Show us your collection

zebredy

Same here would be more if I had the money.

Will try and take a pic over the weekend, sorry I didn't post this in the first two posts lol.

Anyway do you collect BRs or is it just standard DVDs.

Currently have over 600 DVDs (that includes movies and any box sets I have) with only 12 BRs in my collection at the moment. Hopefully will be getting more BRs now that I have a permanent job and my own money to spend on them :)

:WINCE:

LLAP :borg:

Hi, I collect original worn (on set) Stargate SG-1 costumes. First started off with Sam Carter costumes and over the past few years this has spread out to include other Stargate actors.

Have been bringing some of my collection to the Chevron's and displaying them together with Starwarriors.

Paul Brown from Legends has told me that I am the worlds largest private Sam Carter costume collector, not so sure about that, but nice to think that I might be.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3204...100000850160556

Will try and bring some again to Chevron 7.6

Cheers

Claire

About 400 I think. Started in 1998, first one was Blade and Robocop: Criterion Edition. Sold a load more and have just recently bought a Blu Ray player.

I've been cutting down on purchases for the past year now and choose very carefully what I buy. Also I only ever buy titles once they hit the sales at Play or 3 for £20 at HMV etc.

About 400 I think. Started in 1998, first one was Blade and Robocop: Criterion Edition. Sold a load more and have just recently bought a Blu Ray player.

I've been cutting down on purchases for the past year now and choose very carefully what I buy. Also I only ever buy titles once they hit the sales at Play or 3 for £20 at HMV etc.

I started in 2001 it must of been, when i moved to london, I saw seven SE and Men in Black CE in a 2 for whatever in hmv bond st and bought them, couldnt resist, I didnt yet have a dvd player lol, soon after I did, the special features were what sold me on the format, prior to that dvds seem VERY expensive, the discs and the players and little bonus features. when i saw this deal i was sold, the players had also come down in cost, im pretty sure the phantom menace was one of my early buys and that really showcased the difference in dvd compared to vhs in my eyes.

• 1 month later...

Use a piece of software called DVD Profiler to keep track of all mine,here is a link to my collection so far of 1485

My DVD's

Seriously cool. Do I just Google DVD Profiler?

I always wait and look as well. I find Asda brilliant for prices a month or so after release. I also have a branch of Head (formerly Zaavi/Virgin) near me, and they are great for bargains.

Just downloading profiler now. This is going to be a long job, but a great one for not buying doubles and not having to take them back.

Now have it installed and have made the first entry. Plan on doing this so many a night after work. Knowing the size of my collection, it will take a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Totally agree about ASDA Simondo. blu-rays are the way forward for me now (pick up a few cheap DVDs here and there but still) ASDA do some great BRs for £6-£10, one being RED which is still priced at over £14 in Tesco.

I also like to go to Blockbusters, cause even though they do sell brand new movies, they do a lot of good quality second hand ones. In my local blockbusters, they do a selection of second hand DVDs for £4 each or 3 for £10 and a selection of BRs for £8 each or 3 for £20.

CEX is another shop to look out for, there not everywhere but there are a fair few in the country. They sell DVDs, BRs, Games and other things like mobile phones and games consoles, all second hand and you can trade your old DVDs etc in with them or get cash. Only problem I have found with CEX is that sometimes there prices for second hand items can be a little high for example play.com and other shops might have something priced at lover at £10, when CEX sell it for £8 it seems like a good price right? Problem is when other shops or even play.com drop the price below £8 CEX doesn't change there price at all..

I also use DVD Profiler but as I'm mainly buying BRs now I use the the features on blu-ray.com to create a list of the BRs in my collection. Its great, it doesn't cost me anything (other then having to be a member of the site) and it gives me similar features to DVD profiler, I can add my own categories, see statistics, and who else has similar collections to me, or likes the same movies as me etc, lol..

:D

LLAP :borg:

blu-ray.com is a great site. I always check reviews for audio and picture quality before commiting to buy anything.

I just went on Amazon and order Falling Down, Piranha and Troy...all £5.99 each along with the Back To The Future trilogy for £17.12 off a 2nd hand seller.

Saw Alien anthology for £19.98 on Amazon and Tesco too. And Lethal Weapon collection for £17.99 at both too but will wait a bit.

Currently waiting on the US version of The Island to come out, hopfully its region free as it has extras. I, Robot is meant to be a great disc too so want that. Also Predator Ultimate Hunter Ed. and Predators. Just waiting for prices to drop to at least £6.

Here's mine. I don't believe in shelves, just don't ask me to get one out from the bottom lol

dvdz.jpg

What if you need one from the bottom and the all fell down oh no! Lol

Edited by Hp101

• 7 months later...

Seeings as I started this thread, here are some pics of my collection, sorry I didn't post sooner oh and excuse the quality of photos, they were taken on my phone...

20120116_110848.jpg

20120116_110607.jpg

20120116_110615.jpg

Oh not a blu-ray but thought I would post anyway. A presemt from my mum made by my sister

20120116_110801.jpg

:thumbup:

LLAP :D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Now I have kids all my stuff is stored safely away under lock and key ! Well, most of it.

I do have some photos somewhere of my old VHS collection, I'll see if I can dig those out, it was mainly alphabetical, although with some of my favourite actors I'd given them their own shelf, or in the case of Robert De Niro, shelves !

I have quite a few DVDs, never really counted them, but not as many as I did VHS and I guess less likely in the future to have as much generally as downloads takeover.

• 11 months later...