Please announce guests :(

LadyKayl

I have to make my choice by next week.

So I hope they announce a guest soon.

I have to be elsewhere this same weekend for work but was hoping to travel between,

however its becoming harder and harder to justify when there's no news and the client is pushing me to work the full weekend.

• Moderators

They can only announce them once they have contracts all signed and sorted. They're not holding back announcements on purpose! There'll be announcements just as soon as there can be :)

Would be grateful if somebody could give me feedback on the status of this convention and when we can expect guest announcements. I run the UK fan site for Once Upon A Time and have been actively plugging the convention, however we are getting a lot of emails from fans who would love to book tickets but have concerns that the event is being cancelled. We have over 21K followers on twitter and over 15K on Facebook. I want to help plug this convention but need to know what's happening with it.

• Like 1

I know this doesn't really help, but the official status is what Mark has already posted on the 14th of January. The convention is taking place and they are actively working on guests. For reason beyond the organiser's control it does seem to take an unusual long time for contracts to be signed. Like etmuse posted above your post, guests announcements will be made as soon as possible.

I know this doesn't really help, but the official status is what Mark has already posted on the 14th of January. The convention is taking place and they are actively working on guests. For reason beyond the organiser's control it does seem to take an unusual long time for contracts to be signed. Like etmuse posted above your post, guests announcements will be made as soon as possible.

Thanks for the quick reply. Hoping it goes ahead. When we interviewed Raphael Sbarge, he seemed very interested in attending but didn't know anything about it. Maybe hit him up as a potential.

Hope all does go ahead and well! Looking forward to meeting the OnceUponAFan group too :) xx

I don't really wanna "stress" or anything like that and I have no idea which actors of ONCE and GRIMM you asked, but I just wanna note that actors have already been announced for events that are happening later! Maybe those cons have picked better dates or such but both of them have been to several conventions...

I hope for the people that are going, that something happens soon!

I decided not to, because the risk is too big... the flights cost me around 200 bucks, and that's way too much money to throw out my window IF the worst happens and the Con does NOT take place...

So I cross my fingers for you all!

It's coming to the time of booking train travel, which is the only reason I'm starting to panic - the advanced tickets are cheaper, but non-refundable, so I don't want to be paying out £100 for them, only to find the convention cancelled, and to be out of pocket any more than I already will be because of costumes I have planned - at least those can be worn at other events if they absolutely HAVE to be.

• Like 2

Really need news soon I have booked the refundable's as in Hotel and time off work but don't want to book travel until I know this con is going ahead and I like many others here don't watch Grimm, so I'm waiting for Once guests to book my ticket. Really hope we get some guest announcements soon but trying to stay positively thinking as I have a group of people I can't meet up with and love Once so know this con will be amazing. As it's been a month since the last post from sm's which said news very soon and we are now on the 3 month count down I'd hope to hear something in the next week or so?

i also don't want to stressout but like others i need tobook travel arangements soon and really don't want to find that its been canceled( i would be so heart broken as first major convo in a long time) i'mm lucky that i do watch both shows , where mr Grimm himself is great i would love to see some once people or any other guests to be honest, any more at all.

I think most people are waiting for a OUAT guest to be announced before buying. I want to go Gold... But since the first announcement there's been nothing and in the current economic climate I'm loathe to part with a substantial amount of cash until I know for definite its happening... I really hope it does... And I really hope its a success as my 2 cons I usually attend have ended.... But I'm not buying a ticket until there's a OUAT guest. (Please get GRUMPY!!! ;))

Please get anyone at this point? The first announcement is 10 months old... that's a joke... sorry... just my opinion... I still hope for all of you (and especially for my friend) that the convention goes ahead, but 10 months with literally NOTHING happening doesn't look all too good if you ask me... *shrugs* Also, it's only 79 days anymore... that's a little over 2 months, and that's not much to plan a lot...

You got Amy Acker for another convention, she was also in Grimm AND Once Upon a time... so you obviously CAN get guests, but you can't get guests for that convention?

