Sign in to follow this  
Mattzo!!!

Guests reputations

GoldenGreen    745

As a veteran of these events, been going since the beginning I've had the opportunity of meeting a number of the guests before (see list below). All of those below that I met were fine, some were busy, so somtimes just don't have time to chat and others could chat for ages if you let them. I would say go in with a positive attitude , be friendly and ask them something interesting and most guests will respond, but they can be busy and can get tired so also don't be disappointed if you only get a few seconds with them.

Brent Spiner

Alex Kingston (At a Premiere, not a show)

Derek Jacobi (At a Theatre)

Joel Gretsch

Walter Koenig

Doug Bradley

Ashley Laurence

Erin Gray

Gil Gerard

Nicholas Vince

Mark Sheppard

Veronica Cartwright

Jermey Bulloch

Michael Bailey Smith

Garrick Hagon

Corey Feldman

Kenny Baker

Dave Prowse

I was lucky enough to run into Christopher Lambert many years ago in London, after a night out. He could not have been nicer - posed for a pic and signed an auto for us!

Too Tall    880

I was lucky enough to run into Christopher Lambert many years ago in London, after a night out. He could not have been nicer - posed for a pic and signed an auto for us!

What did you get signed? I assume you don't go out for a night out with a bag of 500 8x10s, one of each of your top 500 guest you hope to bump into :D

What did you get signed? I assume you don't go out for a night out with a bag of 500 8x10s, one of each of your top 500 guest you hope to bump into :blink:

Ha! No, but I always have a little autograph book with me (just 'cause you never know ;) )

Although, I do know of some people who do exactly what you described, and always carry a bag of 10x8's of the biggest names, just in case.....(sometimes I wish I could do this; especially for the times I ran into George Lucas and Van Damme - different occasions obviously :P

Edited by keithporter23

gillianre    43

I think that the best guest experience you can ever have is one that has a 'bad reputation' - speaking from experience on this one!

Naming no names but one guest had a realllllllly bad rep for being rude and a little hungover at all signings - nicest man I have ever met!

superman.    9

What did you get signed? I assume you don't go out for a night out with a bag of 500 8x10s, one of each of your top 500 guest you hope to bump into :P

Ha! No, but I always have a little autograph book with me (just 'cause you never know :band: )

Although, I do know of some people who do exactly what you described, and always carry a bag of 10x8's of the biggest names, just in case.....(sometimes I wish I could do this; especially for the times I ran into George Lucas and Van Damme - different occasions obviously ;)

:blink: My lifes goal is to meet JCVD

momstar    0

I met Jeremy several times years ago, and he's a really nice guy.

Don't worry momstar! : )

Thanks, i'll try not to worry.

Hope you have a lovely time.

del-boy    9

i met jeremy 3 times last year,he`s one of the nicest stars you could meet and has alot of time for his fans :D

:thumbup: ,that sounds good! :wub:

stevie_g    240

Doug Bradley is super nice and friendly :) I met him at a signing in newcastle a few years back, and only realised later, that he personalised his sig with a pin, and a 'see you in hell'! :thumbup:

That's service

marktimelord    158

Its brilliant the way he signs them, such a nice chap.

Doug Bradley is super nice and friendly :) I met him at a signing in newcastle a few years back, and only realised later, that he personalised his sig with a pin, and a 'see you in hell'! :thumbup:

That's service

Flibble    38

Don't forget to tell us all about your experience of meeting Jeremy Bulloch! :thumbup:

i've only had one bad guest experience, i don't think Thats bad considering i've been going to cons for 5 years now. I won't mention names, its not somebody whos listed for LFCC anyway and i know many other people who had the same experience with said guest.

As for awesome guests, personal highlights include Jewel Staite, who was So nice and super sweet, Anthony Steward Head was a gentleman, Katee SAchoff was great too, Adam Baldwin and Adam Tudyk were sweethearts but my personal highlight has been John Landis, he was the perfect guest, considering i'd turned into a gibbering, shy wreck when i got to his desk lol!

I think it really does depend on the situation, i work in London in a flagship store and we get an awful lot of celebrities come in and some of them are SO RUDE, to staff and customers (again, i've never seen anybody Thats listed for LFCC)i always feel really bad when i see a shy customer approach a "star" and ask them a question, only for them to get rudely told to go away. Theres no need for it!

i always feel really bad when i see a shy customer approach a "star" and ask them a question, only for them to get rudely told to go away. Theres no need for it!

