Taking Empire Day to the next level

• Showmasters Admin

Great news for Star Wars Fans

Elstree is the home of Star Wars and that is were we started the first Star Wars con in the Europe in 1992 and we are going back .

this event will be for the few not the masses as there are lots of events were you can meet star wars guests , this event is going to be more for the autograph collector and the people that love the history of the films and also collectors of the images from the films .

we will have a display of Star Wars photos that have never been seen any ware before as well as this we will also have on display blue prints as well as screen used film props and amazing things that helped to make the films .

we will also have around 10 guests attending in the morning and another 10 guests attend in the afternoon we have something quite unique planed for Star Wars autograph collectors that will only be available at this event

this event will be co run with the Kurtz/joiner Archive and as such we will be having a ltd print that will be only available at the event and the profit will go to help the Archive with future restoration projects , more on this soon.

this event is not intended to be a large event at all , we only plan to sell 100 tickets for the con as we feel its nice to have an event for people that really care about star wars history and also collect autographs the guests we plan to have will be some first timers that played some of the small parts in the film and we also plan to have some production crew members which rarely attend these events as well as some fan favorites.

lots more to come on this soon and we will warn people in advance when tickets will go on sale as they will be very limited indeed .

this is something that that the Kurtz/joiner Archive plan to run once a year at Elstree and each event will cover an different aspect of the films at each event .

This will be a very nice relaxed event for the dire hard classic Star Wars collectors

we are very excited about this and we very much look forward to meeting some of you on November the 19th

if you want to be the first to know more about this event then join the Kurtz Joiner Archive on Facebook were we will be putting out some information on there first .

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Kurtz-Jo...151362958219683

see you soon

Jason

MEC.JPG

logo1.png

Ellstreestudios.jpgimage001.jpg

I've wanted to go behind those Elstree gates since I was about 6 years old, great choice of venue SM.

Great to hear that some behind the scenes crew members will be in attendance - if he's up to it, Stuart Freeborn would be high on my list.

A wonderful announcement, only yesterday was I reminiscing about experiencing a smaller Star Wars con, I miss the old Falcon Society events and thought it would never go back to that - this event looks to fill that void

Very worried about the 100 ticket limit however. Would do anything to be at this event but fear it's going to sell out before I can nab tickets. Do Elstree residents get priority? I literally live 2 mins from the studios :P

• Showmasters Admin

Rather doubt I'll have that weekend free, still interesring to see how a small scale event runs. It works well for others..

we do thing different to anyone else and Star Wars is my thing so its going to be special thats all i am going to say now

jason B)

A wonderful announcement, only yesterday was I reminiscing about experiencing a smaller Star Wars con, I miss the old Falcon Society events and thought it would never go back to that - this event looks to fill that void

Very worried about the 100 ticket limit however. Would do anything to be at this event but fear it's going to sell out before I can nab tickets. Do Elstree residents get priority? I literally live 2 mins from the studios B)

you're around the corner from me then, hello neighbour :)

Rather doubt I'll have that weekend free, still interesring to see how a small scale event runs. It works well for others..

we do thing different to anyone else and Star Wars is my thing so its going to be special thats all i am going to say now

jason :smile:

Id be interested in this, HOWEVER this clashes with another event, so guests are what will decide it for me, with SW its the bigger names im more interested in, especially if it costs alot.

Now this is extremely interesting. Will there be Dealers here as well?

I think this is up my street so to speak and hopefully an indication of the week end price or thereabouts will be posted soon.

*EDIT*

Ok just seen that there's a separate post regarding price, so please ignore this part. Thanks.

Edited by johnson1970

from what I gather, apparently so. i'm keeping an eye on the Facebook page as well. This would make a lovely present for someone.....:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...