Ford, Fisher, Hamil, etc, but Jack Purvis, AlexMcCrindle, Alex Guiness and Peter Cushing - and all for $155! You would not find a Jack Purvis or Alex McCrindle alone for twice that kind of money, let alone most of the others. And yet someone out there will probably hand over their hard earned cash. Sad and destructive to the genuine collectors and sellers out there.

Edited by Lodsy

• 2 weeks later...