if you know you would never get to meet a guest would

showmasters

here are a few guest that might do this ?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. section 1 if you do not care vote as such

• Patrick Macnee 89 yo price £25
    • Richard O'Sullivan 67 yo price £15
    • no i would not care
  2. 2. section 2

• Gene Hackman 81 yo price £55
    • Geoffrey Bayldon 87 yo price £15
    • no i would not care
  3. 3. section 3

• Max von Sydow 82 yo price £30
    • Sean Connery 80 yo price £65
    • no i would not care

• Showmasters Admin

we have some amazing guests that are just to old to travel now days or they just cannot attend an event as they are so busy with their work .

in the past people like Gary Coleman was so ill he could not attend our events , and in the end he passed away , he wanted to attend but was never well to travel .

so i was thinking that there are a few guests i know that are just not able to attend a public event ?

so if you think this my be a good thing let us know by taking part in this poll

we could take your items in for the signing or we could provide photos that you could choose from online

and each item would be handled by us and a photo of the autograph session would be included with your signed item

let us know your thoughts

and here is a few guests that we think this would work with , we are not saying that these will be the guest , these are just an example of who this might work for

jason

• Like 2

there is a couple of guests that I would probably pay to meet in person if the opportunity arose but of the guests that i would really like to meet, Gene and Sean, the prices are too steep for me to justify when I am not meeting then personally. I enjoy the experience of meeting people and getting things signed for myself and pictures with where possible, I dont do it just to collect autographs.

That said, I think this is a great idea and feel it is something a lot of people would consider as there is a chance to get autographs where the chance may not otherwise come and you add the guarenteed authenticity

I already send stuff in to Tenth Planet (and others) for events I cannot do, so at the end of the day who gets them doesn't make a huge difference. So long as the price is reasonable.

It seems a pity not to.

I dare say there's a few Star Wars people you'd love to spend an hour of your time with who you'd never get to an event.

But then would insurance come into play? If you were handling multisigned items (which we've already spent a lot of money on) and something happened to them, what then?

I suppose Christopher Lee might be the other obvious candidate.

The thing is, with any of them - regardless of age - even if they did appear at an event, if you could cut 100-200 people out of the queue it might go towards relieving the pressure on them a bit

So you could have him sign at leisure in private on Saturday, appear in person Sunday, do a limited signing session and seated photo opportunity. Those of us in attendance could then even pick up our items on the Sunday, cutting down on postage.

So if you wanted to take your chance in having it signed under your nose you could, or you could possibly have a more relaxed, less rushed autograph.

Of course you wouldn't want multisigned items out of your hands for too long. It would for instance be rather petty to have a private signing with one actor, the same week his equally rare co-star was signing at a rival event. No one would win there. Items can't be in two places at once.

Edited by TerraHawk

As with the other recent polls, it's fascinating to think that some of these people would even entertain a signing, albeit with financial and other restrictions. Personally I would probably want to "meet" them all, even at the prices stated (Met GB a few times already, luckily). Having said that, I just have no interest at all in any autograph that wasn't signed in front of me, and I can imagine that personalisations (which I also tend to insist upon) would be unlikely. So in answer to the question as asked, I almost certainly would not buy from any such private signing, no matter how reputable, or what provenance was offered.

I can imagine that personalisations (which I also tend to insist upon) would be unlikely.

Don't see why, the Tenth Planet signed service offers it, and that essentially has to compete with the regular signing at the same time.

It's a pity the other polls didn't have a no, not interested section (maybe next time) there's two I would have voted accordingly.

There's the old saying, beggars can't be choosers. Sure meeting everyone in person would be nice, but we aren't all in the position to be choosy.

I think I would for the right guest but it would have to be personalised. I am missing a few sigs on my multi signed SW poster - Ford, Lucas, McDiarmid, Oz who I would pay money just to complete it.

I guess the same would apply with Connery who I believe is very difficult in person and would almost certainly never appear at a con. Think of all the Bond fans or highlander fans who need to complete a multi-signed item, this could be the only way.

ok this is a hard one for me i like meeting the stars and would not like to hand over something of mine mistakes could happen however i do have multi signed items i would like to finnish it would all depend on the tyoe of service you would provide sending items in the post if they are lost damaged no matter how they are sent it would mean years of work and memory down the drain maybe drop off service at a show and pick up at the next one without the item left at your own risk type of disclaimer

all that said i will be keeping an eye out for who you get and the price!

ok this is a hard one for me i like meeting the stars and would not like to hand over something of mine mistakes could happen however i do have multi signed items i would like to finnish it would all depend on the tyoe of service you would provide sending items in the post if they are lost damaged no matter how they are sent it would mean years of work and memory down the drain maybe drop off service at a show and pick up at the next one without the item left at your own risk type of disclaimer

Yes there is that. My Annual was out of my hands for 5 minutes when James Earl Jones' son took it in to him; they were a long five minutes!

