Elstree Empire Day , to be held at the Film Studios

showmasters

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we`re really looking forward to this one, it will be a year before we get married too (hopefully, depending on employment status lol) and we`re having a star wars themed wedding so it will kind of be like an early honeymoon for us lol! We have the money ready, i`m just waiting for confirmation that i can have the weekend off work before we can purchase tickets.

Will there be information nearer the time regarding travel to/from Elstree and nearby hotels or is it possible to have local travel info sent out with the tickets? I`ve done some research myself but if somebody knows the area well it may be an idea to get a forum post up about it so the info is all in one place?

Thanks! :)

The event times have not been announced yet.

Including myself I know at least 3 people who would need to know times before committing, but I've since booked a trip to the US, so am watching my spending a bit more now. I'll be back in plenty of time, but wouldn't be able to buy a ticket until March now, which will be be far too late.

Hi,

Can you tell me what the capacity of the event will be?

Will there be a tour of the studios or will it solely be held in one hall.?

Ive already bought a couple of tickets as the day sounds awesome.. Just want a better idea of how they day will be run..

Cheers.

we`re really looking forward to this one, it will be a year before we get married too (hopefully, depending on employment status lol) and we`re having a star wars themed wedding so it will kind of be like an early honeymoon for us lol! We have the money ready, i`m just waiting for confirmation that i can have the weekend off work before we can purchase tickets.

Will there be information nearer the time regarding travel to/from Elstree and nearby hotels or is it possible to have local travel info sent out with the tickets? I`ve done some research myself but if somebody knows the area well it may be an idea to get a forum post up about it so the info is all in one place?

I live in Borehamwood where the Studios are so I can give you info on travel and hotels. The train station is Elstree & Borehamwood on the First Capital Connect line which goes via Kings Cross St Pancras. From the station it's about a 10 minute walk or a quick bus ride down Shenley Road (the high street) to the Studios.

Hotels very close to the Studios are:

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-6186-ibi...ood/index.shtml

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/ELSBAR/...e-/-borehamwood

http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_bo...hp?hotel_id=373

http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_bo...hp?hotel_id=446

plus not far away is a Holiday Inn http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/gb/en/lon...net/hoteldetail which is a little nicer

There are other hotels in the area but those are the closest.

I can make a separate post with the above info if necessary.

Edited by jael001

I live in Borehamwood where the Studios are so I can give you info on travel and hotels. The train station is Elstree & Borehamwood on the First Capital Connect line which goes via Kings Cross St Pancras. From the station it's about a 10 minute walk or a quick bus ride down Shenley Road (the high street) to the Studios.

Hotels very close to the Studios are:

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-6186-ibi...ood/index.shtml

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/ELSBAR/...e-/-borehamwood

http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_bo...hp?hotel_id=373

http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_bo...hp?hotel_id=446

plus not far away is a Holiday Inn http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/gb/en/lon...net/hoteldetail which is a little nicer

There are other hotels in the area but those are the closest.

I can make a separate post with the above info if necessary.

Thank you for the info, i got confirmation from work yesterday so i`m going to buy the tickets now. See you there! :)

everything will be given to you at the show and absentee packs will go out after the event

hope that helps

more news very soon

jason :blush:

Jason,

I have sent you an email to:

info@showmastersonline.com

Im hoping thats the right one.If you could just check and let me know,or even email me at:

lee274@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers

Lee

There seems to be more information about what's going on at the event on Facebook !

Can I ask that the same information be posted here as not all of us are on Facebook and I keep getting information second hand rather than on this thread. Thanks.

There seems to be more information about what's going on at the event on Facebook !

Can I ask that the same information be posted here as not all of us are on Facebook and I keep getting information second hand rather than on this thread. Thanks.

i wasn't aware there was a FB group for this!

Most if not all announcements appear first on facebook - they advised people to follow the kurtz/joiner archive to ensure they saw updates when this show was first announced last year.

Facebook - It's where all the cool kids hang out!!

What page are you looking at on Facebook??

Ive searched 'Elstree Studios', 'Showmasters', 'Empire Day' and cant find anything???

It can be found at The Kurtz Joiner Archive.

You don't need a Facebook account to view the information. Just click the above link.

You don't need a Facebook account to view the information. Just click the above link.

Thanks - I am one of those rare people who aren't facebookers .....

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Gold ticket (No.1) plus one standard for my wife, and I'm a little confused. On the accompanying letter it states that Gold can get up to 12 free autographs per ticket, but only one autograph per ticket for the standard entry. Is this right, we thought you got more than one free autograph on the standard ticket?

Could we purchase more autographs on the day if required?

• Showmasters Admin

Got my Gold ticket (No.1) plus one standard for my wife, and I'm a little confused. On the accompanying letter it states that Gold can get up to 12 free autographs per ticket, but only one autograph per ticket for the standard entry. Is this right, we thought you got more than one free autograph on the standard ticket?

Could we purchase more autographs on the day if required?

From the first post in this very thread....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standard ticket price £60.00

Entry to the film studios & Elstree Empire Day.

1 Exclusive Elstree Empire day dog tag

1 limited edition print of the studios in use in 1976 on Star Wars

1 free autograph from 6 of our guests picked randomly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not been confirmed but I'd be surprised if extras can't be bought at the show.

It's not been confirmed but I'd be surprised if extras can't be bought at the show.

See, I read that as, you get one free autograph from 6 of our guests picked randomly. Which we took to mean one free autograph from 6 of the 12+ guests, but picked randomly. (6 autographs total, one from each).

The letter reads as one free autograph period, with the standard ticket.

Which is correct?

Edited by obi-wan

• Showmasters Admin

See, I read that as, you get one free autograph from 6 of our guests picked randomly. Which we took to mean one free autograph from 6 of the 12+ guests, but picked randomly.

The letter reads as one free autograph period, with the standard ticket.

Which is correct?

I've emailed the office as I have no idea. I've not been involved in this event and I've not seen the letter you speak of.