Latest Stargate You've Watched

cyd0nian

Topics like this are pretty successful in other areas of the forum, and I'm currently working my way through SG-1 for the first time, so thought it would be cool to see what episodes other people are watching, especially considering there is the a large scale re-watch planned by one of the large fan sites. I'm watching SG-1 S04E08 The First Ones :D

Have you watched the Children of the Gods super special mega director's re-edit cut that came out in the last year or so? Is it worth it?

ive not yet, been waiting for it to come down in price, but im dubious (nudity taken out not that i remember all that much lol plus other scenes) but I will get round to it eventually

latest stargate? last weeks SGU which I think was the penultimate episode :-(

Have you watched the Children of the Gods super special mega director's re-edit cut that came out in the last year or so? Is it worth it?
Yes, I have it. Chris Judge has re-recorded his entire dialogue. Teal'c now sounds like Teal'c. There is a commentary with RDA and Brad Wright which is informative, and funny. The visual effects have been updated. A different musical soundtrack has been used. Various scenes have been added, cut, or had alternate angles used. They are not huge scene changes but as result the story is better paced.

I enjoyed it. I bought it when it came out at full price and don't regret it. I assume it will be cheaper now.

Yes, I have it. Chris Judge has re-recorded his entire dialogue. Teal'c now sounds like Teal'c. There is a commentary with RDA and Brad Wright which is informative, and funny. The visual effects have been updated. A different musical soundtrack has been used. Various scenes have been added, cut, or had alternate angles used. They are not huge scene changes but as result the story is better paced.

I enjoyed it. I bought it when it came out at full price and don't regret it. I assume it will be cheaper now.

Think I've seen it and didn't really notice a great deal of difference. Would be interested in checking out the commentary though.

Oddly enough Sky2 were showing that this evening, though not sure if it was the original cut or not. Guess that means they'll be showing the whole lot again. Love all the Stargates.

Already seen the final episode of Stargate Universe and had a great chat with David Blue about it at CM17. He gave me some great clues as to what was planned if it hadn't been cancelled. Nothing seems to get much chance these days.

• 2 weeks later...