A Tremor In The Force....

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

we all have lost an amazing man today more so than most will ever realise

i was very lucky t have been able to spend the day with Irvin Kershner and Gary Kurtz and i have to say that these two men are The Empire Strikes Back what you see on screen was so much of these two men's sole .

i feel we lost an amazing director loved by all the cast on the films and someone that made his film his way and thats why we all love Empire so much .

we had tried to get Irvin over for one of our events this knowing that he has been very unwell sadly there was no time were he was well enough to travel , he had so wanted to visit England one more time as he know he was not well , but that last trip was not to be , Gary visited Kersh 3 times this year and they were best of friends it is a very sad day for all of us .

we lost a great Jedi Master today someone we should all never forget as one of the creators of one of the best Sci-fi films of all times.

kershkisshh0.jpg

the world is a far better please because of Irvin Kershner being on this planet , he is going to be missed by us all

1923 to 2010

Jason Joiner

The Kurtz / Joiner Archive

Meeting Irvin was one of the best days I've ever had at a show. I'd wanted to meet him ever since Empire opening day in 1980, so it really was a dream come true.

I just wanted to say thank you Jason for getting him as a guest.

I'm sure all of us would like you to pass on our sympathies to his family and to Gary as well. And to thank his family for the efforts that Irvin made to come 1000s of miles when in his 80s to meet fans here, and to do the same for Leslie Nielsen's family too.

The guests I enjoy meeting the most are the older legends. It really is very moving that so many have travelled long distances to be at the shows, despite their age and sometimes health problems.

George Lucas has paid tribute to Irvin here -

http://www.starwars.com/themovies/episode_...ered/index.html

Edited by spocks-brain