Going alone

jcvbpickle

First off, I recommend reading the "How things work" thread in the pinned section above if you haven't already - that should give you a fair idea of what to expect.

Personal tips? OK, here goes.

Stay in the convention hotel if you can - it's so much easier to do quick clothes changes, pick up and drop off stuff, stagger upstairs after the parties... ;)

Don't panic about getting everything done on the Saturday - even when one of the cons I attended was sold out, everyone got to see the guests and get their autographs with time to spare. So if you want to spread things out, or get as much done on the first day as possible so you have more time to spend relaxing/recovering on the next, it's totally up to you.

Don't be afraid to talk to people! I'm normally a very shy person around people I don't know, but we're all here for the same thing, which makes it so much easier. I've struck up many a conversation in photoshoot/auto queues, in the bar, at the Gold Pass receptions, and made some wonderful friends as a result.

And last but not least, have fun! ME always go the extra mile to ensure you have a great time, so just come along and get stuck in. :D

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also a massive newbie - any clues to dress codes for the parites and things? Formal wear... going out wear? I have no idea how things are going to go and I'm a little nervouse!

I dont know if you're aware but the event is no longer running at the end of this month. There's a post here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75271&st=120#entry1774617 with a bit more information.