While I agree, that there is no need to be rude, then I completely unterstand, that it must be irritating not to be able to walk around outside without being approached by fans who wants to ask questions, have an autograph or a photo.

How many people can truthfully say, that they wouldn't mind being stopped for every 2-300 yards by some stranger or every time they set foot in a store and on top of that being judged by their appearence and behaviour every time they are outside their own home?

Just because they have a job, that makes them known to the public, doesn't mean it's open season anytime they step outside their door.

A.prime    2

i have only had one bad exp but he is not on here, its Anthony Daniels, the dude who played C3PO

He was a total moron

Edited by A.prime

Sian_Raven    3

The only bad experience I've ever had wasn't with the star themselves, but with their 'assistant' or whoever it is that sits with them.

When I went to get Patrick Stewart's auto the assistant basically snatched the dvd out of my hands to be signed and tried to get me to leave as soon as it was done. They didn't seem to want me to say anything, even though Patrick was willing to. :P

The same thing happened when Elijah Wood came over a few years ago. Our items were taken from us and put on the table and we were ushered past Elijah with just enough time to say 'hi' before getting our items and leaving.

I know that some stars have a lot of people to get through during the day, and I do't expect to have a long conversation, but I would at least like to be able to say thank you or shake hands instead of being dealt with like a production line. :dance:

All the stars I've seen have been friendly, sometimes chatty and occasionally shy! Or in the case of John Landis, a friendly nutter! Shame it's ruined by their PA.

momstar    0

Don't forget to tell us all about your experience of meeting Jeremy Bulloch! :blink:

Will do. i'm getting excited, so are my kids :)

AlusCWM    0

Your kids and you can really look forward to meeting Jeremy, he is one of the friendliest and nicest people I've met. Me and a friend chatted with him for almost 20 minutes while he was looking around on merchandise at a convention, was very interested us building Mandalorian armors in steel ^^

And I do recommend you to meet Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker too, both very friendly people and good with kids :) And what kid wouldn't like to meet Darth Vader and R2-D2 ^^

momstar    0

Your kids and you can really look forward to meeting Jeremy, he is one of the friendliest and nicest people I've met. Me and a friend chatted with him for almost 20 minutes while he was looking around on merchandise at a convention, was very interested us building Mandalorian armors in steel ^^

And I do recommend you to meet Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker too, both very friendly people and good with kids :) And what kid wouldn't like to meet Darth Vader and R2-D2 ^^

Thanks for telling me that, it always reassures me when someone has met the guest and

the feedback is good.

One of my kids has already put Dave Prowse on his list and is looking forward to meeting Darth Vader!!

Mind you I remember him as the Green Cross Code man and my kids still think its funny that

Darth Vader taught me to cross the road properly!! :)

Edited by momstar

davey77    4

Thanks for telling me that, it always reassures me when someone has met the guest and

the feedback is good.

One of my kids has already put Dave Prowse on his list and is looking forward to meeting Darth Vader!!

Mind you I remember him as the Green Cross Code man and my kids still think its funny that

Darth Vader taught me to cross the road properly!! :)

jeremy once came to my friends store to do a star wars appearance and i spent friday evening with him and his wife socially, and all day saturday in the store as crew with him. all i can say is what everyone else here has said - jeremy is a top guy, someone you'd want to meet even if he wasnt famous. he was more than happy to talk about other things, from the best way to prepare pork belly slices to his appearances in dr who, his other star wars character. literally anything. even decided he was going to turn me into a ricky gervais lookalike and be my manager (told him where he could stick that idea haha!) i really hope his wife maureen is there with him because shes also a lovely lady and would love to catch up with both of them.

ive met kenny baker a few times and he was also really great to spend time with. havent met dave prowse myself but ive been in the same room as him and also a freind is close to him and only has kind things to say.

really, dont be nervous with jeremy. he's like everyones favourite uncle!

Mattzo!!!    47

Met a few of the guests before; Doug Bradley, Ashley Laurence, Corey Feldman, Nicholas Vince, Simon Bamford......haven'[t got a single negative thing to say about any of them! They were top class guests :D

vienna    1

Met a few of the guests before; Doug Bradley, Ashley Laurence, Corey Feldman, Nicholas Vince, Simon Bamford......haven'[t got a single negative thing to say about any of them! They were top class guests :D

The only one who was nasty to me was Corey Feldman. But seeing as I have met 23 other stars that's a small failure rate. All the other guests have been wonderful and generous of their time and goodwill.

Edited by vienna