latest guest announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

I really don't think there will be a problem if you want it unpersonalised, I was just making people aware that she has indicated she's suspicous of people who specifically request unpersonalised items, but I imagine things will be moving so quickly she will just sign, sign, sign!

And it's not true that she doesn't sign XF stuff w/out DD, she attended an XF event in LA a couple of years ago and signed loads of stuff and DD wasn't there!

Edited by l0islane

I would be happy if she personalised, as I like all my autographs personalised. Feels like it's missing something when it isn't, but I suppose she'll be rushing through them and not personalising. Shame if she prefers to personalise

Well, if she prefers that, then she most likely will. After what Ive read on this forum those things are up to guest. And the will of the guest is respected :)

I would be happy if she personalised, as I like all my autographs personalised. Feels like it's missing something when it isn't, but I suppose she'll be rushing through them and not personalising. Shame if she prefers to personalise

Well, if she prefers that, then she most likely will. After what Ive read on this forum those things are up to guest. And the will of the guest is respected :)

This is true. But I would speculate that personalization takes on average at least twice as long as just signing - and if you're going to churn out 5,000 signatures this makes a big difference to the bottom line :D I would be absolutely shocked if she is personalization only - totally gobsmacked. It's a nice principle, but in practice it would just take too long, in view of the amount of punters she'll have queuing.

Am so glad I decided to pick up a gold pass this time :)

• Showmasters Admin

On the personalisation front:

We (SM) always want to allow them, it is our default position that all guests do them if people want them. Sometimes guests ask not to, due to health reasons. It's very unusual for a guest to want to personalise everything.

The only time SM will stop them is because of time constraints. We have done tests and it does take 50% longer to allow personalisations. It can make the difference between 800 people meeting a guest and 1200. We want everyone to get want they want but, is it fair that 800 people get a personalisation if it means 400 people don't get to meet the guest at all?

This is why it's never a question we can answer in advance. It's all down to the number of tickets given out and the speed of the guest. And with a new guest we'll not know that until we see them sign.

The answer is, I'm afraid we'll have to see on the day.

Not to sound rude about SM at all, but SM dictate the circumstances, if they feel that she won't get through numbers, they'll put a ban on personalisation, which has been done before. I'm not saying that she'll have a personalisation only rule, but it's been said that she PREFERS to personalise, and it's a shame if someone prefers it, but they're told they really need to NOT personalise to get through everyone. I believe it was done with Alex Kingston at last years MK.

And as an extra note, a 'personalisations only' rule isn't out of the question entirely. Adam West and David Soul had those rules at SM events, and as has been said, I believe Corey Feldman(who was constantly busy at last years LFCC) had one as well

Edited by JacknDaniel

And as an extra note, a 'personalisations only' rule isn't out of the question entirely. Adam West and David Soul had those rules at SM events, and as has been said, I believe Corey Feldman(who was constantly busy at last years LFCC) had one as well

Perhaps, but none of those people will have had the sort of queues that Special Agent Dana Scully will have.... I feel a personalization only rule in her case would be totally unpractical, it would vastly limit both the number of people that could meet her, and her takings at the end of the day (and let's not forget SM are a business too).

In my judgement, as a paradigm "Personalization Only" is not even on the table. Whether or not she will personalize at all is another question... but if she does, I reckon it will be at the start of the day rather than the end of it.

In 2010 (after her concert) I met one of my favourite musicians, Norah Jones, and afterwards I had a very rare item - this is something you wouldnt be able to find on ebay, Amazon or anywhere else as its a true and unique collectors item.

I remember thinking before meeting her how awesome it would be if she would sign it. When I met her she was very sweet and extremely modest with it, we all had our time to chat to her when she saw what I had she was very surprised that I had such a rare item, remembering her asking my name is something I wont forget, as in my opinion I wasnt just another person I was a name, on first name terms if you will she personalised this and even though to some it would be worthless to me her signing something so rare is PRICELESS!

