Love at Conventions

just talk to a woman you like, easier said than done for those shy amoungst us, I freeze up, talk crap or sweat and run, my confidence is so low in regard women and I can be very shy :-(

plus come on, those woman who actually are single at these cons arnt looking for a tall fat shy dude like me, they seem to want twilight rock hard pecs or tennant look alikes lol

Not necessarily, they don't. I was attracted to my husband because I was incredibly shy around men (still am at times) but found it easy to talk to him. It doesn't matter how good-looking someone is (aesthetic appreciation aside!); attraction has very little to do with that. Besides, maybe they think you won't be interested in them, so that can work both ways. ;)

But you won't know unless you try. And remember, if you're standing next to someone in a queue, it's a pretty safe bet that you're both in it for the same reason. That's your starting topic right there. That's how I've struck up conversations with people (including you!) and ended up with some great friends as a result, so just take a deep breath and go for it. Better to try and see what happens than to go home cursing yourself for a missed opportunity.

:WAVE: CosmicAvatar

(from the train home at LFCC)

I didn't find you shy, I thought you were good company, nice to have met you,

do say hi if you see me again!

Did anyone recognize me?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just talk to a woman you like, easier said than done for those shy amoungst us, I freeze up, talk crap or sweat and run, my confidence is so low in regard women and I can be very shy :-(

plus come on, those woman who actually are single at these cons arnt looking for a tall fat shy dude like me, they seem to want twilight rock hard pecs or tennant look alikes lol

Not necessarily, they don't. I was attracted to my husband because I was incredibly shy around men (still am at times) but found it easy to talk to him. It doesn't matter how good-looking someone is (aesthetic appreciation aside!); attraction has very little to do with that. Besides, maybe they think you won't be interested in them, so that can work both ways. :D

But you won't know unless you try. And remember, if you're standing next to someone in a queue, it's a pretty safe bet that you're both in it for the same reason. That's your starting topic right there. That's how I've struck up conversations with people (including you!) and ended up with some great friends as a result, so just take a deep breath and go for it. Better to try and see what happens than to go home cursing yourself for a missed opportunity.

:D CosmicAvatar

(from the train home at LFCC)

I didn't find you shy, I thought you were good company, nice to have met you,

do say hi if you see me again!

Hello, you. :D I've been looking out for you on the forum so I could say hi, but this is the first time I've spotted a post from you since the LFCC so, sorry if I missed earlier ones.

Oh, and you know I recognized your username, but it wasn't until I was sitting on my final train home that I suddenly pictured your animated R2 icon, clear as day! Good to talk to you too - and no, I wasn't shy at that point, but I'd certainly had a few tongue-tied moments that day... :pyth:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote

Hello, you. :WAVE: I've been looking out for you on the forum so I could say hi, but this is the first time I've spotted a post from you since the LFCC so, sorry if I missed earlier ones.

Oh, and you know I recognized your username, but it wasn't until I was sitting on my final train home that I suddenly pictured your animated R2 icon, clear as day! Good to talk to you too - and no, I wasn't shy at that point, but I'd certainly had a few tongue-tied moments that day... :unsure:

Howdy, :P

the avatar is very cool :D

I dont post much on here and when I do they seem to go missing :lol:

I do try to keep up to date when I can and friends keep 'nudging' me to be online more/join some social networking. I will most cirtainly add you when I finally join the 21st Century!

I guess we can add approaching women on trains as a way of meeting like minded.

(Tip: to avoid the attentions of the constabulary, this activity might be best confined to people you recognize off the forum!)