Photoshoot with Chris Judge in Costume

thanks jason, got to say I was rather disapointed that it didnt come off as advertised (similar happened with paul mcgann at ems?) BUT Im happier with it than one I have with him from the past, so in that sense I like it, chris is awesome I agree!

will there be any issues like this with casey at ST london? or will that be no worries like the previous SM klingon shoots?

Can't say it was a bad photo, it was just too expensive for what we get in the end. Many people thought so. That said, all my pictures went well and I don't want to complain too much. Just think I will not do these pictures "in costume" anymore but that's my personal taste.

the costume was screen used we did not need two of them so the other person offering this did not need to bring it so thats what was told to him , so thats that .

the next thing it the make up , this was the first time Chris has done this it took a lot of time to get him to agree to this as the he a really nice and decent person but leave it or not a little shy when it can to this , just before had he did not think it was going to be a good thing to do , but when he started to do it and the reaction to the fans he loved it and was amazed about taking part in it and at time got into caritor so we broke him in i think if it dose happen again then we may get him to do the make up as well but if i have of pushed him at that point i think it may have all gone bad and he may have had second thoughts

so now you are all up to date

hope that helps

jason

Thank you for explaining, but surely any problems with the costume and makeup should have been dealt with beforehand.

I'm thrilled he did the photoshoot, but it does now sound like he was sort of pushed into it, if it took so much work to get him to agree and yet this uncertaintly and unease was still present.

Surely if Chris had any misgivings, they should have been talked through before the shoot went on sale, and certainly before the event itself so that information could have been updated if required. As it was, Chris was lovely, but people did show up and end up a little disappointed they had paid for something that wasn't as described.

If the photoshoot had been advertised as an in costume shoot, people would have less reason to complain. Part of the problem is that it was advertised as being with makeup.

If you were concerned that pushing him regarding the makeup would make him pull out of the shoot I can understand that isn't a situation you wanted to be in, but at the same time it does mean people didn't really receive what they paid for, and surely it should have been agreed in advance with Chris himself so that he wasn't made to feel uncomfortable at being put in that situation.

the costume was screen used we did not need two of them so the other person offering this did not need to bring it so thats what was told to him , so thats that .

the next thing it the make up , this was the first time Chris has done this it took a lot of time to get him to agree to this as the he a really nice and decent person but leave it or not a little shy when it can to this , just before had he did not think it was going to be a good thing to do , but when he started to do it and the reaction to the fans he loved it and was amazed about taking part in it and at time got into caritor so we broke him in i think if it dose happen again then we may get him to do the make up as well but if i have of pushed him at that point i think it may have all gone bad and he may have had second thoughts

so now you are all up to date

hope that helps

jason

Thank you for explaining, but surely any problems with the costume and makeup should have been dealt with beforehand.

I'm thrilled he did the photoshoot, but it does now sound like he was sort of pushed into it, if it took so much work to get him to agree and yet this uncertaintly and unease was still present.

Surely if Chris had any misgivings, they should have been talked through before the shoot went on sale, and certainly before the event itself so that information could have been updated if required. As it was, Chris was lovely, but people did show up and end up a little disappointed they had paid for something that wasn't as described.

If the photoshoot had been advertised as an in costume shoot, people would have less reason to complain. Part of the problem is that it was advertised as being with makeup.

If you were concerned that pushing him regarding the makeup would make him pull out of the shoot I can understand that isn't a situation you wanted to be in, but at the same time it does mean people didn't really receive what they paid for, and surely it should have been agreed in advance with Chris himself so that he wasn't made to feel uncomfortable at being put in that situation.

I totally agree!!! I loved all photoshoot but surely this is no excuse as it's not like you convinced him last minute about this shoot after he arrived in LFCC.

• Like 1

I am really quite cross about this. Not with Chris Judge, obviously: but with the organisers of LFCC. I am very heavily pregnant and travelled from Brighton especially for the in-costume photoshoot, thinking it would be a great thing for posterity and I'll be able to tell my little man what a Stargate geek mummy was when he was born. :) I also paid a considerable amount of money for that ticket. The photo is fine; by which I mean, passable. Sadly, "Teal'c" is NOT in costume. A green jumpsuit, sneakers and staff weapon do not a costume make, I'm afraid. I feel really quite taken advantage of by the organisers and will be asking for a refund. Totally not worth standing in a queue for with a toddler and varicose veins! :( Fans are what give events like this its bread and butter; don't take us for fools please.

I kind of agree with what's been said above. I don't blame Chris, and the photo turned out fine, but it wasn't really a costume photoshoot. The make-up is what makes Teal'c recognisable as Teal'c. This was basically just a green jumpsuit and a prop. I understand that Showmasters can't force an actor who's changed his mind about the whole thing to dress up anyway, but it'd be nice if they'd refund us the difference between the costume photoshoot and the regular one.

That's pretty cool - wasn't planning on meeting him but I might now :)

Same! I've met Chris a few times but this has sucked me in and I'm buying a photo right now!

xxx

I did get in the end but no idea how it turned out - had to leave before the photos came back - though I'm slightly annoyed that I had to pay £2 for postage when it was £25 for the photo shoot. Ah well, have to wait and see

Edited by Kymley

Hmmmm :/ When i saw him i was disappointed by what showmasters classed as a 'costume' and £25 was NOT worth it for a photo, as said before, i saw better cosplayers dressed as Stargate team members than chris, Although i'm disappointed in the shoot, I know i would have been disappointed to not get it so i can't really argue! As for refunds, i highly dout they will as if they do it to a few people who got a ticket, they would have to do it to everyone, i for one would like a refund, but i'm not asking for one.

• 2 weeks later...

Man im just glad his hair was nice and short. The SM assistant explained to me beforehand that Chris gets an allergic reaction to cheap adheisives and so it was not going to include a head symbol, and im fine with that. Chris could have stayed in LA and driven round hollywood doing press for his upcoming movies, but he didnt. Thanks SM and Chris Judge for starting my stargate cast pic off and getting me a nice example of a celeb photoshoot for my collection.

I agree that this was a disappointing shoot. Far too expensive and I won't be doing this again. If what has been promised in print is not delivered then either there should have been at least a refund of the difference between an ordinary and 'costume' shoot; and it doesn't matter what the reasons for it were. My photo is disappointing and Chris looks really uncomfortable. I ended up paying for 2 shoots with Chris and the cheapest was by far the best. £25 ill spent.

when i arrived at the con i was told photo shoot in costume with chris judge had sold out i was so disappointed but then again when i saw the lack of costume didnt feel to bad and went for my normal photo shoot.....i think if i had paid an extra tenner i would of been gutted his head symbol is what makes him tealc and there wasnt even a sg1 badge on his uniform !!!!

• Like 2