so whos going

jamie

got my gold ticket cant wait i live in watford so easy for me to get to it who else is coming where you coming from ?

i'll be attending with my fiance Neil, we have our gold tickets, just need to book our hotel and get ID for Neil sorted. we'll be coming from Dagenham (me) and West Ealing (Neil) and we're very much looking forward to it! See you all there! : )

I'm coming up from Southend for this, and I think any self respecting Star Wars Fan would travel from anywhere around the globe to be at this event.

Went up to Elstree a few years back and posed outside wearing my Indiana Jones Fedora it felt so fitting for the obvious reason, never did I think that I would be on such hallowed ground, come May the 5th this will actually be happening.

Travelling down from Preston. Probably spend a couple of nights in London. I see that some of you have your tickets already. How long did it take for them to be sent out. I want it in my hand so i know i'm going!! This is going to be awesome :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Must admit everything is very sketchy about such a special event?

I was always in two minds to go or not.

I'll be there with my brother. Bought tickets the moment they went on sale due to the "limited" number being allowed, but it seem's I could have waited and still got tickets up to today. Although £60 a pop a week before xmas was a lot to ask for most people, I had to move bill's around to beable to get the tickets.

We're both looking forward to it, even if the info for the day is sketchy, which is very unlike SM.

Just hope we can park at Elstree without paying, as I believe nothing has been officially confirmed about this.

I agree we ain't had too much info so far. I'm still not sure if to drive or get the train. We ain't been told if parking is available at the site or any of the times.

Part of me now wishes I never bought the tickets and saved my money for something else. (I have a nagging feeling that the day is going to be a let down)

What info should we have had that they haven't already told us? We know there will be talks, displays etc. We know it starts at 9am and finishes sometime around 5.30pm. We have the same amount of info for this event at this time that we get at other events like LFCC.

I agree we ain't had too much info so far. I'm still not sure if to drive or get the train. We ain't been told if parking is available at the site or any of the times.

Part of me now wishes I never bought the tickets and saved my money for something else. (I have a nagging feeling that the day is going to be a let down)

as far as parking goes i know there is a large tescos a train station and small retail park within walking distance

The info about car parking at the venue has actually been posted in two separate topics. Here is it again.

Car parking

Marky242 has given the start and finish times and there'll very likely be a full schedule posted within the next few days.

Your best option may be parking at Tesco which is right next door to the studio as they have an enormous car park.

And a limit of how long you can stay there before being clamped! Max stay is around 3-4 hours, and thats if you are shopping there.

I'll just park up at Elstree unless i am told otherwise by the powers that be

Hi Guys/Girls

Before I book my train tickets is anybody travelling from Wales (Cardiff/Barry/Newport) area and might have room in their car. Of course I will share petrol/car parking costs etc. If you do please give me a shout.

Regards

Andy

Your best option may be parking at Tesco which is right next door to the studio as they have an enormous car park.

And a limit of how long you can stay there before being clamped! Max stay is around 3-4 hours, and thats if you are shopping there.

I'll just park up at Elstree unless i am told otherwise by the powers that be

That's true about Tesco our local one says the same.

I will try the studio car park first. Have we been told we are actually allowed to park in there?

You lot are all lucky that your driving up there. I am getting up at 4.30am to catch a 5.30am train from Eastleigh (20 mins outside of Southampton) to get to Borehamwood at 8:20am and then I got to get to the studio and then in the evening catch another train back at 6:30pm to get back into Eastleigh at 9:00pm. I am gonna be dead by the end of the day XD