Odd photo sizes?

Is anyone else able to find frames that fit the photos you get from these conventions? I am wanting frames to fit them exactly without having to cut the photos up or add a border to them. The closest thing I have found are 8 x 10 frames. Am I the only one that finds the sizes of these photos odd? I kinda wish they would just make these photos in a jpg format so I can print them out in any size. I know I can just scan these and then take them somewhere to get the size I want, but they never look as good and I don't really want to spend anymore money on each picture. I don't mean to complain because I am eternally grateful for each picture, but I am just a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to framing pictures.

You can buy 6x9 frames, theres a company called something along the lines of the ready made picture framing company that do them. They don't sell direct to the public but I think their website has a link to stockists. They aren't the cheapest but are good quality, I've bought quite a few in the past for photos from SM shoots.

• Moderators

They've always been this size, and there are definitely photo frames out there for them :)

Might be worth a forum search as I'm sure people have bought them before!

I guess I am used to the 8 x 10 photos from the conventions in the states. My issue is I am wanting super cheap frames because I cover them in toys and paint them! Hahaha I know it sounds crazy, but it ends up looking pretty cool. OK, I gotta post a picture so I don't appear too crazy! Sorry if the picture is huge, I don't know how to resize it....but that is what I do. I bought a couple of 8 x 10 frames at Poundland and they do the trick, I just have to add a border around the picture so it fits...and it's not my favorite look! Oh well. I guess I will shut up and learn to like it! :D

319745_642254929390_1671468749_n.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

That looks awesome! :D

I think most 8x10 pics are the ones printed on site, so probably why it's different.

Hmm Boots and Asda have been mentioned as places people have picked up frames after previous events. Not sure if it's worth looking there.

• Like 1

Awesome photo frame. trying to work out what all the toys are!

I think the photo prints are just the right size, not too big and not too small that you don't get enough detail.

I agree the sizes are perfect (just a little different for me), I just wish it was easier to find the right size frames :) The toys I put on there are Legos, Kinder egg toys, army men, buttons, and coke tabs! Soon I will have a whole wall full of these with our pictures! It's our wall of fame! :dance:

I could not agree more I always end up cutting them with a scalpel as the usual sizes are 5x7 or 8x10 I hate this ridiculous size!

I am glad I am not the only person that seems a bit perplexed by the sizes. I do like the size as the person above me mentioned...they aren't too big or too small. It's just that frames are hard to find in this exact size. Oh well, such is life.

Asda and Tesco DO sell 6x9 frames. Usually only in the larger, 2 floor or 24hr stores though. Worth checking them, they are quite plain but i'm sure would look ace once you've smartened them up a bit with your little trick (which looks TOTALLY awesome btw)

• Like 1

I have been buying 12" x 10" frames from Sainsbury's.About £7

These have a 10 x 8 mount included which i have found stops the autograph from touching the glass direct.

They do these in different effects(Black,Pine,Etc.)

Also,Wilkinsons do 12" x 10" frames without mounts in some lovely finishes(Chrome,Etc).

They sell 10 x 8 mounts seperately.

The only time I risked having a Showmasters photoshoot (when the whole place was "no photos" and crew jumped around in front of every camera), I found that it was such a badly composed 6x9" that it fitted very nicely in a 6x8" mount which went nicely into an 8x10" frame. Wilko do the card mounts separately in a variety of sizes, both of aperture and overall size.

• 1 month later...

No matter what size the image - just make sure you order a picture mount where the mount size will fit a standard frame. When you order the mount make sure you can specify the internal aperture.

So for example a 9x6 photo I would use 12x16 mount - if that makes sense. I used these guys For picture mounts and frames - just make sure you specify the internal dimensions and you should be fine.