latest guest announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

At this rate I better bring my sleeping bag to wait outside the doors of the Olympia on opening for Saturday :-D

yes i think i shall do the same haha

I have a Friend on Twitter who freaked out when she saw that someone had said they'd be getting there early. This actually worried her because she thought she wouldn't get to see her.

Yes. We all know that Gillians going to be busy but personally I don't feel that talking about getting there at silly o.clock will help. I know that people may start to get worried that they'll have to get there seriously early when this wont be the case. Karen Gillan last year was nuts but yet (from what I can gather everyone got to meet her)

Then again, maybe I'm talking out of my Arctic region and may set up camp around 8 or so on the day :)

P.S. I apologise if I sounded a bit of a dumb ass with what I wrote. If needs be I'll retract that comment if so needs be (wouldn't be the first time I've retracted something today) :)

Edited by KingRichard76

I was thinking about getting up there around 8.30 myself. I have early entry ticket so I am hoping that should be a reasonable enough time?

Yeah i'm looking to get there sometime between 8-8.30 too.

That would be more than fine. 8 - 8:30 would be spot on.

As per my previous post, I apologise if I seemed like a hard ass but last night a Friend of mine freaked out when when she read about people saying they were going to arrive at stupid o.clock and naturally she was worried.

I'm early bird as well on the Saturday and we'll be fine with that :)

As you were Ladies and Gentleman lol... Now time for me to stop being so anal and lighten up a bit lol :)

I dont see anything wrong in your post Richard :-)

I struggle to get up for work in time so to get at the venue for 8.30 is some achievement for me :-D

Murph - yeah it will be moving verrrrrry slowly that morning haha!

If i stand at the queue and join it, how can i see in which queue i stand? I have an early Entry ticket..

I've read there should be signs up along the queue if possible, but certainly at the door.

Don't wanna get there mega early, as the clock will take forever to move as it is haha

I've done a few 6am queues. To be honest its more a case of do that, or sit in the hotel wondering what the queues are like, it's not like I'll get any more sleep regardless, and I have nothing better to do that time of day! And I still seem to have to wait all day to get the autographs some times.

But knowing I've done everything I can, is a relief off my mind at least.

So yes you are fine at strolling in 8.30 99/100, but there's always that 1/100 if a guest got called away that you'll kick yourself for. Likewise I always get a two day guest on the first day.

Edited by TerraHawk

I dont see anything wrong in your post Richard :-)

I struggle to get up for work in time so to get at the venue for 8.30 is some achievement for me :-D

Murph - yeah it will be moving verrrrrry slowly that morning haha!

Thank you :) It was just with the talk of sleeping bags and stuff theres some who may actually be inclined to take it literally and that would cause a lot of people to panic needlessly. :)

When it comes to events like this, I never sleep the night before. In fact, it was this that saw me almost falling asleep in the photoshoot queue on the Sunday for the Kristanna Loken who was here two years ago - she looked absolutely stunning in our picture... I on the other hand looked like I was either drugged (which I wasn't) or very sleepy which I was (to be fair the day before I'd already met her and so was rushing about like no ones business, then went on to meet Jeff Goldblum at the Stage Door so I was utterly exhausted on the Sunday.

Although, my body clock is weird in that there've been instances when I've been awake for over 24 hours - *Shakes head* I wouldn't recommend it though.*

If i stand at the queue and join it, how can i see in which queue i stand? I have an early Entry ticket..

There will be two queues which will be appropriately signposted once you get there just ask:

"Is this Early Entry."

To which the person in the queue will either say yes or no - but from experience its the queue that you first come to - ie. on the right hand side thats early entry.

Hiys, sorry im being thick - this is my first lfcc - so why do people queue up early is it so they can get in first and get their autograph tickets? Im doing three photoshoots and might buy some more photoshoots but not too bothered by that many autographs. So if ive already bought the photo tickets and entry ticket i can just turn up at 9, join the early queue and im assuming i dont have to worry about missing my photoshoots :)

• Like 1

Hiys, sorry im being thick - this is my first lfcc - so why do people queue up early is it so they can get in first and get their autograph tickets? Im doing three photoshoots and might buy some more photoshoots but not too bothered by that many autographs. So if ive already bought the photo tickets and entry ticket i can just turn up at 9, join the early queue and im assuming i dont have to worry about missing my photoshoots :)

Its nice to see a newbie here - I hope you're looking forward to LFCC :)

First of all, you're not being thick at all. You can turn up at 9 as you've bought the photo tickets with early entry knowing full well that you'll be ok with the photoshoots - you don't have to worry about a thing.

IF which is a big IF! It just so happens that one of your photoshoot clashes with another, then the lovely people in blue/red tshirts with "Crew" etc written on them will do their level best to make sure you get where you need to be when you need to be there so that you'll be able to get all the shoots done - especially a very large guy called "Too Tall" he'll do his best as will other people in tshirts to help you out if you so wish it :)

Have a great time :)

• Moderators

There have been people earlier than that in the past.

To be honest, people do get in a panic when they read things on here, and it's probably not necessary!

As long as you're around all day for a big guest like Gillian, you're VERY likely to be able to get her autograph.

• Like 1

• Moderators

There was a fairly decent queue at the door already when I got there at ~7 last year for the start of the crew day. As an attendee I don't think I ever turned up much earlier than 8 and I never missed an auto I wanted to get.

• Like 1

There have been people earlier than that in the past.

To be honest, people do get in a panic when they read things on here, and it's probably not necessary!

As long as you're around all day for a big guest like Gillian, you're VERY likely to be able to get her autograph.

Agreed. This is why I was trying to quell things earlier rather than see people start to worry,