Torchwood - Miracle Day

jacobite2002uk

I was very sceptical about how this would turn out , but having seen the whole series now I did enjoy it.

Spoilers coming up !

Spoiler Warning.

I liked the whole premise of the "Miracle Day", it was quite dark and scary to see one potential route as to how the earth would react to the notion that no one could die anymore.

I was disappointed that one of my favourtie new characters, Dr Vera was killed off and I think the episode with her and Rex in the camp was one of the best of the series.

Some of the guest stars in the show were great, particularly John De Lancie coming in late in the series, plus we had Nana Visitor.

They left an awful lot to cram into the final episode , but there were some moving moments with Rhys and Gwens Dad and particularly when Gwen found the door to the Blessing and the scene with the Chinese lady.

So overall, I hope we do see more of the series as I would definetly watch it and looking forward to meeting Gwen in a couple of weeks.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally watched the last of the episodes and this series was excellent. Nice twist at the end with rex, and Oswald doing some good whilst sounding like a right sick puppy!!!

• 1 month later...

could the brave new world torchwood exercise from RTD rather than being the rebirth to something grander actually be the death of torchwood?

personally I hope it returns to bbc and a proper series.

humm,

seeing as RTD is taking a break due to the sad news regarding his partner and adding the strange comments by eve at the event that cant be named, im starting to think (At least for the immediate future) TW is over. thats what happens when you get greedy and jump over the pond for the bright lights with a so so script. the amount of shows that get CXL/not picked up in america you would think they could of done a better job with MD.

were the TW show runners and writers from the bbc series involved with MD at all aside RTD?

shame, hopefully one day it will come back,

Finally watched the last of the episodes and this series was excellent. Nice twist at the end with rex, and Oswald doing some good whilst sounding like a right sick puppy!!!

excellent? thats a positively strong word, really? where do you rank it with the rest of TW?

hated that twist, saw it coming much like the alonsey in voyage of the damned and in my head was screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with a few swear words also lol

excellent? thats a positively strong word, really? where do you rank it with the rest of TW?

hated that twist, saw it coming much like the alonsey in voyage of the damned and in my head was screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with a few swear words also lol

I liked it because it showed that Torchwood was truly everywhere. Jack has said this before and it adds to the mythos of the back story. I felt the season grew bit by bit and showed that things can change very quickly. Some may not accept that things can change so quickly, but look at events around the world today. Look at the Middle East and how things that may not have been obvious to the eye, were actually there. Look at the story and you will see this. Miracle Day was the catalyst to the resulting events.

As regards how I see it in the TW back catalogue, the fact it was a complete story like COE was, it rates up there with my favourites.

TW entire run has been fluid and all about change on many levels, just cos this was set partially in america doesnt mean oooh look TW is international, wasnt before, TW always was more than the cardiff base, hell jack has been swanning around the universe all through time, bbc budgets prevented us from seeing this alot lol, like how almost every alien word in SG1 seems like some forrest/park in canada lol

maybe its just me, but im tired of saving the world, saving the universe, saving time itself big plots, much like bond, I want to get back to specific plots, threats, even base under siege stuff.

but thats not even my issue with MD, my issues are as ive said above and am too lazy to retype or even copy and paste lol ;-)

it had moments and kept you guessing, but overall the worst of TW with another reverse switch ending/resolution. and worst of all, barely any jack over the entire run, or at least barely any jack as we knew him. well ok so im not totally lazy lol.

one day ill rewatch it, but ill be waiting for the sales for sure!

its also painted itself into a bit of a corner with its story line if starz doesnt pick it up which i doubt it will, speaking of which, has there been any official word from starz? also anyone know how well MD did in the US compared to say their blood and sand/sparticas series which i hear is big for them?

I no people has there own opinions but come on Mekhi Phifer was brilliant i really enjoyed the way how he played Rex

not for me, in the opening minutes of episode 1 he comes across as a complete ass hole, i cant remember exactly (such is my opinion of MD) but wasnt he sitting there laughing at the fact he got a promotion cos the person who should of got it left due to cancer? or a relatives cancer? and he was all, oh well, thats too bad, laughing, i hated him from the opening minutes, add to that i really think in MD at least his acting (aside perhaps in the camp episodes in relation to vera) was abysmal, really bad. stilted, arrogant, just off. both the character and the acting of rex.

good points?

veras character.

eshters character.

jack on the very very few occasions he had something to do or say was good (car scene with gwen!)

although the finale was crap, the series did keep you guessing.

john delance was kick ass.

aside the odd little moment, thats about it, massive let down.

series 1/2/coe were great, this was crap!

A very well thought through summary and overall one I find hard to disagree with. Apart from a few performances and a few really good scenes, I really wasn't gripped by it though I did want to find out what it was all about but felt kind of let down in many ways at the end.

John de Lancie was awesome and gave it a real kick up the backside when he was on screen. But I did feel Jack and Gwen were almost just extras tagging along most of the time. Not right.

Kind of ok but not a patch on previous Torchwood stories.

why thank you kind sir, ill pay you the fiver later lol

just reading my larger reaction posts above, would be very interested if anyone were able to answer my questions on the plot and finale, might help me like MD a little bit more lol, cos I feel there was to much wait a minute that doesnt make sense moments and too much these character reactions are just off! moments, cos right now, in my head the word crap comes to mind to sum up MD overall.

Edited by timelord81r

tell ya what, there is a good trailer for it on amazon though lol

although i thought that last scene with danes sorta flew in the face of his characters journey not redeeming him in anyway at all really, pullman was excellent in this

you know what, really stuck in my claw, I predicted a RTD reverse switch and thats what we got, its not just RTD but im really tired of reverse switch resolutions in TV these days, especially blatant ones.

when the dvd is cheaper ill rewatch, but 17.99? no way hose lol