Yoda Solo Movie?

danvader123@hotmail.co.uk

Unexpected this is, yes, hmmmm. Last night we had info on Marvel's big green fella, and tonight it's a slightly smaller green fella from the galaxy far far away. Harry from Ain't It Cool News has put his scooping hat on and reckons he's found out some big info on the first of Disney's planned slate of solo (no, not THAT Solo) Star Wars flicks. According to him, these movies (it's not known if they'll appear between the new trilogy films or after) WILL focus on already established character from the previous Star Wars installments, but that's not all: It seems the first of them will focus on the most powerful Jedi from the entire saga. "The first Stand Alone film is going to center upon YODA." says Knowles. "At this stage specifics are sparse, but Kathleen Kennedy is putting together a STAR WARS slate". Harry also mentions briefly that he's heard rumor of a Jabba The Hutt story circulating, but nothing concrete on it. That really is pretty much all the details he has at the moment, but still, some pretty big news I'm sure you'll agree. Are you happy that we'll see a Yoda spin-off? Or would you have preferred they started with a different character? Sound off in the usual place.

master_yoda_star_wars-wallpaper-1024x1024.jpg

I must admit I like the idea of a solo Jabba The Hutt Movie he was always my favourite character in the Star Wars Films they could probably base the film on:

1025213.jpg

One off my favourite books in the Star Wars Universe.

overkill

I dont want 100 solo movies, I also dont want more prequels!

I was disgusted at the news of more star wars post jedi esp without much lucus involvement (although you could argue they would of been bad with him at the helm lol) but ive come to feel excited about a new trilogy post jedi. as long as it doesnt **** all over the original trilogy and has lightsabres in then im in, i guess ;-)

but adding loads of stand alones on top, i fear is overkill, and ppl will grow tired and it will diminish the greatness of the original trilogy. to a degree you could argue all the clone wars stuff and vodaphone adverts have already done this lol

Do Star Wars fans consider the masses of book, comics, games, fan films, cartoons and tie-ins overkill!?!

No, and they never will as long as they involve charaters and/or situations they know and love Star Wars will always have a fan base.

I've never considered Lucas a great director, he is a visonary and has done wonders to bring cutting edge effects to film, i'm more excited by the prospect of a fresh take.

Episode 7 has been confirmed for 2015, though now J.J. is now attached to the Yoda solo project with diffrent directors helming a diffrent charater focused film.

I think Disney are approching this in a simular way to the Marvel films. Smart move in my mind.

• Like 2

smart move in terms of $$$$$$$

but its too much, will dilute the special star wars quality IMO, I dont want Yoda 'First class' or Jabba 'the early years' lol not in cinematic form anyway. now a boba fett bounty hunter movie might sound cool, but lets remember he was a bad guy who got killed off pretty sheepishly in jedi lol, can we have a movie about a bad guy who dies like that? without han and chewie in also? im not so sure, it would be much better to have him pop up as a foil in various movies along the way (should they be set prior to jedi)

now if they were to set these movies in the time line around the new trilogy focusing on characters from that new trilogy (perhaps with old faces popping up) id be more on board with that. so say in the new trilogy there were new characters like a new jedi a new han solo type character ect, having solo (excuse the pun) movies with them set around the new trilogy? perhaps.

id also be interested in a proper clone wars trilogy, even hough I say im against more prequels or stuff set in the past between the already made movies, this might be interesting as in film we have only seen the start and end. like perhaps some of the individual movies could be clone wars & focus on boba or yoda or obi wan,, hummm, ok maybe thay might work like that. i dunno, im going in circles perhaps here, but i deff dont want Yoda the early years or anakins creek lol (actually i liked dawsons creek)

the expanded universe, gotta say ive never delved deeply into, I liked (when i read it time ago) the heir to the empire book trilogy (timothy zahn was it). but aside the first set of clone wars cartoons (before they rebooted it or changed it what have you) and the 80s ewok movies & ewok/driod cartoons thats it really. with star wars im more of a movie man

I get what your saying, but like i suggested i recon the idea here is to create indiviual charater set peices and bring them togeher in the next movie. I could be wrong, but that seems like the likey way to go (yes also a great way to make the most cash from an enstablished francise).

As with the Marvel films each segment works indiviualy and has a main film as the central focus of all the elements.

It's also the best way to bring both old and new concepts together and getting feedback which ideas work and those that don't so the best overall blend is created for the next chapter in the saga.

My guess for timeframe is that if done right they could have all timeframes, so some might take place before episode 1, some could fill the gaps inbetween eps 3 & 4 and some could show the build up to the events in ep 7. To me this seems like the best way to please every fan base of Star Wars as well as help bring the whole saga together

• Like 2

Today, Disney CEO Bob Iger was chatting about this recent quarters earnings with CNBC when the conversation was switched over to their recent acquisition of LucasFilm. While talking about the deal, which included LucasFilm's huge Star Wars franchise, Iger confirmed that rumors are true, and that the company will be developing solo Star Wars films. Larry Kasden and Simon Kinberg have been tasked with bringing these projects to life.

After yesterday's news broke that Disney would be looking to branch our the Star Wars name and produce solo movies based on characters in the universe, some new details have popped up on who the movies will be based on. According to Entertainment Weekly, the first movies out side the saga will be based on cargo smuggler Han Solo and bounty hunter Boba Fett.

