Buzz Aldrin signature price list

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

As i have had so many enquires about this i have now posted this in a seperate topic for you all

Here is the complete list of Buzz's autograph fees.

BASE £250

3D ITEMS MODELS ETC £315

BETA CLOTH NOT FLOWN £345

APOLLO 11 COMPLETION ARMSTRONG OR ARMSTRONG AND COLLINS £630

BOOKS NOT AUTHORED BY BUZZ £250

BOOKS AUTHORED BY BUZZ £175

PERSONALISATIONS INCLUDED FREE

DATE INSCRIPTION ADD £30

MISSION INSCRIPTION ADD £30

ADDITIONAL INSCRIPTION 10 WORDS MAX £15 PER WORD

Buzz will not sign postal covers

That's the complete list that i have, showmasters will not accept credit cards for Buzz signatures but i believe Buzz will have a card machine at the show.

Buzz signatures are available to Pre order if you are unable to attend the show priced at £280 plus £5 postage U.K or £10 postage outside the U.K. Call or email to order.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi There

I posted the price list so that attendees know how much each item will cost.

I have had so many enquires about how much different items cost.

I believe the subject of how much he is worth is another topic and one we dealt with months ago.

If you have a specific question about Buzz's signature costs on items please post them here.

Let's not drag up the whole is he worth it thing again.

No'one forces you to come and part with money for signatures.

Dave Phillips

hi there just wondering - i have a star wars storm trooper helmet signed by 30 people from star wars but seeing as buzz aldrin is the most famous and iconic living astronaut i am considering getting his autograph and if i did would like to get it on the helmet, would buzz sign this? and if he would, would it cost the '3D item' price of £315? Let me know please, thanks

dan

• 1 month later...

Can I just say how annoyed I am right now only just finding this list (The prices are not easy to find from the main guest list site). Having only been going to these sorts of events this year and really enjoying meeting lots of people and spending lots on signatures. Being interested in space travel and the Apollo and Gemini programs, I thought I wouldn’t mind meeting Buzz Aldrin and even signing my Corgi model of the Apollo 11 touching down. Now having recently been to Milton Keynes and the two recent Olympia events, I thought maybe £40-60 for Buzz’s signature and didn’t think nothing of it. Initially I couldn’t find the prices on the website, so I ordered a ticket for tomorrow anyway and I’m all packed ready to get up early from London in the morning. As I need a cash point on the way, tonight I thought I’d look a bit harder to see how much I will need and I eventually found this page and I’m simply shocked at the prices! I was coming up to Birmingham from London with the sole purpose of meeting Buzz, but not for £315 I’m not. I just wished I’d found this page before I ordered a ticket and saved myself the money. Why so expensive?

Edited by Queen_Sindel
part of wording removed due to inappropriate language

If you take a look at Buzz's own website, he sells signed items on there for several hundred $ each, some even several thousand $, and that's not including meeting the man and being able to talk to him and get your item(s) signed in person. Only 12 men walked on the moon, of those only 8 (I think) are still alive and of those Buzz is probably the rarest since Neil Armstrong has passed away. Yes it's a lot of money but it's a rare opportunity to meet an amazing man and I'm only sorry I've not been able to go myself this weekend to meet him.

Buzz's fees have been commented on many times in different forums. Buzz charges what he charges because he can. He was on the first moon landing, is internationally known and is something of an icon. Yes he is overpriced, by at least £100 in my opinion. And the add on fees he charges leave a nasty taste in the mouth. (There is incidently, an Apollo astronaut who charges MORE than Buzz - John Young - and most of the public at large wouldn't have heard of him).

Buzz is a business, a brand, a franchise, whatever you want to call it. He's obviously gotten advice from people around him about what he can charge. I don't like it any more than you, but there it is.

I can't speak for showmasters but I'm sure they have nothing to do with setting Buzz's fee.

Also, showmasters should be applauded for a) bringing him over - he's 82 now, and this could be the last time; and B) they announced him a fair few months ago, which has given me cruical time to save up. It's a shame for you as maybe you could have done the same if you'd known earlier.

I'm off to see him now - I could ask him on your behalf about his fees but he might give me a left hook lol!!! :smile:

I was all set for Buzz, I knew exactly what I needed and what to pay and then I got a shock at the desk. The post on page 1 with the price list gives :

"APOLLO 11 COMPLETION ARMSTRONG OR ARMSTRONG AND COLLINS £630".

