family friendly?

davej

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how ‘family friendly’ this event will be? Obviously kids are allowed, but how much of it will be geared towards kids? I have a 5 and 10 year old (the 10 year old came with me to Celebration Europe 5 years ago) and they are bursting to go to a Star Wars event this year. I was considering taking them elsewhere this weekend but the ferry prices are so expensive. However, from what I can see the the alternative is geared a lot towards kids so I know they will love it.

On the other hand, the Elstree event would be my 1st choice as it’s a rare opportunity. I think the kids would enjoy it (partic the older one) but I’m not sure if they would enjoy it quite as much. I’m really only basing this on what little I’ve gleaned online so may be way off the mark. It’s a bit of a dilemma.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Planning on takings kids along etc? Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Note from QS: Sorry, I had to edit your post slightly. The forum rules do not allow us to discuss other events. So I have removed some names and details.

My guess is that this will be a hardcore fan event. I don't know that for sure but i'm going to one on the 7th in Burnley which is advertised as a 'family fun day'. The difference between the two is that the Burnley one has people dressed up as Wookies and Stormtroopers and stalls selling stuff, that's as well as actors signing(including David Prowse). At Elstree there seems to be more emphasis on Q & A sessions - not really child friendly in my opinion.

I've just been to another show which focused heavily on Q & A sessions by various actors and authors of the sci-fi fraternity. To be honest most of it was quite dull but that's because the subject matter didn't really interest me - Dr Who, 2000AD, various comics and modern TV stuff. With Star Wars, however, i could listen to tales and details about it endlessly. Not sure a child could. Another thing to bare in mind is that kids probably wouldn't have a clue who any of the guests are and might end up a bit underwhelmed. In short i wouldn't take my kids

Edited by Queen_Sindel

i would say the 10 year old might enjoy it but would have to say they might enjoy collectormania or london film more

but i could be wrong the full details of the day are yet to be put up

Edited by jamie