Guest announcement Astronaut Norman Thagard

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

A really unusual guest for you and a real Coup for us.

Norman has never signed at a show before.

thagard_004.jpg

thagard_001.jpg

thagard_002.jpg

thagard_003.jpg

thagard_005.png

Norman Thaygard is regarded as the First American cosmonaut because he Not only flew in the shuttle 5 times but also trained and flew on Soyuz TM21 The Mir 18 mission which launched from Russia.

Norman has spent 140 days in space, 115 of them on Mir.

He has flown on 4 Shuttle missions

STS 7

STS 51B

STS 30

STS 42

And had a ride home on Atlantis from Mir.

He is a Vietnam combat veteran, A Cosmonaut and a 5 time shuttle flyer.

He promises to be one of our most popular guests ever.

Hope you like him.

Photos to follow due to technical problems .

I look forward to meeting the astronaut guests as always especially the Shuttle astronauts, but will there be any talks given by any of them?

Norm Thagards time on Mir would be very interesting to hear and of course his Shuttle missions go without saying. Im still grinning guys thank you for an amazing line-up.

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to be sat with Norman on the Sunday and had a great day talking about all sorts of things with him, not just space stuff, during the quiet periods. He thoroughly enjoyed his weekend, was quietly surprised at the number of people who met him and would be more than happy to do another if asked.

I am delighted to read that Norman Thagard would be willing to come back as I still have a lot of stuff to get signed.

He was interesting and interested, charming, obliging and friendly. All in all, a wonderful guest who would be ever welcome in the future.