Photo Shoot Vs Autograph!

adam.anouer

Photo Shoot's or Autographs which do you prefer?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. If given the choice which would you choose?

• Autograph
    • Photograph

I prefer the autograph, but under certain circumstances I want both (for example with Captains of the Enterprise and series regulars from Doctor Who). I'm also interested in special ones such as Christopher Lloyd in the DeLorean, and would like to be photographed with the Klingon actors in costume.

Autographs are nice, especially when the actors personalize them (Hear that, Mr. Ackles!? Still waiting on a personalized autograph of him even after meeting him 4x) The autorgraph sessions are often very nice and you have a little more time to chat with the actors than at the photo shoot ....

.... BUT I love my Photo op pics. They are something really really special. And I spend way too much money on them :yoda: Even if I sometimes bitch about how I look on my pics, I love most of them.

If I absolutely had to choose I'd probably go with an autograph as it gives you the chance to have a brief chat but I'm getting hooked on photoshoots now so often go for both.

But then photoshoots are rather special (though I don't like photos of myself) so I don't really know.

Edited by Rockstar6662

See for me I'd chose a picture everytime to capture the memories of an awesome event and standing alongside someone I can't help but adore or admire.

As for Autographs don't get me wrong it's cool to have a genuine marking of a legend but generally I don't care too much for them unless their personal. In the same way you'd keep a postcard or a birthday card I'd always treasure something that shows they see what I have to say a personal message.

Sounds silly but absolutely irreplacable.

come on photo shoots

The Times They Are a-Changin

Autograph - I always look dreadful on photos

i feel the same about how I look, but having that lasting memory of a photo with the stars is worth it

I do love personalised autographs just getting a personal message from my favourite actor or actress who you kinda have a crush on is pretty cool.

Photo Shoot's though they're an awesome reminder of a great day the day I met someone who really inspires me or I dunno maybe I put a smile on their face. Of course you wanna look your best but I just wanna look...happy :thumbup: except when I do A specific shoot.

Personally, Auto every time. As pointed out previously, you (most of the time... :drool: ) Manage to have a little conversation with the guest.

Also, it's something you know that was for you!

For bigger guests, then i'm sure i'd struggle to pick!! :dance:

I'd definitely have to go for photos, they sort of capture the moment when you meet them and it's a good memory to look back on, even if I look a state in the photo or something haha! I do like getting autographs too but I'll be honest, once I've got a guest's autograph once, I'm not usually too fussed again unless I want a set of things signed. :headscratch:

Deffo photos, JK Rowling is the only exception to that rule as I'd been after her auto for years, now I've got it it'll be a photo if I ever get the chance

Wow Talie that is some dedication right there :clap: congratulations getting J.K's Autograph could't have been easy.

I generally go for the Photo because :-) you know you are there smiling with your favourite guest or actor or whoever in this memorable moment which means so much.

Now Autographs don't mean as much to me as they do to a lot of people because generally I don't go collecting or anything like that but if it's someone I really admire or really respect it's absolutely worth it for me and to have even the slightest bit of personalisation would put a smile on anyones face to know their inspiration values what they feel or think of them. :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

used to always got both but now will always try to get an over the desk shot when getting an auto if possible as getting both is far too expensive (if I was to get both for everyone that I personally wanted to meet at EMS this weekend it could come to £600).

Only have double autographs from 2 people (Chris Lloyd & Alex Kingston) and have no interest in getting double photos.

Beginning to find signing events very expensive :D