Elstree Empire Day , to be held at the Film Studios

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Okay, thanks.

If it helps, the standard ticket information on the Kurtz/Joiner archive page reads the same as the letter that I received; stating 'one free autograph'.

The online shop and the forum are correct, it's 6 free, one from 6 randomly selected guests.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow..I have been beaten to it !!

I received my ticket and letter today and was shocked to find that it stated only one autograph. I raced on here because I was sure that it read as one free auto from six of our guests picked at random = six autographs.

My thoughts were the same as obi-wan here.

So this is definite is it. Standard tickets are entitled to six autographs,yes ??

Can I ask what the difference between Recorded Delivery, Gold Pass shipping & Stormtrooper Print Delivery is?

Thanks.

Select Recorded Delivery for this event. Gold Pass is for Collectormania, LFCC, and the other signing events where the actual tickets and goodies are collected at the event. As far as I can tell by the description the Gold tickets will be posted for this event. The Stormtrooper Print option was for a limited edition print that was on sale previously.

I just saw this. I bought a ticket when it went online and selected the "Stormtrooper Print" option. Does the post above mean that it was a mistake the delivery option was made available for the Elstree event ? Thanks

I just saw this. I bought a ticket when it went online and selected the "Stormtrooper Print" option. Does the post above mean that it was a mistake the delivery option was made available for the Elstree event ? Thanks
The "Stormtooper Print" option is currently selectable for any order made within the SM online shop. It just wasn't removed after the offer it related to had finished. It's not a huge problem if people select it by accident, as the orders are processed manually and it will be corrected at that point.

Edit: I have just checked and it has been removed now :thumbup:

Edited by 1of2

The "Stormtooper Print" option is currently selectable for any order made within the SM online shop. It just wasn't removed after the offer it related to had finished. It's not a huge problem if people select it by accident, as the orders are processed manually and it will be corrected at that point.

Edit: I have just checked and it has been removed now :thumbup:

Thanks for the quick reply. I had actually selected it deliberately as there was no indication in the SM online shop that the option was no longer available. So to clarify, this delivery option was never for this event ?

Thanks for the quick reply. I had actually selected it deliberately as there was no indication in the SM online shop that the option was no longer available. So to clarify, this delivery option was never for this event ?
Correct , it was not for this event. It was for a limited edition print that was made available in 2010 at Collectormania 16.

So this is definite is it. Standard tickets are entitled to six autographs,yes ??
Yes, 6 free autographs (1 from each of 6 guests picked randomly).

Thanks for the post - didn't understand it and read it to be one autograph in total - good news !

• 2 months later...

Hope this includes a visit to stage 1 and 2.

you mean 7, 8 or 9 ? The first shot of Star Wars was filmed on 7 in 1976 as was the last shot of the saga on the last film.

If i have a choice it will be held on stage 7 but at this time the studio cannot commit to which building we will have the event held in. but it is agreed we will have one building to run the event in so we should know around a week out which building it will be. but i am hoping for stage 7 ;-)

Oh, right..thanks Jason for the correction. Stage 7 sounds awesome !

What stage number is the George Lucas stage ?

That would be Stage Number 1.

Excellent, thanks dude.

As fate would have it, I have just visited the Elstree website which gives all the info about the different stages.

:D

Yep, I'm really excited about this event too !

I have only been outside the studios once. Never dreamed I would get to go inside.

Do we know what Stage we're going to be in yet?

Just so I can understand this, do we get to pick what items our Autographs will be on? So, say for example it was Norman Reynolds could I say "I'd like him to sign my Star Wars Bluray, please?" or would I end up having him sign a 10x8?

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to bring this up, but it's, um, this week... What's going on on Saturday? In the back of my mind i'm expecting some sort of announcement to come out in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed. Please let us know soon! It's almost like waiting for Christmas ..not quite as good as Christmas 1982 though when i got an AT-AT :-D

Also, the Stage that would be most appropriate for us to be in i.e. "The George Lucas Stage." is also Home (unfortunately) to a certain show that has a live broadcast on Saturday.

A damn shame! A Star Wars convention of this magnitude not being in the Stage of the Creator of Star Wars.

But hey, we'll hopefully find out if this is the case.

Hope this includes a visit to stage 1 and 2.

you mean 7, 8 or 9 ? The first shot of Star Wars was filmed on 7 in 1976 as was the last shot of the saga on the last film.

If i have a choice it will be held on stage 7 but at this time the studio cannot commit to which building we will have the event held in. but it is agreed we will have one building to run the event in so we should know around a week out which building it will be. but i am hoping for stage 7 ;-)

Oh, right..thanks Jason for the correction. Stage 7 sounds awesome !

What stage number is the George Lucas stage ?

That would be Stage Number 1.

Excellent, thanks dude.

As fate would have it, I have just visited the Elstree website which gives all the info about the different stages.

:thumbup:

Yep, I'm really excited about this event too !

I have only been outside the studios once. Never dreamed I would get to go inside.

Do we know what Stage we're going to be in yet?

Just so I can understand this, do we get to pick what items our Autographs will be on? So, say for example it was Norman Reynolds could I say "I'd like him to sign my Star Wars Bluray, please?" or would I end up having him sign a 10x8?

Yes, you can pick your own items for autographs to be on. You don't have to get a 10x8 signed if you don't want to.