GUEST DAYS AND PRICES

showmasters

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting that charlene Tilton, and Linda Grey were having photos with at the desks on saturday but not on sunday, and Linda Grey no photos at all on the sunday.Is that because it was so quiet and showmasters realised they were making no real money from the photoshoots or the weekend. Ha! Not the best way to treat customers, people will remember this in future.

interesting that charlene Tilton, and Linda Grey were having photos with at the desks on saturday but not on sunday, and Linda Grey no photos at all on the sunday.Is that because it was so quiet and showmasters realised they were making no real money from the photoshoots or the weekend. Ha! Not the best way to treat customers, people will remember this in future.

To be fair by Saturday afternoon Linda Grey wasn't doing photos at her desk either, not sure when or why she stopped but it wasn't like she was doing it one day and stopped the next.

Anyway, not sure why you would be so pleased about the event not making money and people not enjoying the show. Would you prefer it if they stopped running these events?

I enjoyed the show,who says i didn't, i was one of the few that bothered to turn up unlike hundreds of people on this forum who spend their time posting messages but don't turn up at events. I have no problem with showmasters making money, good luck to them, its their job after all not their hobby, i just get annoyed with their stance everytime that photos with the stars is down to the stars themselves but someone like Charlene Tilton said herself that she was told by staff not to do it as it was effecting the photoshoot sales. Changing the rules half way through an event is bad PR as the people that follow behind feel let down.I had a great time meeting Grey ,Tilton,Roundtree, but friends of mine on the sunday were dissapointed and thats my point, this is what we were told.At a time when most people are cautious with their money i would have thought showmasters would have been abit more customer friendly.Also,didn't help them that there was nobody on the exit doors where the Bond girls were signing by the tea/coffee stand, saw plenty of people just walk through there without paying and brag about it on the transport out.I've been to every showmasters event put on so have put plenty of money into their pockets over the years, therefore don't feel under any obligation to suck up to showmasters and accept everything that comes out of their office...unlike some people on this forum.To be fair showmasters do their best but the only way they can improve events is through comments made here, its a forum not a fan club. Just for the record i did point out the 'Non paying ' customers problem but the 2 volunteers i approached, one shrugged their shoulders in a 'what can i do' gesture and the other said 'oh o.k' and walked off to have a cigarette through the same doors. anyway , enjoy your day.

• Moderators

... i just get annoyed with their stance everytime that photos with the stars is down to the stars themselves but someone like Charlene Tilton said herself that she was told by staff not to do it as it was effecting the photoshoot sales.

And of course, without any experience of the workings of the events, or what has been decided by agents etc, no attendee really knows who is making the decision.

If you were a guest, would you really want to turn around and say "actually I decided I didn't want to do photos with you" or something similar? No, of course not. Every guest wants to have a generally friendly approach to all the attendees. It's like when we put No Posed Photos signs up at other signing events, and we still get people asking there - the crew member has to step in and say no so that the guest isn't made to feel awkward.

We do get this complaint an awful lot but having worked with many guests and experienced situations, it's never quite as simple as 'Showmasters want to make more money!'

... i just get annoyed with their stance everytime that photos with the stars is down to the stars themselves but someone like Charlene Tilton said herself that she was told by staff not to do it as it was effecting the photoshoot sales.

And of course, without any experience of the workings of the events, or what has been decided by agents etc, no attendee really knows who is making the decision.

If you were a guest, would you really want to turn around and say "actually I decided I didn't want to do photos with you" or something similar? No, of course not. Every guest wants to have a generally friendly approach to all the attendees. It's like when we put No Posed Photos signs up at other signing events, and we still get people asking there - the crew member has to step in and say no so that the guest isn't made to feel awkward.

We do get this complaint an awful lot but having worked with many guests and experienced situations, it's never quite as simple as 'Showmasters want to make more money!'

Sorry but there is just a small problem with your explanation...

Actually it was just in front of Linda's table on the saturday around noon when the crew members working with her and Charlene were indeed TOLD not to allow posed pictures anymore with the fans because there was a paying photoshoot taking place!

It's a small woman with short brown hairs that was around Linda most of the time that day (so i would guess it's her agent) that explicitely told them both not to allow this anymore.

As i was in the room for some minutes already, i noticed Charlene and Linda had NO PROBLEM posing with the fans, and i can certify 200% as i was one of the last to get a posed pic with Linda at the table.

