Tickets posted out today

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hello everyone

Just to let you all know that tickets have arrived ahead of schedule and are being posted out today.

All ticket and pass types will be posted at this time.

Photo shoots will be sent later. Dinner tickets are picked up at the event.

Dave Phillips

Hello everyone

Just to let you all know that tickets have arrived ahead of schedule and are being posted out today.

All ticket and pass types will be posted at this time.

Photo shoots will be sent later. Dinner tickets are picked up at the event.

Dave Phillips

so we should expect the tickets to arrive by the weekend

Maybe we could celebrate such a successful mail-out, with an announcement of a hollywood star, or moonwalker. :)

If you can get moonwalker called Micheal Jackson I would be impressed :firedevil:

What would be good is getting Micheal Collins as he always seem to be missed out, but he was part of the 3 man mission to put the first man on the moon and the second

I think his non attendance at these shows is more his choice than anyone elses, I don't think there would be any shortage of takers if he said he wanted to do a show like this.

Didn't Gene Kranz want to come last year, but was never asked?.

So in some cases thats not true.

It's not really relevant when you ordered. They seem to have all been sent out on the date above, so I don't think you need to worry quite yet knowing our postal system.

thankyou for the quick response.

I will enquire again in afew days time.

I think his non attendance at these shows is more his choice than anyone elses, I don't think there would be any shortage of takers if he said he wanted to do a show like this.

That may be the case with Gene Kranz or others, I honestly have no idea.

The answer I gave was in response to a query specifically about Michael Collins who has gone on record a number of times regarding his feelings towards autograph collectors.

Maybe his stance is softening somewhat as he has done a number of mail in signings and book signings over the years and I believe he did do an in person signing at a commercial event a couple of year back in the US but I understand that was as a personal favour to the organisers of that show who he has a long standing relationship with and that was strictly a one off.

Essentially the point I was trying to make was anyone hoping to see him at a UK signing event probably ought not to hold their breath, although no one would be happier than me to be proved wrong on this.

• Showmasters Admin

Donkey

I am not quite sure where your information comes from but it is incorrect.

Gene Kranz was asked but declined. I have personally asked him when i met him a while back and again last year.

Many astronauts are contacted and asked if they would like to attend, of all those asked only a few will end up with us at Autographica.

Some will never do shows no matter how many times they are asked, But never giving up i will ask them anyway in the hope that one day they will come around.

Ten years ago the thought in many space enthusiasts minds was to meet Men who had walked on the moon and flown in space,

We have made that dream into a reality for many such people and will continue to do so as long as we get the support of our attendees.

Dave Phillips

My 'early bird' entry ticket for the saturday, & Aldrin photoshoot ticket, that i ordered through paypal, on Thursday April 5th, have not arrived.

Concerned.

Please advise.

many thanks.

Call me with your details and will trace for you

Dave Phillips

Donkey

I am not quite sure where your information comes from but it is incorrect.

Gene Kranz was asked but declined. I have personally asked him when i met him a while back and again last year.

Many astronauts are contacted and asked if they would like to attend, of all those asked only a few will end up with us at Autographica.

Some will never do shows no matter how many times they are asked, But never giving up i will ask them anyway in the hope that one day they will come around.

Ten years ago the thought in many space enthusiasts minds was to meet Men who had walked on the moon and flown in space,

We have made that dream into a reality for many such people and will continue to do so as long as we get the support of our attendees.

Dave Phillips

You're right to pull me up on my post Dave!

Gene wasn't the correct name of who I was thinking of, and as I can't now source the original information - it's best forgotten.

Apologies.

Whilst I have your attention though, can you confirm if there is still the possibility of more space guests still to come, or is this pretty much the final line-up?

Hi Donkey

I am still working on the astronaut guest list and we are still working on the celebrity list too.

Dave Phillips

any chance of a sharpe reunion at any point in the future? id kill for this, cant believe one happened before I knew about these cons.

also are there any signed items for sale from the time they came?

thanks

any chance of a sharpe reunion at any point in the future? id kill for this, cant believe one happened before I knew about these cons.

thanks

I've seen a very nice signed group shot in b/w of all riflemen a couple of times.

I got it signed myself at the Reunion. If you'd like to see it I'll post a picture.

thanks

I've seen a very nice signed group shot in b/w of all riflemen a couple of times.

I got it signed myself at the Reunion. If you'd like to see it I'll post a picture.

where? aside yours lol

yes please, post it,

but then I might cry :headscratch:

i always rewatch the entire series at least once a year, have done ever since I bought the VHS'S years ago and later the dvds, and I think this years time is upon me, in the mood after last night rewatched challenge and peril.

not bought the bluray, is it really worth it? I hear better PQ but some of the image is lost as its been put widescreen?

Edited by timelord81r

where? aside yours lol

yes please, post it,

At some stalls. I already have it, so forgive me for not remembering the names. ;)

But it's worth e-mailing Dave I think, maybe he has one left.

I'm working late today, but I'll scan and post tomorrow at the latest.

not bought the bluray, is it really worth it? I hear better PQ but some of the image is lost as its been put widescreen?

I don't have a BluRay player just let, so I'm afraid I can't help there.

I'm not sure if its OK to post this on here or not but if you check out Autografica's ebay shop they have a number of signed Sharpe items for sale. For example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sharpe-signed-ca...=item563abfe29f

I believe the owner of Autografica was also involved in the running of the Autographica show at one time and so hopefully mentioning them isn't totally against the rules here!

where? aside yours lol

yes please, post it,

At some stalls. I already have it, so forgive me for not remembering the names. ;)

But it's worth e-mailing Dave I think, maybe he has one left.

I'm working late today, but I'll scan and post tomorrow at the latest.

I don't have a BluRay player just let, so I'm afraid I can't help there.

nice one thanks

Ive got one on my ps3, but ive yet to buy a HD tv lol

but even SD you can see and hear a difference.

For michael cochrane, ive ordered some stuff from SOS im thinking of getting him to sign and if ever get lucky with the rest of the cast, they can sign them also.

thanks count, will ahve a look, but im not a massive auto collector and never been a fan of getting any that ive not met in person, esp if im not sure about if there legit or not, but it is sharpe so I might, will see.

Edited by timelord81r

The picture the Count linked is the one I have. It is a really nice one.

I got an extra one signed as a Christmas gift for one of my friends in the States who is a massive Sharpe fan too. Her family said it took over an hour until she stopped going "oh my god oh my god oh my god" after she opened the package. ;)