Any other gold pass holders....

Heh. I cut mine off with a fair amount of pleasure on Sunday night as I hadn't enjoyed sleeping or showering with it, but I've been hovering around the forum all day to compensate for it. :D

Pretty much the same although I left ot on until I went to bed on Sunday. Please lets go back to the normal photo pass thing. Nice to keep afterwards and much more obvious to show (and you can take it off when you get home).

• Like 1

I believe they sold more GPs than usual, so opted for the bracelet option than trying to organize the usual photo passes. Pity really - I was looking forward to my personalized pass as I bought mine very late last year so it didn't have my name/photo on it. Never mind - it did the job.

Mine came off as soon as I got back to my hotel Sunday.

I see some advantages to this over the normal pass.

- It is descretly with you at all times. You don't loose it or forget to take it of for photos.

But there is also advantages to the normal pass.

- It can be taken off at the end of day. It makes for a better memorial piece of a great weekend.

I believe I like the normal pass better, but if this wristband is the future, then I am fine with that as long as I get the perks. :smile:

Am I the only Gold Pass Holder that is not Happy :no: with the Autograph pack they requested and what did you ask for and what did you get I handed mine back STAR TREK and am hoping to get all from STAR TREK not a General Pack

Edited by BLACKKNIGHTS

I cut mine off as soon as I left on Sunday - felt guilty pushing in front of all those people. :/

Nothing to feel guilty about :) it's not really pushing in, more taking a place in the queue that you've paid for. It's not a new system, theme parks offer paid for fast pass tickets etc... it's just an added luxury! And I've never ever seen someone without a gold pass complain!

Edited by Talie

Mine came off Sunday night after I left. Glad to get rid of it as I'd put it on too tightly, my own fault! I did wonder why I had to send a photo for a plain gold plastic wristband, but never mind.

The auto packs? Was happy enough with mine, but only because I made a fuss and refused to be fobbed off with a general one after requesting something specific. They claimed they couldn't find the one i asked for, but as I made them double check it was there after all ...I am glad as the general random ones that went in with my specific ones are, to put it politely, not ones I am overly interested in. To be fair I have no idea who any of them at all are! However I didn't buy the gold pass for them, so not all that bothered about it. I think I would have been more disappointed though if that was all I had been given.

Edited by jcAngel

I took mine off after 10 mins as i did not want it in my photoshoot.

Got a chain from the orginisers desk put it on that then kept it in my pocket only taking it out when needed.

Also no seats in the chill out room was a bit crappy seen as there was seats on the balcony.

Am I the only Gold Pass Holder that is not Happy :no: with the Autograph pack they requested and what did you ask for and what did you get I handed mine back STAR TREK and am hoping to get all from STAR TREK not a General Pack

I am in agreedment with you Blacknights I also asked for a Star Trek pack and got a mixed pack with 2 star treks in The other 8 I did not have a clue who they were!!!!!!! :thumbdown::borg::borg::borg:

I cut mine off as soon as I left on Sunday - felt guilty pushing in front of all those people. :/

Nothing to feel guilty about :) it's not really pushing in, more taking a place in the queue that you've paid for. It's not a new system, theme parks offer paid for fast pass tickets etc... it's just an added luxury! And I've never ever seen someone without a gold pass complain!

I kind of feel a bit weird at times, especially if I turn up to a photoshoot after it's started and they try to insert you near the front but it's what you're paying for to make sure you get through things quickly.

Happened a few times last weekend as I had a few clashes but everyone seemed to understand or didn't mind in the same way as i don't mind when they put someone with a disability etc in front of me.

After all it's one of the main reasons for buy it for me. That and not having to queue for VQ tickets. Though that actually backfired on me a little on saturday as going to meet Jeri Ryan first thing I didn't get a personalisation as they only started doing that later on. Ah well.

Never too bothered about the auto pack. Went for a Aliens one this time. A few interesting ones in it but no idea who most of the general ones are. Need to have a closer look. I just treat it as an extra. To be honest I'd rather have a voucher for a couple of free autographs (of my choosing) or guaranteed personalisation, even if the guest isn't doing them generally.

But I get it for being able to beat the queues. When you have a lot to do it really helps, especially with photoshoots.

• Like 1

Took mine off, well, had to, was getting me into trouble.

This afternoon, I walked straight to the front of the queue at the canteen flashing my gold wristband not realising that I'm no longer at LFCC.

You may have got a free drink - Gold Blend.
  • Like 1

I didn't mind the wrist band. And it was a subtle colour!

But I wonder if some crew members might have struggled with it as I was asked a lot if I was gold pass when I was in various queues and I think the badge might have been easier to see. It made me feel like I had to keep actively justifying being near the front of photo queues. Which, as I was a bit uncomfortable about that anyway, was awkward.

But it was great having a gold pass for the first time. Took the stress out of getting all my photos!