It was the same last year when I met Frank Oz and he was a nice, Lovely man, very warm and had that air of professionalism about him and could tell I was a Fan and what made this encounter nice was the fact he asked for my name - the man who brought Yoda and Miss Piggy to life asked my name - made it special and I'm more than happy that he personalised.

My two previous examples of meeting people were made that much more nice and memorable because there was that touch of familiarity about it and when I meet someone I like to retain that - true there are cases when thats not always an option, if the person is rushed etc.

Last night I was going through some of my X-Files stuff and deciding what I wanted to get Signed and two items in particular would be made even more special if they were personalised. I wont be weeping buckets if they dont get personalised due to time constraints or if Showmasters feel the need at any point to make sure more people get Signed rather than not have a personalisation - and lets face it its not as though Gillian Anderson is going to be left twiddling her fingers is it - shes going to be massively busy - theres part of me thats Imagining her on the phone to Karen Gillan and asking her "How the heck did you manage it all?"

Remember... The Truth Is Out There :D

In 2010 (after her concert) I met one of my favourite musicians, Norah Jones, and afterwards I had a very rare item - this is something you wouldnt be able to find on ebay, Amazon or anywhere else as its a true and unique collectors item.

I remember thinking before meeting her how awesome it would be if she would sign it. When I met her she was very sweet and extremely modest with it, we all had our time to chat to her when she saw what I had she was very surprised that I had such a rare item, remembering her asking my name is something I wont forget, as in my opinion I wasnt just another person I was a name, on first name terms if you will she personalised this and even though to some it would be worthless to me her signing something so rare is PRICELESS!

It was the same last year when I met Frank Oz and he was a nice, Lovely man, very warm and had that air of professionalism about him and could tell I was a Fan and what made this encounter nice was the fact he asked for my name - the man who brought Yoda and Miss Piggy to life asked my name - made it special and I'm more than happy that he personalised.

My two previous examples of meeting people were made that much more nice and memorable because there was that touch of familiarity about it and when I meet someone I like to retain that - true there are cases when thats not always an option, if the person is rushed etc.

Last night I was going through some of my X-Files stuff and deciding what I wanted to get Signed and two items in particular would be made even more special if they were personalised. I wont be weeping buckets if they dont get personalised due to time constraints or if Showmasters feel the need at any point to make sure more people get Signed rather than not have a personalisation - and lets face it its not as though Gillian Anderson is going to be left twiddling her fingers is it - shes going to be massively busy - theres part of me thats Imagining her on the phone to Karen Gillan and asking her "How the heck did you manage it all?"

Remember... The Truth Is Out There ;)

Well I doubt she wants to write that on a personalisation :D

Oz won't sign unless he personalises. Probably why he asked you your name

Remember... The Truth Is Out There ;)

Well I doubt she wants to write that on a personalisation :D

Cheeky :)

Oz won't sign unless he personalises. Probably why he asked you your name

And him asking me my name was more than ok with me :)

'Borrowing' from washing-lines? We've all been there. :D

'Borrowing' from washing-lines? We've all been there. :D

Oh, ha ha. Took me a few seconds to get that (the joke not the items) ;)

Seriously though it was her EP released in 2001.

I have seen this asked so many times but I have not seen any answers. If anyone has answerd this question and I have overlooked it then i'm sorry.

Any chance of Pre paid autos?

It hasn't been answered, and is unlikely to be this weekend as there is an event going on. Edited by 1of2

I have seen this asked so many times but I have not seen any answers. If anyone has answerd this question and I have overlooked it then i'm sorry.

Any chance of Pre paid autos?

It hasn't been answered, and is unlikely to be this weekend as there is an event going on.

Oh ok and sorry I didn't know about that :)

I'm genuinely surprised there are still photoshoots left... xP

I just might take another one if I can find the money for it xP

@Mark - Last of the Time Lords: remembering it, Extremis, Hal ft. G.Anderson, I have stopped counting how many times I've listened to this over the years x)