Food & drink

greedo_uk

You've got a thonking great Tescos next door which technically is Elstree Studios too - the fish department in there now was once the Ewok village also on the way up from the Station theres one or two newsagents

Excellent - Ewok village it is then. Thanks for the info.

i might hace to take my sounds key ring and press the ewok button a few times :thumbup:

Despite my asking ( and paying for lunch ) my significant other has refused to take my photo in the fish dept, bah !

Excellent - Ewok village it is then. Thanks for the info.

i might hace to take my sounds key ring and press the ewok button a few times :thumbup:

Despite my asking ( and paying for lunch ) my significant other has refused to take my photo in the fish dept, bah !

Oh, thats not good - you should state to her exactly the significance of the fish counter and to quote Warwick Davis:

"Labyrinth was shot at Elstree, on one of the Stages used in Jedi. Now its all gone and a Tesco stands in its place (some would say that's another empire to be fearful of). The Ewok Village set once stood right where the fish counter is today."

I'm quite sure that those working at Tescos or other customers must be quite accustomed (possibly) to people taking photos in the Fish dept, when I went up there a few years back I proudly stood in front of the "George Lucas" Stage and practically leapt on some poor unsuspecting shopper outside and asked him if he could take my picture in Tescos car park

GeorgeLucasStageandIatElstree.jpg

For my Indiana Jones Fedora it must have almost been like going home :)

The studios are not a dedicated event venue, it's a working film studio, therefore the facilities available are not the same as if they were organising LFCC or EMS. The studios are still being used this weekend for filming, for example on The Voice, so you can't really compare it with any other kind of event where they hire the entire place. And personally I would assume there aren't catering facilities available to the public within the studios, TV shows and film crews usually have their own catering. There are loads of places to eat within a couple of minutes walk of the event.

Funny how some of the people complaining about the organisation only have a few posts. Have they been to other events as there is no less information about this event than there is for LFCC or collectormania.

• Showmasters Admin

i have left the one friendly post out of the 7 that "dmandirtyape" as there is much anger in him and he seems to be leaning towards the dark side me thinks ?.

i think the word chill it a good one and i think that you will also have a great day when you are there mate ;)

one last thing it is a studio this is a new thing for them to so they have been working it out as we have gone along just like us so its a bit of a indiana adventure for us all :P

the world dose not with like clock work it just works and this event will do more than that it will be amazing and a day to remember for a long time .

so we will see you all very soon .

jason

ps the studio Bar were everyone has drunk in for decades will be open for us all as well so you can have a pint and chill out with like minded friends ;)

j ;)

• Showmasters Admin

Oh, thats not good - you should state to her exactly the significance of the fish counter and to quote Warwick Davis:

"Labyrinth was shot at Elstree, on one of the Stages used in Jedi. Now its all gone and a Tesco stands in its place (some would say that's another empire to be fearful of). The Ewok Village set once stood right where the fish counter is today."

I'm quite sure that those working at Tescos or other customers must be quite accustomed (possibly) to people taking photos in the Fish dept, when I went up there a few years back I proudly stood in front of the "George Lucas" Stage and practically leapt on some poor unsuspecting shopper outside and asked him if he could take my picture in Tescos car park

where the white van is on the right of that was my old spfx workshop studio workshop 7, i owned a company for 4 years called Off World Effects , we worked on Merlin 1998, the 5th element , bond 18 , Aliens trilogy promotion , Star Wars promotion ( making Stom and Darth costumes for 20th century fox ) and lots of other things to , good days lots of hard work had a great team behind me , but that was the past another life but fond memories ;)

and one last thing it was the old LFL prop store :-D i was just a few years to late :P

jason

i have left the one friendly post out of the 7 that "dmandirtyape" as there is much anger in him and he seems to be leaning towards the dark side me thinks ?.

i think the word chill it a good one and i think that you will also have a great day when you are there mate ;)

one last thing it is a studio this is a new thing for them to so they have been working it out as we have gone along just like us so its a bit of a indiana adventure for us all :P

the world dose not with like clock work it just works and this event will do more than that it will be amazing and a day to remember for a long time .

so we will see you all very soon .

jason

ps the studio Bar were everyone has drunk in for decades will be open for us all as well so you can have a pint and chill out with like minded friends ;)

j ;)

Just love the fact you mention my OTHER favourite Film series/Fandom that was made at Elstree (and one of the other reasons why I am so excited about coming.

Need to do some research to see what scenes in the Indy universe were shot on Stage 7 (will give me even more of a reason to be on geekgasm overload)

And being in the Studio bar? "Wow" was the first words out of my mouth and the rest I wont repeat on here but quoted you on twitter in a reply :) But being in the Studio bar where the likes of Lucas/Spielberg/Ford/Kubrick/Nicholson must have drank is friggin awesome.

where the white van is on the right of that was my old spfx workshop studio workshop 7, i owned a company for 4 years called Off World Effects , we worked on Merlin 1998, the 5th element , bond 18 , Aliens trilogy promotion , Star Wars promotion ( making Stom and Darth costumes for 20th century fox ) and lots of other things to , good days lots of hard work andy a great team behind me , but that was the past another life but fond memories ;)

and one last thing it was the old LFL prop store :-D i was just a few years to late ;)

jason

Its really nice to hear even more background to this all. That must have been quite a cool time for you - I mean to actually work at Elstree.

Thank you for sharing this :)

• Showmasters Admin

Its really nice to hear even more background to this all. That must have been quite a cool time for you - I mean to actually work at Elstree.

Thank you for sharing this :)

no kidding making stormtroopers for fox at Elstree with Brian Muir Vader sculptor in the workshop next door its the best , and something i am pleased to have done even did a little work on EP1 at the time to ;)

a real fan moment :P

good times indeed

thanks for the reply mate see you on Saturday

j