Favourite Story for Each Doctor

cyd0nian

Just wondering, if you had to pick one story per Doctor, what would your favourite be? I can only speak for the episodes I've seen, meaning I feel I can only vote for third, fourth, ninth, tenth and eleventh doctors (I wouldn't want to pick yet for the others, as I haven't seen a high enough percentage of their stories)

Jon Pertwee: Spearhead from Space (Inferno close second)

Tom Baker: Genesis of the Daleks (The Pirate Planet close second)

Christopher Eccleston: Parting of the Ways

David Tennant: Blink

Matt Smith: The Eleventh Hour (The Big Bang close second)

Honestly, I imagine a lot of these will have changed as early as tomorrow, but if nothing else those changes will just keep this thread alive! :WAVE:

yer some of mine change depending on when you ask me lol, though the war games will never be surpassed ;-)

interesting you chose pirate planet, last time i watched that was when the key to time dvds first came out, been meaning to give that season a whirl again, its got some really good ideas in it that one

Edited by timelord81r

william hartnell - the daleks master plan or the time meddler

Patrick troughton - the war games

Jon Pertwee - death to the daleks

tom baker - genesis of the daleks

peter davison - enlightenment or the caves of androzani

colin baker - revelation of the daleks or the two doctors

sylvester McCoy- battlefield

chris eccleston - the empty child/the doctor dances

David tennant - the girl in the fireplace

matt smith - the time of angels/flesh and stone

Edited by timelord81r

Here goes....

william hartnell - The Chase / The Tenth Planet

Patrick troughton - Tomb of the Cybermen

Jon Pertwee - The Daemons

tom baker - Deadly Assassin / Logopolis

peter davison - The Caves of Androzani / Black Orchid

colin baker - Attack of the Cybermen

sylvester McCoy- Curse of Fenric

chris eccleston - The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances

David tennant - The Girl in the Fireplace / Human Nature / Family of Blood

matt smith - None

Here goes....

william hartnell - The Chase / The Tenth Planet

Patrick troughton - Tomb of the Cybermen

Jon Pertwee - The Daemons

tom baker - Deadly Assassin / Logopolis

peter davison - The Caves of Androzani / Black Orchid

colin baker - Attack of the Cybermen

sylvester McCoy- Curse of Fenric

chris eccleston - The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances

David tennant - The Girl in the Fireplace / Human Nature / Family of Blood

matt smith - None

some nice choices, but matt none? tennant lover lol :YAHOO:

nice to see more logopolis love, its a fav of mine also

• 2 weeks later...
New challenge: rank the Dalek stories!
Hang on, I haven't answered the first one yet.

FYI - I have seen very little of Hartnell and Troughton in comparison to the rest.

William Hartnell - An Unearthly Child (it's the one that started it)

Patrick Troughton - The Tomb Of The Cybermen (Moonbase was my favourite story from the Target books but I have never seen the TV version)

Jon Pertwee - Spearhead From Space (The Three Doctors ran it close though)

Tom Baker - Logopolis

Peter Davison - The Caves Of Androzani (ran close by Earthshock - and my favourite book story was Time Flight but that didn't work very well on screen)

Colin Baker - Attack Of The Cybermen (was tempted to put The Two Doctors)

Sylvester McCoy - Remembrance Of The Daleks

Paul McGann - obvious

Christopher Eccleston - The Empty Child/Doctor Dances (I don't like the second part having a different title. For me it's The Empty Child Parts 1 and 2)

David Tennant - Blink (if that's considered to be a Doc-lite then The Doctors Daughter)

Matt Smith - The Eleventh Hour

Hang on, I haven't answered the first one yet.

Patrick Troughton - The Tomb Of The Cybermen (Moonbase was my favourite story from the Target books but I have never seen the TV version)

there is always the audio version, there great, you can see it in your head as its the actual audio with linking narration form one of the stars.

Tom Baker - Logopolis

great seeing the logopolis love on here, I also love this story

Christopher Eccleston - The Empty Child/Doctor Dances (I don't like the second part having a different title. For me it's The Empty Child Parts 1 and 2)

I agree with this, id much prefer the 2 parters to be part 1 and part 2, and most of the 2 parters at least one title is naff or far lesser than the other.

On audio....I have tried a couple of the Big Finish stories and they work quite well so I may give Moonbase a go.

Logopolis is my favourite Tom story that I have watched. The favourite from the books was Deadly Assassin. I do have the DVD but, along with a number of other Who DVD's, I haven't watched it yet.

On audio....I have tried a couple of the Big Finish stories and they work quite well so I may give Moonbase a go.

Logopolis is my favourite Tom story that I have watched. The favourite from the books was Deadly Assassin. I do have the DVD but, along with a number of other Who DVD's, I haven't watched it yet.

ive not got into BF, but have heard some, the lost classic stories are different, BF feels more staged, the missing eps are the actual audio of the tv show, so it feels much more real and u can see it in your mind. linking narration is nice also

matt smith - None

What does that mean? You've seen none of them?

Because even if somebody gave me three rubbish dinners and asked me to say which was my favourite I would still be able to answer with my least disliked.

