would you pay this amount to meet these people ?

showmasters

i would be happy to pay this price so i can meet this guest   

425 members have voted

1. 1. if there is the right amount of interest it could happen

• Stan Lee £30
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. 2nd choice

• Hayden Christensen £55
    • Christopher Lee £55
  3. 3. 3ed choice

• Ewan McGregor £50
    • Christopher Lambert £35

Provided you're reasonably confident that this won't affect prices for the "usual" calibre of guests (which I also love and would rather continue to meet at those rates!), I'd be willing to pay those amounts for Stan Lee, Christopher Lee and Ewan McGregor (especially if they're in photoshoot form!). Because, hey. B)

Stan Lee - I'm a big Marvel fan so he gets my vote.

Christopher Lee - I'm a big Hammer Horror fan and can you imagine meeting someone of that high status?!

Ewan McGregor - Only suggested him yesterday, love Trainspotting and Shallow Grave, poster here for him to sign.

I would like to meet Ian Holm too, but would choose Stan if I had to. I would be more than willing to pay for these guests as of their huge status and one chance to meet such actors. My votes are in and I look forward to hearing what comes of it. Exciting!!!

Edited by ClockworkOwen18

Jason, seriously, this doesn't even need a poll! IF you can get any of those names on the poll, I would happily pay those prices, and i'm sure a lot of people would. If stretching an extra £5 or £10 even a bit more for an autograph, and a photo shoot means we can get guests like that, make it happen. I very much doubt they'd be unpopular.

For the record, although I want all of those, I voted for:

Ian Holm(just because I have ALWAYS wanted to meet him, i'd still love to meet Stan Lee)

Christopher Lee(again, want to meet Hayden, but Christopher Lee eluded the last SM event, and I've thought I wouldnt get another chance. If you can get him, get him! Even last time you announced his auto would be £40, and we could only get one item, i was happy with that at the time

Christopher Lambert(again, even though i'd love Ewan, I'm a HUGE fan, and meeting Cary Tagawa is something I never thought would happen, if you could get Christopher as well, it'd be a dream come true!

Please get these people Jason!

True, this is a large amount, but worth it for this kind of guest calibre, I think. And I'm really sure many people would be ready to save up a little bit more to meet them.

Personally, I voted Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen and Ian Holm, but I'd also pay that amount for Christopher Lee and maybe also for Christophe Lambert!

Come on Jason, if you can get them, don't even hesitate a second!!!

1of2, we'll band together. I'd love to meet Stan Lee, but I'm not bothered about the others. You can use my preference to complete your vote B)

thought you had a thing for lambert?

I'm pretty sure that I made myself clear on my feelings for the Clan Macleod. Lambert was fit back in the day, but I'm a Duncan girl and always have been. Duncan eats Connor for breakfast and craps Fortress :WAVE:

Re-reading the names of the guests, I do genuinely think that all of them would draw HUGE lines of people, whoever you manage to get for an event! That'd be madness! xD

Really hope I get to see that some day! =D

1of2, we'll band together. I'd love to meet Stan Lee, but I'm not bothered about the others. You can use my preference to complete your vote B)

thought you had a thing for lambert?

I'm pretty sure that I made myself clear on my feelings for the Clan Macleod. Lambert was fit back in the day, but I'm a Duncan girl and always have been. Duncan eats Connor for breakfast and craps Fortress :WAVE:

so they have to be young, tall, fit, famous and into gaming? lol

Ive always liked mean guns myself :WAVE:

never been able to find it on dvd and cant find my VHS anywhere, its gone walkies in one of my moves, I remember that being cool

I don't think the poll is well presented.

It would be better if you just had to tick in front of any guest's name than having to choose between them.

Unfortunately that is down to the limitations of how the Poll software works.

I would suggest that for anybody who is only interested in one or two people, it is probably better to just list them in a post rather than 'fake' an addtional vote for somebody that you have no interest in. Just make it clear in your post that you haven't voted.

Alternatively find somebody else that you can combine votes with, like Yvie did with me.

• Moderators

I think Stan Lee and Christopher Lee's prices are more than reasonable, especially Stan.

The rest I'd be debating with myself as to how much I really want to meet them.

Don't think I'd ever pay that much for Hayden though.

• Moderators

I think that's what's difficult. You look at a complete legend like Stan Lee, and for the price up there that'd feel like a bargain compared to what some of the others are.

I guess it all comes down to personal preference. Obviously SW collectors would go further price-wise to meet people like Hayden and Ewan I guess. I like them both but it's a lot of money for me.

so they have to be young, tall, fit, famous and into gaming? lol

They don't HAVE to be, but it does help.

Young = not looking like a crumbly but too old to be ID'd

Tall = tall enough for my shoulder to fit in their armpit

Fit = mmmmmmm

I'm not bothered about the famous or gaming parts though, I don't like having my photo taken nor sharing my PS3 B)

I think that's what's difficult. You look at a complete legend like Stan Lee, and for the price up there that'd feel like a bargain compared to what some of the others are.

I guess it all comes down to personal preference. Obviously SW collectors would go further price-wise to meet people like Hayden and Ewan I guess. I like them both but it's a lot of money for me.

Yeah that's all down to personal preference, as always. I wouldn't meet Stan Lee (even had to google him, I couldn't remember who he was B) ), but I'd pay a LOT to meet Hayden and Ewan, as I would for Ian and Christopher (but again, not for the same reasons: I loved Hayden in SW, so yummy :WAVE: , loved also Ewan in SW and Moulin Rouge, especially! Very yummy also I have to admit, and I love the way he talks and sings! And Ian and Christopher are complete LEGENDS for us LOTR fans!)

I don't think the poll is well presented.

It would be better if you just had to tick in front of any guest's name than having to choose between them.

Unfortunately that is down to the limitations of how the Poll software works.

I would suggest that for anybody who is only interested in one or two people, it is probably better to just list them in a post rather than 'fake' an addtional vote for somebody that you have no interest in. Just make it clear in your post that you haven't voted.

Alternatively find somebody else that you can combine votes with, like Yvie did with me.

Wouldn't it be possible to do something like that :

1st choice

Stan Lee £30

O YES O NO

2nd choice

Ian Holm £45

O YES O NO

and so on for all 6 guests?

i think it would be way more fair and accurate.

Just a suggestion B)

I loved Hayden in SW, so yummy B) ,

not for the yummy reasons u mention lol, but I liked him in shattered glass (think that was the title) I also thought he was decent in jumper, both better acted than the star wars films he did, episode 2 I just wanted to slap him lol

Wouldn't it be possible to do something like that :

1st choice

Stan Lee £30

O YES O NO

2nd choice

Ian Holm £45

O YES O NO

and so on for all 6 guests?

i think it would be way more fair and accurate.

Just a suggestion B)

Quite possibly. It would require a couple of polls as you are limited to just three choices per poll.