SGU - Season 2 (Spoilers)

welcome_earthling

So I've watched the first eppy. Glad SGU is back and from the first episode it looks like it's going to be more interesting.

So we pick up from where we left off, shoot out by the gate and in the medical bay, people trapped on the outside, military locked up, a few individual trying to take back the ship and the Lucian alliance still in control.

So the shoot outs have left the Lucian alliance short of a leader and we have the level headed Varro and some other nut job trying to gain control, after Varro sides with the Earth lot he gets kicked of the ship with them and abandoned on some planet so looks like him and his men will be around and working with the Earth lot so we have some new characters joining the cast.

I rather like Mike Dopud who plays Varro so this is good news, after all the bloke has been in all 3 stargates and deserves some more face time.

TJ is having some weird dream type thing, at first I thought this was going to be a boring storyline but actually I think there is going to be more to it in coming weeks. In her dream (while here body is being operated on in the real world) she meets up with those guys from season one who refused to leave the planet and wanted to live there. It's explained that aliens came for them and now they are living a happy life. Fastforward a bit and TJ is told that she cannot remain with them as she made her choice to leave the planet but her daughter can stay, she is also shown a strange light in the sky. At first she fights leaving her daughter but when she wakes up on the Destiny her daughter is dead and when she looks out the window the strange light formation from her dream is outside.

I'm actually excited to see where this leads, looks like we are going to have a new alien race or many it's the ancients.

Also interesting from this episode is Chloe. Looks like those naughty aliens that kidnapped her last season did something to her as she was shot in the last episode of season one but in this episode she heals completely!

Good things to note, Robert Knepper from Prison Break has joined the cast as a member of the Lucian Alliance ^_^

All in all a great episode, I loved season one and the differences it has from the original stargate series. This season looks to be even better

• 2 weeks later...

good opening, but the tg dream thing, getting bored of shows doing this. but aside that liking it so far, 2 eps in, season 2 2 eps in some of the annoying civs arnt so annoying anymore and the main cast have extremely deep character arcs, love that.

so the tg dream thing and the rush seeing dead ppl thing, ancients? or the actual ascended beings of those we see?

great to see LDP with more to do and sgu seems it might be going down the voyager route with the mixed crew, hopefully its handled better than 2 eps in all the marqis are happy federation boys lol

• 2 weeks later...

---SPOILERS---

So what does everyone think is up with Chloe then?

And what did people think about Eli's Mum going on the ship so she could really see here son.

Lastly who thinks someone should have been following Rush round the Destiny by now? I mean they keep wondering where he is, and that in my mind, would be the best way tp find out, right?

I'm really liking it and can't wait to see each new episode, but I wonder how long the show is going to last for when I keep hearing more and more people, are starting to watch other things instead of this..

Its not the same as other SG stuff, but I like it so much and that's really all that matters. Lets hope it gets at least 4 seasons like Enterprise did (the Star Trek series one of my friends said should have never been made either)

:blink:

LLAP :blink:

Edited by zebredy

• 3 weeks later...

im loving SGU, love the conflict, love the god type code thing mission the destiny was/is on. the lucian alliance isnt my fav big bad in fact I find them boring but symbian was brilliant and the whole earth threat brings sg1/atlantis back in the fold or at least it could.

love how david (ldp) was left behind, wonder what will happen with him? hope he returns cos I love LDP and really like his character. were the aliens bad? humm perhaps not. I bet he turns up in the finale with the aliens and saves destiny perhaps, or perhaps he escapes and turns up all scared and rejoins later down the line.

loved how rush shot symbian point blank regardless of the consequences to earth, a very human response especially from a non combatant regardless if it was the right choice or not.

so heartbreaking for rush and eli, though eli was punching way above his weight, why cant I get that lucky?

young is just awesome and im really warming to camile, chloe is less annoying now she has a story arc but still not the biggest fan. and I really like that woman the one sybian took hostage and put a bomb on her back, she is such a sweet character