New series [[CONTAINS SPOILERS]]

talie

Fantastic episode. What a brilliant start to the series. Loving Jenna Louise Coleman already.

I have removed a couple of posts from your guest request thread, not made by you obviously

Purely because it I think it should remains a spoiler free thread, and some may read it who have not seen tonight's episode yet.

Apologies to the people who made the posts. I will restore them at some point in the wibbly wobbly timey wimey future.

Some "that doesn't make sense" plot points, a stupid annoying look to camera moment, wasted retro daleks opportunity!

Why is skaro so recently devastated and why is there a giant dalek statue on their home world?

More specific thoughts to come, watched it late last night after work, need to rewatch

But

Overall I really enjoyed it, some great stuff! Well directed also, loved the scope

Also "remember" do you think that's remember the doc never actually saw her?

1of2, what u on about? Also your thoughts on the ep? Also please can you unpin the closing time thread and perhaps pin this and the latest who watched? Please if poss, thanks

wasnt able to concentrate as normal watching as was with someone but I really really liked dinosaurs on a spaceship (aside the riding dino scene and ep title)

loved darker doc at the end, classic doctor wasnt afraid to kill ect but it would be last resort, only option, ect, very much like the scene at the end of seeds of death, where the doc has destroyed the ice warrior fleet, as the ice lord says this the doctor replies "you tried to destroy an entire world", sometimes you have to do a bad thing for the greater good/to a bad person.

really enjoyed it and wasnt expecting to

• Like 1

My reaction was the absolute opposite. I was really looking forward to the episode, but I couldn't help feeling it was like the emperor's new clothes - it's had a good reaction with various friends of mine, but to me it seemed like lots of set pieces randomly strung together. All style and no substance. I really liked Nefertiti and hope we'll see her again in a future episode, but aside from that it wasn't really my thing. Also, I had the same reservation about the ending as I had when the Doctor kills the Sycorax and when he orders mankind to wipe out the Silence. With the exception of the Daleks, I don't think the Doctor should act as judge, jury and executioner.

My reaction was the absolute opposite. I was really looking forward to the episode, but I couldn't help feeling it was like the emperor's new clothes - it's had a good reaction with various friends of mine, but to me it seemed like lots of set pieces randomly strung together. All style and no substance. I really liked Nefertiti and hope we'll see her again in a future episode, but aside from that it wasn't really my thing. Also, I had the same reservation about the ending as I had when the Doctor kills the Sycorax and when he orders mankind to wipe out the Silence. With the exception of the Daleks, I don't think the Doctor should act as judge, jury and executioner.

the sycorax leader? as the PM killed the ship

he has done on many an occasion in classic who and the current run, sometimes its why he needs his companions to stop hiim from going too far (this is looked at more in the current post 2005 run), but others its cos its what needs to be done, sometimes I agree its too far in some eps, here as with the seeds of death I referenced, i loved it. if im not mistaken, the bad guys are always given a chance, a choice to stop, if its an entire ark of a lost species and a group of innocent humans or one evil pirate who refused to stop the killing and murdered an entire ship of silurians, what u gonna choose. as the doc

how else to deal with the silence? which was also a very clever way to deal with them.

when I think its gone too far or i dont like it, in vein of how you mention, is like in the end of waters of mars, that i hated, that wasnt the doctor, that was the master (or perhaps a very young hartnel version of the doctor, he isnt like that) it was there purely for drama and to set up tens leaving and I hated it.