the monthly London Comic Mart Dates for 2011 to 2012

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

The Royal National London Comic Mart is now under new Management

there have been great Comic Marts held in londonfor over 35 years and as of last week we have taken over the one held at Royal National Hotel London .

if you are into comics , gold age ,silver age or the latest comics this is the place to find what you have been looking for .

even if you are looking to sell items you do not need any more or your collection this is the place to go , its a real market place were you can find real bargains :WAVE: .

there are also a great selection of collectables, toys, trading cards and all things comic related all under one roof and entry is free to everyone .

the dates for the next year are as follows

Sunday 4th December

Sunday 5th February

Sunday 4th March

Sunday 1st April

Sunday 20th May

Sunday 10th June

Sunday 15th July

Sunday 2nd September

FREE ENTRY

doors open from 12 noon till 4 pm

held at the Royal National Hotel London Bedford Way London Russell Square WC1H 0DG http://www.royal-national-hotel.co.uk/

IMG_0618.jpg

there has been London Comic Marts running for over 35 years the biggest and best were the Westminster Comic Mart held bi-monthly in London from around 1980 and in 1995 we ran this event for around 5 years with the co creator or Forbidden Planet stores Mike Lake ,over the years the Marts have change owners and locations , as of this week we have been offered the chance to run the London Comic Mart at the Royal National hotel which has been running there for many years , we signed the contracts today and we look forward to running the first event on Sunday 4th September ;)

we very much look forward to seeing some of you at this great event for the real comic and collectable lovers out there .

http://londoncomicmart.com/

• 2 weeks later...

A thought occurs to me: I've attended these events for many years, primarily to buy trading cards. The new website has lots of information about comics, but trading cards are not mentioned. Would it be possible for the website to be updated to reflect the range of items on sale?

A thought occurs to me: I've attended these events for many years, primarily to buy trading cards. The new website has lots of information about comics, but trading cards are not mentioned. Would it be possible for the website to be updated to reflect the range of items on sale?

I couldn't agree more. I've attended this show for years just for non-sport trading cards.

There certainly are a number of tables at the London comic marts selling trading cards, either by the box or by the set, or with expensive chase cards - you will also find books old and new, maybe even pulp magazines from 1930-1960, T-shirts, comics supplies like bags, boxes and boards (usually rather cheaper than in the shops), film stills and magazines, action figures, heroclix, dvds, old radio shows on CD, maybe a pokemon card or two... just bring along plenty of cash, and wander around! :D

can i ask a really stupid question and ask if you mean mags 2 like SFX etc?:lol:

It's not a stupid question. I don't recall seeing SFX back issues, but then again I always preferred Dreamwatch. You never know, you might find someone who is selling them. I have bought back issues of Doctor Who Magazine there. It's worth going anyway just to get an idea of what these events are like.

Yes, you do see film magazines on some tables, as well as film stills, posters, and minor movie-related items. There were a few fairly recent back issues of SFX going for 50p from one dealer, but he relies, for that sort of thing, on what his friendly wholesaler is selling off cheap to make room for new stock... ;)

can i ask a really stupid question and ask if you mean mags 2 like SFX etc?:blush:

It's not a stupid question. I don't recall seeing SFX back issues, but then again I always preferred Dreamwatch. You never know, you might find someone who is selling them. I have bought back issues of Doctor Who Magazine there. It's worth going anyway just to get an idea of what these events are like.

thanks i have loads of mags ans was wondering if it was worth my while to take them to sell

I've never tried to sell anything at the events so I don't know. What type of magazines are you wanting to sell?

SFX, Sci Fi Now, Cult Times, Starburst, Tv Zone, Dreamwatch

i did have a very large collection, sold some of it but there are still a lot of mags.

There are tables that sell current film magazines, mainly the imported ones, along with books and other tie-in materials - and there are plenty of tables selling the occasional dvd now. Come along to a mart one Sunday after an early lunch and check things out before committing yourself; I'm sure that, if they aren't busy, dealers will be happy to chat.

Other Showmasters events may be more movie and tv oriented, but they may be less frequent, perhaps less conveniently situated, and very possibly more expensive per table... :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

I see you are still displaying the 2012 dates online for the London Comic Marts as:

Sunday 5th February

Sunday 4th March

Sunday 1st April

Sunday 20th May

Sunday 10th June

Sunday 15th July

Sunday 2nd September

However, the freesheet given out today at the mart was different:

Sunday 5th February

Sunday 4th March

Sunday 29th April

Sunday 10th June

Sunday 15th July

Sunday 2nd September

Sunday 7th October

Sunday 4th November

Sunday 2nd December

Getting the final three dates for the year is good, but scrapping the 1st April and 20th May ones in favour of a single date in between does complicate matters...

• 2 months later...

I'm glad to see that the listing on the website has been updated, even if the first post in this thread is, thus far, unchanged. So it's confirmed that our April date is Sunday 29th - to turn up at the Royal National Hotel on April 1st would be, um, foolish...

:D