Bitten: Schedule

showmasters

• Moderators

I see some Guest Encounters???

Could someone out there enlighten me as to what these are etc?!?

Guest Encounters: These are a 45 minute chat (with coffee/tea/biscuits) with 12 attendees and one guest and can be won in one of two ways:

If you have a Guest Encounter that starts at the same time as the first talk, please enter the talk hall FIRST and claim your seat for the rest of the day by leaving something on the chair to show that it is taken.

1: Raffle tickets: 2 places in each Guest Encounter will be raffled off. Tickets can be bought at the reg desk. The winners will be announced at the same time as the auction winners. There is no limit to the number of tickets you can buy or the number of Encounters or places you can win.

2: Auction sheets: 10 places in each Guest Encounter will the auctioned. This will work by bidding sheets being put up on the wall at the event. One sheet for each guest encounter. There is no limit to the number of Encounters you can win. If you have a winning bid on 2 sheets you will win both.

Attendees bid by putting their badge number and their bid on the sheet. At a specific time, which will be stated on the sheet (say 1pm), the sheets come down and the highest 10 bids win. But everyone pays the value of the 10th winning bid. All bids are visible to people bidding later. You can come back and up your bid if you want. But if you want to up your bid you have to add a new one to the bottom of the list, DO NOT change or cross out your previous bid. That way we know the order that the bids were placed.

So let's say 11 people bid with some people changing their bids, the sheet could look like this…

NUMBER - BID

G10----£200

G19----£5 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

ST301-£10

G59----£10

S1------£7 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

G19----£7 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

G19----£10

ST23---£17

ST162-£9 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

S75----£31

ST197-£8 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

S96----£27

S97----£35

ST162-£20

ST197-£20

S1-----£20

So once sorted into bid order (And ignoring previous bids from the same person) they look like this...

£200, £35, £31, £27, £20, £20, £20, £17, £10, £10, £10.

As the 10th highest bid is £10, all 8 people with a bid higher than £10 win, but only pay £10. Even the person that bid £200. As you will see 3 people have bid £10. But there are only 2 places left. So the first 2 people to bid £10 win. In this case ST301 and G59. This is the reason for re-adding your bid at the bottom and not just changing it. If G19 had just changed their bid on line 5 to £10 it would have appeared they were the first person to have bid £10 (i.e. before both ST301 and G59), where as in fact they were the last person to bid £10.

I see some Guest Encounters???

Could someone out there enlighten me as to what these are etc?!?

These are where a small group of people can sit in a separate room with a guest and have an informal chat. Sometimes these are available to certain groups, sometimes by auction, depending on the convention. Good fun.

ETA: ooooops, DavidB was rather quicker and more efficient! :blink:

Edited by CosmicAvatar

Thanks for the replies, I'd like to say I fully understand how they work but I can't as I am a little bit thick when it comes to bids and money and last ones then first ones etc it all just whooshes over my head!!!!!!

I'm guessing I turn up write down what I want to pay and then hope it wins???

Thanks for the replies, I'd like to say I fully understand how they work but I can't as I am a little bit thick when it comes to bids and money and last ones then first ones etc it all just whooshes over my head!!!!!!

I'm guessing I turn up write down what I want to pay and then hope it wins???

There will be a list for each guest encounter. You go up and write what you'd like to pay for it. When time runs out the top 10 bidders win but those 10 people all pay the lowest bid. Keep checking the list and if you see the bid getting higher than you you can put another one in. I put £30 down for James Leary last year at HW and we ended up paying £10 and £6 for Mark Lutz. The more you put down the better the chance you will get in :)

I presume gold members get the photos and autographs with the guests first?

From what has been said on here, it looks like gold ticket holders will be called up for photos first, but autographs anyone can go and get at any point.

Yes, etmuse is correct.

From what SM posted things should work the same way as at last Chevron. Gold Tickets will be called for photos first, probably in batches of 30 or 50. Once the Gold Tickets are through Silvers are being called, then standard ticket holders with a photo session tickets.

For autographs you can go any time you like, regardless of ticket type.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

You will be called up by badge number for the talks and photo shoots at the very least.

Ahh. that's what I was wondering.

Love the schedule - means I don't have to do loads of quick clothes changes between photoshoots! :D

I would have had the same issue with my Arlene outfit. lol