Tom Sizemore

Howie

Tom was superb, the guest of the con for me, from those inmet anyway. Really do hope we may even get him back at some point in the future....Jason? :lol: go ooon, ya know ya wanna :rolleyes:

I'm really surprised there are any sort of bad reports, he was cordial, friendly and really patient with me and my questions and fiddling around with posters and tubes and general awkwardness. And on that note, thanks to genesgal who I'm assuming must have been the one to help me out with said posters.

Yes that's me.. I remember you too.. what was it four or five posters your had, do you remember Tom worrying that they were going to get smudged and him blowing on the ink to dry it, bless him?. I thought he was a great guest. Glad you enjoyed meeting him;)

Hmm..contary to what others have been saying, my friend and I had our only 'down' point to the event with Tom.

We had been waiting ages for him to come back from wherever on sunday, as every time we went to get him he was away somewhere, which is fair enough.

Late sunday, he was finally back, so we went for it. My friend went first, followed by me. She got to his table, where he was talking to a young lady sat next to him who WASN'T crew..or at least, she didnt have any crew badge or tshirt. Anyway, they were having a convo for a while ignoring us even though the girl had seen us waiting, though fair enough Tom may not have. Finally he turned around, grabbed my friends photo, barely looked at her, pushed it to the side and grabbed mine without a word. I said hi, he did look up but then looked back down again, signed my photo, pushed to the side then went back to speaking to the girl next to him, not even a bye or thank you or anything.

Alas we walked off feeling disapointed and neither of us had a very high opinion of him anymore, but hey, we'd got what we'd come for, just a shame he hadn' been more enthusiastic to us!

You're right the person talking to him wasn't crew, she was either a reporter or a fellow guest. Crew wear either red or blue t-shirts. I was his assistant on Sunday. Towards the end of the day Tom was getting very tired and was barely over his jet-lag from flying into the country, I'm sorry if he was a distracted during your meeting. I know he would be upset to hear that your were disappointed.

As a guest i enjoyed meeting him and mentioned my favourite film with him is The Match which surprised him and he asked if Max Beesley was still working and doing well (hasn't spoken to him bout 2yrs). Also foud his talk excellent and certainly pulls no punches bout his past mistakes.

The negative point was whilst queuing up with 2plp in front of me a female crew member came down and stretched cross and said something to him, at this moment the synic in me said 'no more posed photos' and lo behold when i got there and asked him he turned as though going ask gensgal (am assuimg you were with him all day if not am sorry) to take the camera when he said, "ah sorry not doing tht any more" with the person in fornt having had theres. As i moved on i did notice a sign lying on the table to his left and between the crew member and the nxt guest along but and no point rest of the day did i see it go up above him or go to his sign before the picture table yet he did pose at various points rest the day.

Tom was superb, the guest of the con for me, from those inmet anyway. Really do hope we may even get him back at some point in the future....Jason? ;) go ooon, ya know ya wanna :D

I'm really surprised there are any sort of bad reports, he was cordial, friendly and really patient with me and my questions and fiddling around with posters and tubes and general awkwardness. And on that note, thanks to genesgal who I'm assuming must have been the one to help me out with said posters.

Yes that's me.. I remember you too.. what was it four or five posters your had, do you remember Tom worrying that they were going to get smudged and him blowing on the ink to dry it, bless him?. I thought he was a great guest. Glad you enjoyed meeting him;)

Absolutely and taking the time to ask what I thought of some of the films I had posters for, he was genuinely interested and happy to chat. That's why I an so surprised there's negative reports. Also loved his reaction to the "paparazzi" poster, genuinely shocked to see someone, especially this side of the pond having seen the film, let alone have a poster for him to sign.

I was apprehensive about meeting him, as he has led a rather party boy kinda lifestyle, especially in more recent years, but I couldn't have been more wrong. No offence to other guests, but generally their cult film & tv heroes, this man us an actual movie star, big Hollywood blockbuster movies and yet no ego, no attitude, just a great guy and a superb guest. Really do hope we can have him back sometime (not just because I wanna get a Wyatt Earp poster signed ;) )

I had an awesome time talking to Tom on Sunday. I know Genesgal may recall me asking Tom about 'Natural Born Killers' and Quentin Tarantino etc. Tom talked openly about Oliver Stone's personal problems, the crazy shoot that was NBK, Rodney Dangerfield, QT's script, and others. He was very open and opinionated, and it was great fun to hear him come out with that stuff. His talk was very good too, I'm glad I didn't miss it. The experience with Tom was my favourite on the Sunday. And I met Brian Tochi, Christopher Lloyd, Vivica A Fox, Christopher Lambert and Corey Feldman too.

• 9 months later...