EW's source says the Han film will take place between Revenge of The Sith and A New Hope. While they didn't rule out a Harrison Ford return in some way shape or form, this means get ready for a new and younger Han. Ford was 35 when he first appeared in A New Hope, so presumably it will be someone even younger than that.

The Boba Fett film on the other hand has two possible time lines. They are looking at putting the film between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, or between Empire and Return of The Jedi. While there are no current casting rumors on the film, EW does point out that Temuera Morrison, who played Jango Fett in the prequels, is still of an age where he could play the bounty hunter. This would makes sense given the fact that Boba is a clone of Jango.

One thing that the films both hope to accomplish is utilizing some other fan favorite characters that met their demise in the original trilogy. Disney is hoping to inset Darth Vader in the mix of things as a potential bad guy for one or both of the movies. There is also mention of the door being left open for Jaba the Hutt.

While no directors have been chosen or contacted for the films, it is worth noting that Joe Johnston, who brought Captain America to the big screen, has said in the past he would like a crack at directing a Boba Fett movie. More recently Robert Rodriguez voiced his desire to bring a Han Solo film to fruition. While this is all the information that we have at the time, it seems that Disney is moving full steam ahead with these project. For the latest on all things Star Wars, make sure to check back here at CBM.

This is sketchy - basically just the word of one Radio show host - but we haven't had any casting rumors for Star Wars Episode VII yet so what the Hell! On morning radio (Fox FM) in Melbourne Australia, the hosts were discussing yesterday's confirmation of the standalone Star Wars movies when one of them (Jo) said she "has it on very good authority that Aussie actor John Noble will be appearing as the villain". The other host, Matt, queried this but she remained adamant, saying this was definitely for Episode VII and not for one of the standalone movies, before offering to make a friendly wager on the matter. Obviously we have no way of knowing if this is true, and our definition of "good authority" may differ quite a bit from Jo's here, but you never know. Noble did work on the J.J Abrams created tv show Fringe - but of course that could also just be where the (rather lazy) link was made for the rumor to spring from. If it did turn out to be true and he was to play the villain, how would it go down with you guys? Thanks to Natalia Romanov for the heads up.

I see there are a number of Star Wars fans all over the world conveniently ignoring all if the comics, books and cartoons already out there. This has been indicated as source material for future projects. I am very glad that Disney are doing this, and with George Lucas having some input (again, despite what some "fans" claim, Disney have acknowledged that he will have some involvement), then we should have some great films to go see.

Lucas will always be there to oversee each project, but he has stated that he won't have any say in the final decison making process he will be there to give advice and suggest ideas.

I would suggest everything we read at the moment is mostly speculation and rumour, though stories used in comics and book will be inspiration for the films but not a page by page copy, no director would want to follow a story that's already been used exactlly.

They will want to keep the grand scale of the films and though loads of detail and story work in books and comic they don't make a visualy exciting film.

Yoda has been confirmed as the first of the solo projects, though it's likely will will see other charaters, i'm betting they will keep with charaters who can be cgi or in a mask so we don't end up with loads of younger actors in iconic roles.

an entire movie with the lead being cgi? im not sure. im not sure yoda works as a lead for an entire film either? is that really confirmed as the 1st solo movie? i thought it was also just a rumour?

though why is everyone missing that fett would be great popping up in any han solo movies!

im more interested in the new trilogy myself though.

just please JJ, lay off the lens flares lol, have light sabres and dont mess with the original trilogy.

Why not? Episodes 1-3 had 90% of charaters and scenes all cgi, including Yoda (yes he was an animtronic for most the first film, though cgi was used to help with some of the facial expressions)

Some of the best moments in the prequels are battles involveing Yoda, he could work quite easily in a solo film. Fill it up with diffrent charaters and situations and it'll be just as good as any other Star Wars film.

J.J. is currently attached as director for the Yoda solo film rather than episode 7. Since it was the next Star Wars that J.J. is slated to direct it would seem all the news sites jumped the gun and assumed that would be episode 7.

Edited by Brian Cairns

where has it been said officialy that yoda IS the next movie and indeed will be a movie? i thought all that was officially confirmed was eps 7-9, tentative release for 7 in 2015 with JJ signed on for the 1st of the trilogy,

the only other things ive seen is yes there will be solo movies and kasdan and whats his name are writing. the yoda stuff has all been speculation/ive heard this hasnt it?

i know the prequels were full of cgi, but im not sure yoda works as well as a main character being seen in almost every scene? just thinking out loud, not sure id say thats exactly what I think but, possibly, would it work, interesting times

i preffered the classic trilogy anamatronic/puppet but the later prequel cgi was good, the phantom menace anamatrocic/puppet was rubbish compared to both I thought.

Offical confirmation of the Star Wars solo projects; http://www.cnbc.com/id/100436801

Unoffical report of Yoda solo film;

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/yoda-solo-film/

Most sources agree Yoda is the likey first choice, though fan favorites such as Jabba the Hut, Han Solo & Bobba Fett all get a mention. Strangely very few consider Darth Vader who i highly doubt Disney will pass on the opportunity to use the charater at least once.

Edited by Brian Cairns