I do have to wonder if you told me you had Harrison in a hotel room for 1 hour at £400 for a private signing, if I'd still travel up to hand the book over to the handler in person, then wait around for a few hours to get it back.

Would be an interesting problem to cross!

I do have to wonder if you told me you had Harrison in a hotel room for 1 hour at £400 for a private signing, if I'd still travel up to hand the book over to the handler in person, then wait around for a few hours to get it back.

Would be an interesting problem to cross!

the problem with that one is its unlikely

if they told everyone where he is they could just wait arond outside the hotel or another dealer could step in

The only one I voted yes to was Patrick MacNee. I love The Avengers, and have previously met Honor Blackman, Linda Thorson, and Joanna Lumley, so I'd love to add Patrick's autograph to my collection. Of course I would love to meet him, but I understand that due to health reasons this is not possible. (I'd also love to get Diana Rigg's autograph but I understand that she refuses to sign items related to The Avengers.)

I felt bad about putting that I wouldn't care about the second category. I was lucky enough to meet Geoffrey Bayldon at a Tenth Planet store signing some years ago. As to the third category, I would like to get Sean Connery's autograph, but if I don't get to meet him then I don't feel the suggested price is justified.

The only one I voted yes to was Patrick MacNee. I love The Avengers, and have previously met Honor Blackman, Linda Thorson, and Joanna Lumley, so I'd love to add Patrick's autograph to my collection. Of course I would love to meet him, but I understand that due to health reasons this is not possible. (I'd also love to get Diana Rigg's autograph but I understand that she refuses to sign items related to The Avengers.)

I felt bad about putting that I wouldn't care about the second category. I was lucky enough to meet Geoffrey Bayldon at a Tenth Planet store signing some years ago. As to the third category, I would like to get Sean Connery's autograph, but if I don't get to meet him then I don't feel the suggested price is justified.

The price for Connery's is justified - have you seen how much the dealers are selling them for :help:

Since Ian McDiarmid did sign photos for a US company this year, I think he might be a feasible one. I think there'd be more chance he'd say yes to that than an appearance any time soon.

Personally I think the advantages to trying outweigh the negatives.

Gene Hackman and Sean Connery all the way maybe showmasters you could do private signings as well with hard star wars celebrities like james earl jones, ian Mcdiarmid and Harriosn Ford, also it be great if you did Christian Bale as a company is going to do in the states and maybe some new freash stars that are hard to obtain for example, daniel craig, Chris Hemsworth, Kate Bosworth, Micheal keaton, Sigourney Waever.

You guys should of thought of this years ago it would be very popular by now just like the one in the states.

I just have no interest at all in any autograph that wasn't signed in front of me

ditto

I'm the same. For me it's about the experience as a whole. The writing on the photo has a story and a memory attached to it for me and that's more valuable than just owning the signature. :wub:

Didn't vote, not interested in any of those names.

I do not buy many autographs that are not signed in person.

I have some trading cards and some I bought off co stars but that's about it.

Perhaps, I would have been interested in Irvin Kershner if I'd known how ill he was.

I was holding out for SM to get him but regret not buying from the "cool duck" people now.

Considering how old and frail he is, Christopher Lee would tempt me.

Interesting idea though.

• Like 3

I'd always prefer to meet someone to get a signature given the choice but for some of the people mentioned in the poll the chances of that ever happening at a signing event I would suspect are pretty much non existant (I know some of these people are obtainable at stage doors and premieres but that just isn't my thing).

I've taken part in a few 'mail in' signings in the past for some of the harder to obtain astronauts and have always been very pleased with the results. It sounds strange to say but when you are provided with a photo of them holding your signed item it does add a certain something, not the same as meeting them in person but more than just receiving something back in the post as with many free through the mail autographs.

Hackman would be one who I would be interested in but Connery would be amazing and I would be very happy to take part if something like this could be organised with him. I already have signed and personalised photos of Moore and Lazenby as well as a signed photo of Craig I got from a dealer so Connery would sit very nicely in with that.

Only thing for me would be I would at least like the option of a personalisation for something like this.

I'd be all for this if it was people who I had little or no chance of getting myself ie Ford, McDairmid etc. The only thing is that my posters are that far down the line (ie 50+ sigs on each of my OT ones) that if anything were to happen to them I'd be gutted and probably have no chance of replacing some of the sigs. But, for the names mentioned above, I'd take that risk!!!

:angel: