First Convention

spooniejunie

I am attending the Middle Earth Convention with my daughter and want to book a hotel room in the venue hotel, however the website does not appear to offer a link to do this online. Can anyone help me book a room? Thanks

They'll usually release a discount code (or a link for online bookings) to enable you to book "convention rate" rooms. There's no telling when it'll be up though :/

...if you'd rather not wait for said code and book a room at it's usual rate, I'd suggest calling the venue rather than booking online (I've tried booking online myself and it keeps telling me that there arn't any availabilities for the weekend of this con)

..if you'd rather not wait for said code and book a room at it's usual rate, I'd suggest calling the venue rather than booking online (I've tried booking online myself and it keeps telling me that there arn't any availabilities for the weekend of this con)

A word of warning, though - if a convention is cancelled/postponed (that goes for any ME con, not just Middle Earth) and you haven't booked using the con code/rate, you won't get your hotel room refunded. Most cons do go ahead, but occasionally, things happen - as has happened with this con! - and some people have lost out as a result. Having said that, if there aren't any availabilities, it sounds like ME has already block-booked rooms, which is most encouraging. :D Here's hoping the code shall be released soon, but if you do call in the meantime, I recommend you only book if they acknowledge that it's for the con.