what Horror flicks have you seen recently?

thedude57

just interested to know what HORROR movies people have seen in the last few days, be them New, old, first time or repeat watching, modern or classic?

for me i have watched recently:

1) Open Graves - very average spanish made movie that is a cross between jumanji and final destination, the only reason and i mean the only reason to watch this is for Eliza Dushku :D

2) Sick Nurses - ghost flick from Thaliand - a group of attractive (i stress - very attractive) nurses are hunted down and killed by a ghost of a nurse that the group killed 7 days earlier- not going to win any awards but this is a not a bad film - a lot of eye candy with the hot nurses :D

3) Ju-on Black ghost and White ghost - two movies which continues the ju-on (grudge) story line - no real links with the past movies however - amateur style productions - White ghost is by far the better of the two movies - black ghost was very disappointing

4) The Thing - what more can be said about this classic movie by John Carpenter - i watch this movie at least 5 times a year - i have heard they are thinking about a remake/sequal to this movie (which is a remake itself)

the dude :D

2001 Maniacs Fields of Screams I give this a 1/5, terriable acting and story line that could of had potential, they only interesting thing that keeps you interested of the nude scenes but even the gore is crap. If you want to watch Tim Sullivans best film watch 2001 Maniacs with Robert Enguland, its shame that the second one was not good becasue it had bill mosley and he is one of my fav actors. Not even Christa Campbell had enough screen time and she is hot see below:

normal_christa_campbell_uhq_01.jpg

Edited by MICHEALS KILLER

Blood snow - watched this off the Horror channel, stars James Kyson Lee (heroes) and guest stars Michael Berryman - terrible movie - starts out with a feel of a slasher with possible ghostly origins, but instead turns in to a shinning rip off - bad acting, poor sound and no effects to speak off - avoid

toyko zombie - picked up this on DVD for a low price, stars Tadanobu Asano (ichi the killer) and Show Aikawa (dead or alive) more a martial arts comedy then a horror, zombies start rising due to a toxic garbage dump (yes that is correct) a film of two halfs with the first half a japanese version of Shaun of the dead, and the second half a tale of master and student of the art of Judo - not great but worth a watch

Memento mori

Superb film, as is Shutter. Just watched Cello the other day for the second time. Not watched it in a couple of years. Another excellent film. Probably one of the simplest Korean films I own, doesn't mess with your head quite as much as the likes of The Wig or Tale of 2 Sisters!

i watched hatchet lastnight and forgot quite how good it is!! love the fact its old school horror and none of this crap with american teenagers that look like there straight out of the oc or some other awful teen program running around screaming and dying very quickly lol