She was even going off her chair to take the pose next to you and i can tell she wasn't acting or just wanting to look friendly, she absolutely WAS.

So, as that "instuction" came while i was meeting Linda, and i already asked for the picture, the staff member was telling me "no pictures, sorry" and Linda insisted herself to make one with me - and the person behind me got one too luckily, probably because we were already in the line when she was still posing for pictures.

In an overall way, maybe i'm wrong but would a guest move up the chair to come next to you for a posed pic if the guest himself is in reality not willing to take a picture with you? I believe they would just accept politely "to look friendly" but would remain sitted on their chair while you bend over the table.

So don't try to make the guests look like they "want to look friendly" when they are, and in this very case as i was there to testify i can tell that it was not of their decision and it's not like they turned to their agent and told her "you should do something about those pictures", the "agent" came in on her own and i could hear very well what she was saying.

She also went out for a moment and came back with those signs "no photos or videoing, thank you"... Ridiculous as neither Charlene or Linda had a problem with that so far - and were willing with a big smile to allow at least photos (i don't know about videos though)... It was not even a "no posed photos" sign but just a "no photos" sign :unsure:

Edited by God L'Eponge

• Showmasters Admin

Indeed and this situation was no different. There was a very good reason for it happening which we can not discuss with the public.

It's interesting to see that yet again people see a situation, guess the facts, and make SM the bad guys. If people honestly think their the bad guys, they've so missed the point of what Jason, Mark, Paul and Dave are all about.

God L'Eponge - That's interesting to hear. I was not aware of that. I was aware of a different situation that was the reason I was asked to find the signs.

Edited by Too Tall

Indeed and this situation was no different. There was a very good reason for it happening which we can not discuss with the public.

It's interesting to see that yet again people see a situation, guess the facts, and make SM the bad guys. If people honestly think their the bad guys, they've so missed the point of what Jason, Mark, Paul and Dave are all about.

God L'Eponge - That's interesting to hear. I was not aware of that. I was aware of a different situation that was the reason I was asked to find the signs.

I don't think SM crew should be blamed about it, really, but what i told in my previous post is how it happened. So when i read DavidB's post about how the guests want to "look friendly" that upsetted me a bit sorry.

They can't be blamed either.

In this particular case, the person to blame is that woman i'm talking about. And i have my own opinion about why she didn't want to allow posed pics anymore.

I was there on Sunday and have to admit I was very disappointed neither Linda nor Charlene were allowing photos at the table.

Obviously I do not know the reason for this decision, but if it was to try to encourage more people to attend the photo shoots then I think Tanya Roberts had the right idea. She happily posed for a photo at the table (even came round the other side and put her arm round me). But she then advised me there was the option of a photo shoot later which she stated would be far more professional. If I hadn't had to leave shortly after I would certainly have been tempted.

But that kind of positive advertising without stopping me get my picture at the time I thought was excellent. As it was my phto turned out really well anyway so I was more than pleased.

Being the Crew member who was sat with Linda on Saturday, I was told by her Agent that no more photo’s were allowed. I don’t know why, nor do I need to know why, but it was just a case of following instructions from higher up.

was that the agent with the tv thing on her chest, what was that? a digital photo display?

I was there on Sunday and have to admit I was very disappointed neither Linda nor Charlene were allowing photos at the table.

Obviously I do not know the reason for this decision, but if it was to try to encourage more people to attend the photo shoots then I think Tanya Roberts had the right idea. She happily posed for a photo at the table (even came round the other side and put her arm round me). But she then advised me there was the option of a photo shoot later which she stated would be far more professional. If I hadn't had to leave shortly after I would certainly have been tempted.

But that kind of positive advertising without stopping me get my picture at the time I thought was excellent. As it was my phto turned out really well anyway so I was more than pleased.

tanya is a class act in many ways.

regards the table pics, fair doos if some dont want to allwo it, but I guess it can be unfair on fans when they see some ppl got the pics and now they cant. I guess its understandable at the busy shows cos of queues but this weekend I guess it can olnly of been down to the agents wishes or the guests, shame for those who miss out but there were shoots happening so still a chance of a pic. and as angie says the agent came over so I dont think this was a showmasters cash gaining ploy as some have suggested in various threads

As Charlene's guest assistant on Saturday, I can honestly say that everything possible was done was to keep guests, agents and SM happy. It's a juggling act and it's horrible being the bad guy that has to say no to photographs. But there are a lot of reasons involved, many of which aren't known (and can't be, because it would be completely unprofessional).

