EVENT UPDATE : New Date / New Guests - Update post 128

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Look, I am extremely unhappy with the managing of this event and the dealing of its organisers with me. The original two guests who were scheduled to attend when I booked have cancelled and the event has been moved and rescheduled twice, causing a lot of bother on my part. For some time now, since the last event change, I have been trying to get in contact to get a refund on my ticket. Attempting to get in touch by sending multiple emails to both the addresses given for general and store enquires but have not yet received any replies at all. I have also attempted to get in contact through the phone number provided but have been unable to get anything other than a recorded message of ‘sorry we are unavailable’. I understand that the moving, rescheduling and guest changes have not been anyone’s fault but this level of customer service is appalling and I expected better from a company that I have been dealing with for some time. I am unhappy and very disappointed that it has come to this but if I am able to make any contact or get any reply soon then I will be forced to make a legal claim.

Edited by SHIFU10101

although I agree with some points about this con, threatening legal action in your 1st post on the forum considering you have been dealing with SM for some time I find strange, esp after all the watchdog shinanigans from some unhappy punters at DSTL.

have SM ignored all your emails and not answered the phone? perhaps a mod could help point your post out to them.

I would appreciate that. I only threaten such action reluctantly now having exhausted all my other options and having been completely ignored, and because it is better to inform the company that I will feel that I have no choice if this continues. I do however hope that it has been an honest mistake and can be resolved soon without such action.

If it does come to legal action then I do not see how years of relatively good dealing with showmasters should make me hesitate too greatly to deal with the poor dealings I have been experiencing recently and the cost of taking my claim to a small claims court would be small given the cost of the tickets, yet I would naturally rather avoid doing so given that this is my first really bad experience with showmasters. I do not mean to cause trouble but this is where I am now.

Edited by SHIFU10101

Showmasters are still working on this event, it has not been cancelled. They did offer a refund to people who couldn't make the new date but that was back in March, I very much doubt that offer is still applicable since we're a month away from the event now.. And unless you have been calling on a weekend or on days when they were at other events and the office was closed, I find it odd that you wouldn't have gotten an answer to your phonecalls. Did you leave a message? Is your email address a gmail or hotmail one? Both of those email providers have issues with emails getting to Showmasters, they usually end up in the junk mail or never arrive from what I understand. That may be why you've not had any response. They would never purposely ignore a paying customer.

I'm very sorry, but there is absolutely nothing the mods can do here besides asking you to do what you've tried: contact the office. If you call tomorrow someone should be around as it is between events. Are you sure you were trying the right number? It's 01908 671138. Unless you've been calling outside of office hours I honestly have no idea what might have happened.

Regarding e-mails jael may be correct. The server still goes wonky a bit with those types of e-mail addresses. If you want you can direct your enquiry to the e-mail address in my profile and I will be happy to forward it.

SM will ask you to e-mail or call with your details anyway, pointing out this post isn't going to do much good unfortunately.

I really really want to go! but none of my friends are into lotr and I dont want to go on my own :-(

I'm not going to this event (weekend off, after 3 consecutive Saturdays/Sundays in London for other things), but I always go to SM/ME shows on my own. You're all there for the same reasons, and you'll soon find people to talk to :)

I usually go to conventions on my own, but I'm never alone when I get there. I've made so many fantastic friends through going to conventions, I always go away with at least half a dozen new facebooks to friend and I even met my best friend at a convention a few years ago. At least you know that everyone there has the same interests as you, it's the perfect way to meet new people.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I rang the hotel about 30mins ago to book rooms and was told that as of yesterday the event was no longer being held there, they were unable to tell me whether it was going to another hotel or even if it was still going ahead!!!

Having only booked tickets today i'm a bit concerned, has anyone heard anything from massive events on this topic.

many thanks

concerned parent with a potentially very upset hobbit

Edited by bagpuss111
  • Like 1

Hi All.

I have had the response below to my email enquiry to massive events, doesn't really confirm either way what is happening, I'll keep you posted of any further news

fingers crossed

bagpuss

Hello,

I have not been informed of any cancellations, but I will speak to the organisers at our Chevron event this weekend and advise them about what the venue has said. Please keep an eye on our forums for any new announcements regarding this or other info.

Regards

Yvie

Massive Events Online Shop

I also emailed to enquire about the event - still don't have a reply after 4 days. I'm guessing that they've been a little inundated with emails and also focusing on the other event that's this weekend.

Still, we need clarification, given that the con isn't long away. I'm hoping nothing gets changed, as I've spent a lot of money on my Gold pass and my hotel room, as well as booking the time off work. We can only wait and see.