So I presented my pic with Michael Collins on it, and guess what..... oh that'll be a crew completion then because Neil Amstrong is dead.

That, I'm afraid, is not playing the game.

I was all set for Buzz, I knew exactly what I needed and what to pay and then I got a shock at the desk. The post on page 1 with the price list gives :

So I presented my pic with Michael Collins on it, and guess what..... oh that'll be a crew completion then because Neil Amstrong is dead.

I am lost, what were you expecting to pay as the list confuses me a tad? Were you charged £630, or more?

It was all a bit embarrasing, this is my first visit to one of these events and I had my 9-year old son with me. I needed two pics signing. I did as much homework and planning as possible to avoid this exact type of scenario. I even took a copy of the prices for reference. The lady at the table asked me what I needed and I told her, she immediately lost interest, ignored me, and started talking to the person behind me who wanted to pay cash. So I started talking to the guy at the table, explained it all again. He looked a my pic, saw Michael Collins on it and said "that's a crew completion mate". He also wanted to charge me for the four words of my personalisation. I pulled out the price list and showed him. He had a lengthy discussion with the woman and eventually conceded that the personalisation was free, but insisted on charging for the crew completion. He tapped some numbers in on the the credit card machine which he couldn't work properly and and said "it's this much". With a massive queue behind me and this now dragging on far too long I just paid it. The two pics came to $1100, but I've no idea of the breakdown. It's what I came for, I'm not complaining just a moan that people should really abide by the agreements made. Finished.

ps No, I didn't advise the crew.

Edited by topmiler

ps No, I didn't advise the crew.

Presumably because you had paid the Buzz team instead of Showmasters. Nice and confusing anyway. You should have been like me. When I got to the end of the corridor and found out he was £90 plus £10 to add "Apollo 11" and the bloke assured me he wasn't joking, I just laughed and walked away. If I was a millionaire, I'd struggle to justify anything near that, much as I enjoy meeting these people for a few seconds.

This is an absolute farce....what will happen when there is only of the astronauts left?....will a single autograph be a completion too !

At the end of the day, people should walk away like someone else did...there is a point when common sense should prevail.

• Like 3

Agreed and what is so special about a "completion" anyway? I understand it from a commercial point of view but morally, it is the same whether first or last. Would Emma Watson charge more if you already had Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe?

In fairness to Buzz, I assume his pricing is directly related to the fact that people will make money out of his autograph on sites like eBay, etc, so he puts these prices in place to ensure he is the one to profit from his achievements and signed photos/memorabilia baring his image/referencing those achievements.

That said, I would have paid a max of £150 for a signed 10x8 with no limit to what I could have written on it. I chose not to pay the asking price. No point moaning about the prices - nobody is forcing anyone to part with any cash. If you object to the rules - no matter how ridiculous they appear - then don't part with your cash and go without.

For the record, I have a signed copy of his autobiography that cost around £20 I think. That'll do for me!

Didn't attend this weekend, but a friend did and he picked me up a signed photo from each of Richard Gordon & Charlie Duke, both of which I am over the moon with! (Excuse the pun!)

Hi,

Have been looking forward to meeting Buzz for many years and after last years cancellation cannot believe it finally happened and he was actually here. To begin with following the topic of autograph charges I also had prepared many months in advance and had two items which required signing.

I had a two books signed by Michael Collins and was shocked to find out this was not the base fee but now in fact a completion fee ? Instead of 250 pounds each they were now 370 pounds each as they were completion items even with no Neil Armstrong. Had to ask twice as I thought i may of misunderstood. In the end I decided to leave it as this in my opinion is not a Apollo 11 crew completion.

Yes shocked at first but well this is a significant historical figure who will be known for many centuries to come and the evening gala dinner with Buzz was priceless. I was lucky enough to be seated two seats from him and chatted to him for a short while , for me no amount of money could recreate such a special moment and cannot thank Autographica enough for bringing Buzz Aldrin to the UK. The lecture Buzz gave was a very special added bonus too.

The photoshoot with Buzz was excellent value and will be something I will treasure forever.

For me I cannot thank the organisers enough for the experiance ,

Many memories thankyou

"I had a two books signed by Michael Collins and was shocked to find out this was not the base fee but now in fact a completion fee ? Instead of 250 pounds each they were now 370 pounds each as they were completion items even with no Neil Armstrong."

......So I wasn't the only one then.