I hate to see people "blame" Karen (the agent). A lot of things happened prior to you being at the table and what you heard was the culmination of that. Karen is a very good agent and a lovely and fascinating lady.

It's a shame when guests don't allow photographs and I can see how people think it's unfair that the decision was made around noon on Saturday, but there are so many reasons and any one member of the public can only know a part of that.

I just really don't want to see Karen get the blame. It was a joint decision by a lot of people, based on many different reasons!

David and Too Tall, I hope I haven't crossed the line in this reply. If I have, please do edit to something that is acceptable.

Edited by Tracy Jane

• Moderators

Not at all - we don't want anyone to have to take the 'blame' whether it be Showmasters, the guest or anyone else. Each situation has its own different reasons, and we simply just don't want people jumping to unnecessary and unfair conclusions.

As Charlene's guest assistant on Saturday, I can honestly say that everything possible that was done was to keep guests, agents and SM happy. It's a juggling act and it's horrible being the bad guy that has to say no to photographs. But there are a lot of reasons involved, many of which aren't known (and can't be, because it would be completely unprofessional).

I hate to see people "blame" Karen (the agent). A lot of things happened prior to you being at the table and what you heard was the culmination of that. Karen is a very good agent and a lovely and fascinating lady.

It's a shame when guests don't allow photographs and I can see how people think it's unfair that the decision was made around noon on Saturday, but there are so many reasons and any one member of the public can only know a part of that.

I just really don't want to see Karen get the blame. It was a joint decision by a lot of people, based on many different reasons!

David and Too Tall, I hope I haven't crossed the line in this reply. If I have, please do edit to something that is acceptable.

I'll second what Tracy said as I was sat next to her as Linda's guest assistant on Saturday. It's always difficult telling the attendee's no.

Hi

Not trying to repeat myself here, but I'm covering this in another thread as I've responded to another comment in there.

I think it would be easier on the attendees, SM and (possibly) the guests if a reaon is given for "no photographs" behind the guest with the sign as this crops up after nearly every event that takes place and tends to overshaddow everything else that has occurred.

Can't the organisers also check in advance or have a clause in the contract for the guest to tick advising if they will allow photos on the day. If we knew in advance which guests weren't allowing photos then we'd buy more photoshoots prior to the event taking place and it would certainly help us plan which guests to see or not.

The decision to stop photos put us off getting the autograph (not trying to reinforce what DavidB said earlier)

We've no issue with photshoots as we bought loads in the past and will be buying more in the coming days for the London events as they will be busy but we've been refused photographs in the past with the guest after their photoshoot and for us we don't always have time to hang around waiting for the photoshoot or the photos to be returned.

Steve

Edited by steevofromglasgow

• Moderators

There are too many circumstances to take into account:

1. What if a guest gets ill?

2. What if they don't have time?

etc etc

There's absolutely no way that photos could be guaranteed beforehand, and certainly no way they could put it in as a clause in a contract. Even if they WANTED to, it doesn't mean that it'd be possible.

It's like autographs really, where you can't purchase beforehand because there's no guarantee due to time etc. It's just not logistically possible.

And if 'no photos' is down to personal reasons or whatever, then I absolutely don't agree with that being stated for attendees to be aware of. Discretion in regards to guests is paramount if they are to feel comfortable and welcome.

I have the feeling we attendees are a little bit like the Losties on the island...

When they are told something and ask why, the answer from "those who know" are always the same : "you don't need to know but there's reasons for that" lol... and the Losties just have to deal with that!

The most simple answer in the world. We'll never get the last word as attendees anyway, so it's a useless debate but it can't be denied that's it's unfair and not really giving a good message to the customers when some people can have a pic at the table with the guest, and the others can't. It should definitely be a matter that's discussed with the guests and their agent before the show starts off. In the meantime, i saw what i saw and i heard what i heard and i'm not getting back on my previous post.

As i said in my thoughts about the show i had a good time at A16 and i'm myself always buying a photoshoot ticket with the guests i want a picture with, just to be sure to have at least one (and if i can get one at the table it's an extra) and i'll leave the subject there. I'll be able to deal with that :WAVE:

Edited by God L'Eponge