*crosses fingers for everyone anyways*

Edited by BMShipper
  • Like 2

Its not fun anymore to keep checking the website to see who's coming. With it only being 76 days away its getting me worried Like MBshipper said its not looking good. i have got my ticket i booked in on the strength that you got Mr Grimm himself. But so many people are waiting for more quests before booking which may result in not enough tickets being sold. Please let us know something you gave us a bit of hope on the 14th of Jan saying you had more news soon , but over a month after that nothing. i will try and keep the faith but i have to admit that is fading.

• Like 3

Yes an update soon with more guests would be appreciated so we can decide what to do and have time to arrange a trip there. I learned last autumn that these events even existed. And since there is just 1 organizer of events here in Sweden with the same guests year in year out almost and has like 4-6 of guests not even close to as good as the ones you got here well im very tempted to go to a con in the UK. I love Grimm and seeing Mr Grimm himself would be epic but with the costs, 120 pounds for plane ticket to london + price for traveling from there to Birmingham wich i after checking guesses around 40-60 pounds, entry fee 88 pounds, hotel, food purchasing stuff at the con etc i can easily reach 4-500 pounds here without going on a shopping spree. If i bought tickets and stuff and then there is just OUAT guests for the rest then it will be way to costly for that one Grimm guest as i am not into OUAT and the only one from there i would love to meet is Robert Carlyle.

We understand it can take time to make contracts and that the actors dont wanna tie up themselves to far ahead but then you must also understand that we need time in advance to arrange travels etc, take time off work, save up money and all the other things that needs to be done.

Warm regards

Karl

Please get anyone at this point? The first announcement is 10 months old... that's a joke... sorry... just my opinion... I still hope for all of you (and especially for my friend) that the convention goes ahead, but 10 months with literally NOTHING happening doesn't look all too good if you ask me... *shrugs* Also, it's only 79 days anymore... that's a little over 2 months, and that's not much to plan a lot...

You got Amy Acker for another convention, she was also in Grimm AND Once Upon a time... so you obviously CAN get guests, but you can't get guests for that convention?

A lot of the time it comes down to date availability. Amy may not have been available for this event.

A lot of the time it comes down to date availability. Amy may not have been available for this event.

Maybe ;-) I'm not saying they should get Amy or whatsoever, but there are a LOT of actors in both shows who do SEVERAL Conventions a year and I'm just asking myself why here is NO progress while for the other conventions of Massive Events which are ALL later than HEA have way more guests than this one... it's like 75 days and that's for someone who comes over from another country way too less time to arrange everything... cheap flights are available a couple of months before... right now I personally would already have to pay 250 to 300 bucks to even get there when the prices were around 90 pounds a few months back... ;-)

I'm just sayin, I wouldn't book anything if there is no one that really interests me, but the later it gets, the more expensive everything gets and then I won't go either...

Something needs to happen here, and I feel really sorry for all the people who have already made travelling arrangements if the Con does NOT go along, because that's something people won't get back...

cheap flights are available a couple of months before... right now I personally would already have to pay 250 to 300 bucks to even get there when the prices were around 90 pounds a few months back... ;-)

This :( i checked just a few minutes ago and the price from when i last checked a month or two ago has went up with 80%. Its more around 230-250 or something now when including train to and from the airport here aswell. Unless its some amazing guest list they pull out or i manage to find a good last minute trip for a good price chances are ill be forced to not be able to participate.

cheap flights are available a couple of months before... right now I personally would already have to pay 250 to 300 bucks to even get there when the prices were around 90 pounds a few months back... ;-)

This :( i checked just a few minutes ago and the price from when i last checked a month or two ago has went up with 80%. Its more around 230-250 or something now when including train to and from the airport here aswell. Unless its some amazing guest list they pull out or i manage to find a good last minute trip for a good price chances are ill be forced to not be able to participate.

Yeah, that's the main reason there is no way I can go anymore, but at least I'm gonna see David Anders at some other Con and Sasha Roiz as well... :)

Also another con this May has managed to secure three OUAT guests about two weeks after HEA

Hi everyone,

Sorry there has been no news on this for a while! :(

I am actively chasing guests as we speak for HEA and I hope to have some exciting news for you very soon! :dance:

Thank you for bearing with us and I hope that you will be pleased with the news I hope to bring very soon!

Take care,

Mark :smile:

Still no news :'( getting very hard to keep faith now....