William Hartnell: The Aztecs (though if more of the stories still existed I might make a different choice)

Patrick Troughton: The Mind Robber

Jon Pertwee: Planet of the Daleks/The Daemons (impossible to choose between them!)

Tom Baker: Genesis of the Daleks

Peter Davison: Resurrection of the Daleks/Caves of Androzani (Caves is the better story, but Resurrection was the story that convinced me to rewatch older stories)

Colin Baker: Vengeance on Varos (also like Revelation of the Daleks, but I've already chosen a lot of Dalek stories, and there's some truly awful acting from one or two of the cast)

Sylvester McCoy: The Curse of Fenric (surprise, surprise, I also like Remembrance of the Daleks)

Paul McGann: Doctor Who The Movie (no other choice available!)

Christopher Eccleston: Father's Day (Dalek is also pretty good)

David Tennant: Midnight (though Utopia is a close second, but for the disappointment of the episodes which followed; and Turn Left is up there too.)

Matt Smith: The Eleventh Hour (mainly for Amy in the police uniform - shallow, moi?!). I also liked Vincent and the Doctor.

William Hartnell - Toughie as he's my favourite and I enjoy all of his, but must be Marco Polo

Patrick Troughton - Tough but must be The Mind Robber

Jon Pertwee - Inferno

Tom Baker - Talons of Weng Chiang

Peter Davison - Castrovalva

Colin Baker - The Two Doctors

Sylvester McCoy - Tough as he was my Doctor, but HAS to be Greatest Show in the Galaxy

Paul McGann - I'll be odd and choose a Big Finish, as he's had proper and excellent stories with them - Chimes of Midnight

Christopher Eccleston - The Unquiet Dead

David Tennant - I'd probably choose Blink but as he wasn't really the reason for that i'll choose Midnight

Matt Smith - Amy's Choice

William Hartnell and Pat Troughton have so so many all time classics it really is hard to choose for them. I'd recommend if anyone doesn't have any of the BBC Audio/Audio Go soundtracks of the missing/partially missing stories go for them if you can. They're well worth it. They are the reason I can put things like Marco Polo and Daleks Master Plan as some of my favourite ever stories. For something like The Moonbase you're definitely best off investing in the Lost in Time DVD as well, as you'll get to watch half the story as well.

As far as the best 5 Dalek stories, for me it's:

The Daleks Master Plan

Power of the Daleks

Evil of the Daleks

The Daleks

Rememberance of the Daleks

Edited by JacknDaniel

William Hartnell and Pat Troughton have so so many all time classics it really is hard to choose for them. I'd recommend if anyone doesn't have any of the BBC Audio/Audio Go soundtracks of the missing/partially missing stories go for them if you can. They're well worth it. They are the reason I can put things like Marco Polo and Daleks Master Plan as some of my favourite ever stories. For something like The Moonbase you're definitely best off investing in the Lost in Time DVD as well, as you'll get to watch half the story as well.

I've had the soundtracks for a while, but haven't got round to listening to them. I'd like to do the Doctor Who challenge (every episode in order from the start), but most of my videos are still in storage at my parents' place.

I've had the soundtracks for a while, but haven't got round to listening to them. I'd like to do the Doctor Who challenge (every episode in order from the start), but most of my videos are still in storage at my parents' place.

It's a good thing to do, trust me, i'm doing it! :)

I started at the beginning a while back, something i've tried a couple of times, and only got part way through the Hartnell era, but I was determined this time. Really does feel satisfying listening to all the stories among watching the DVDs. Especially using Lost in Time. I have a whole new appreciation for a lot of the stories now, especially a lot of the Troughton ones. I've recently finished The War Games and decided to have a month and a half break until the Spearhead re-release comes in the post :) Looking forward to the new restoration which sounds to be pretty amazing, and when they were first shown on TV, obviously the first time there was a break in filming/broadcast was after The War Games so it seemed fitting!

matt smith - None

What does that mean? You've seen none of them?

Because even if somebody gave me three rubbish dinners and asked me to say which was my favourite I would still be able to answer with my least disliked.

Yes I have seen all of his stories but to be honest I really didn't like any of them!

If I did have to choose the story I thought was okay, it would probably be Time of the angels

Yes I have seen all of his stories but to be honest I really didn't like any of them!
Can't... comprehend... not... liking... Matt... and... Karen! B)

I love matt also, although I like karen I can fully understand if others dont though lol

p.s watch the bloody war games for the love of pat troughton, please

;-)

I told you, I am getting The Dominators, The Invasion and the Lost in Time box set for Easter (massive blag win) and have already started working my way through Pat from the beginning. I will get to the War Games soon enough, and will appreciate it more as I will have an accumulated appreciation for Pat, Zoe and Jamie, which will enhance the viewing :D

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

bump

sylvester has always been hard, i chose battlfield here, but could of easily gone with curse of fenwic, remembrance of the daleks or survival

sylvester gets a bad rap with some DW fans, ok i can take his 1st season being bashed which was a bit of an iffy season lol but his 2nd and particularly 3rd seasons were pretty awesome all round