Group Photo Shoot - Full updated details/answered queries in 1st Post

showmasters

Maybe now would be a good time for showmasters to step in and comment . . .

I dont think we should get personal and take it out on eachother and unless someone steps in its likely to get out of control - i dont want this kinda atmosphere for an event iv been excited about since January!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I bet your one of the ones who can yeah David8?? Just a guess

ME are just offering a reward for those who paid early and an incentive for those to book the rest of the con hotel out.... at the end of the day they're a business not a charity lol.

I brough my gold ticket last year though when they had only announced one guest I have convinced friends to buy tickets too so I really do feel punish here.

they are a business yes so they should make up this money they say they are losing on the event by selling the group photo too

Maybe they will? Or at least I hope they do for you guys lol.... I remember being royally peeved that I got a gold for ET2 and didn't know the group shot was out of it, but I spose these things happen. =[

and I bet your one of the ones who can yeah David8?? Just a guess

I think to make a personal presumption regarding David is a bit harsh.

ME are just offering a reward for those who paid early and an incentive for those to book the rest of the con hotel out.... at the end of the day they're a business not a charity lol.

Whos making it personal? I commented on the tense he use in his sentence. Its an observation. .

TBF that's the way it came across.

and thats up to you. It wasnt an attack it was a statement in response to his.

Maybe now would be a good time for showmasters to step in and comment . . .

I dont think we should get personal and take it out on eachother and unless someone steps in its likely to get out of control - i dont want this kinda atmosphere for an event iv been excited about since January!

I like the way you think <3

I would just like to add my twopenneth, I am not normally one to whinge but in this instance I think it is justified. I am really, really looking forward to this event as I am sure everyone else who purchased a ticket is...that's the whole point...right? However I do think it is extremely unfair that the group photo shoot is only offered to those in a position for whatever reason to stay at the Park Inn regardless of their ticket status. I wanted to stay at the Park Inn but was told last year there was no twin room availablity so my only other option was the Ibis. I understand that Massive Events have a deal with the Park Inn as a venue but it is unfair to make this offer exclusive to those who are staying there. Apologies if this offends but I am just being honest as everyone else is who felt strongly enough to voice an opinion in this thread.

I still want to know whether I will be entitled to it for staying on the Saturday and Sunday not the Friday and Saturday. Because if not that's even more unfair.

After the Lost con was cancelled this time last year and now what's going on here, Massive are putting a very sour taste in my mouth. It's like the curse of the August con.

I cant help but feel this would have gone down much better had group photos just gone on general sale to everyone, and if you wanted it as a bonus just make it cheaper than usual. Everyone would have been happy and Massive would have made more money to offset any potential losses. As I doubt the promise of a free group photo will seriously get many new people coming who haven't already decided to come, as to do 2 days at a con is going to cost most at least £300, so 1 free photo isn't going to sway people that much. All it's done is pee off a large portion of those already booked.

I still want to know whether I will be entitled to it for staying on the Saturday and Sunday not the Friday and Saturday. Because if not that's even more unfair.

After the Lost con was cancelled this time last year and now what's going on here, Massive are putting a very sour taste in my mouth. It's like the curse of the August con.

I cant help but feel this would have gone down much better had group photos just gone on general sale to everyone, and if you wanted it as a bonus just make it cheaper than usual. Everyone would have been happy and Massive would have made more money to offset any potential losses. As I doubt the promise of a free group photo will seriously get many new people coming who haven't already decided to come, as to do 2 days at a con is going to cost most at least £300, so 1 free photo isn't going to sway people that much. All it's done is pee off a large portion of those already booked.

well said love!

well said love!

absolutly!

I agree conqueen. Offering the group photo free to everyone or on sale at a reduced price is far more agreeable. Offering something like this to a select few ticket holders is bound to ruffle feathers.

• Moderators

You'd be surprised at how capable people are at complaining about something.

If it had been put on sale, you can absolutely guarantee there'd be some people saying "but we only have 4 guests! I'm not getting value for money! it should be included and free!" and then you get all that kicking off.

It's a very tough position to be in, and really everyone just goes by their own disappointment .. which is fine of course, but you can't please everyone all of the time.

I've seen people say "well how come Gold Pass people get a reception and we don't?" and stuff like that. I'm never surprised lol

You'd be surprised at how capable people are at complaining about something.

If it had been put on sale, you can absolutely guarantee there'd be some people saying "but we only have 4 guests! I'm not getting value for money! it should be included and free!" and then you get all that kicking off.

It's a very tough position to be in, and really everyone just goes by their own disappointment .. which is fine of course, but you can't please everyone all of the time.

I've seen people say "well how come Gold Pass people get a reception and we don't?" and stuff like that. I'm never surprised lol

You bet people are capable of complaining about something! What we are complaining about is that we are paying the same amount of money as Gold ticket holders in the Hotel that I personally CALLED last DECEMBER to make a booking, and got knocked back on the premise that there were no rooms available!! And YES they should please everyone who has paid good money, sometimes borrowed money for the top tickets, to attend their convention!

I agree with everyone papying a nominal fee, no-one with Gold tickets paying anything, or they scrap the whole cast group photo opportunity! Many people staying in the Ibis and other Hotels have been systematically knocked back by the Park Inn since last year, only to be told there are now rooms!! It's bad management and I'm not surprised at all that people are annoyed! I also argue that those that have a problem with the complaining are probably staying in the Park Inn! Fair's fair, all or no-one!

• Moderators

I agree with everyone papying a nominal fee, no-one with Gold tickets paying anything, or they scrap the whole cast group photo opportunity! Many people staying in the Ibis and other Hotels have been systematically knocked back by the Park Inn since last year, only to be told there are now rooms!! It's bad management and I'm not surprised at all that people are annoyed! I also argue that those that have a problem with the complaining are probably staying in the Park Inn! Fair's fair, all or no-one!

So honestly you'd rather people got their group shot taken away because you and others can't have it?

That seems really harsh to me.

I dont know if

Fairs fair, all or no-one

is neccesssarily the right way to go about this. Would that mean everyone got the gold pass reception or everyone got guest encounters etc etc Where do you draw the line?

I guess it is just all up to showmasters if they change the way they implement this or not.

I have a Silver ticket, hoping to upgrade at source. But you miss my point. Gold ticket holders at the Park Inn are the only ones that have this opportunity. And many, many Gold ticket holders have had to book rooms elsewhere because of false information from the Park Inn regarding room availability, from the outset of Bitten being advertised, online AND over the 'phone! Surely these people shouldn't miss out on this opportunity simply because the Park Inn gave the wrong information in the first place! I think everyone would prefer to stay at the Event Hotel, hence the outcry now! It's only when differences in opportunites comes to the fore, for all those that have paid the same amount for a particular ticket, that people will complain. And quite rightly so!

Incidentally, if I can't upgrade on the day, I will still be upset for the friends of mine that have paid for a Gold ticket but are NOT being given the same Event courtesy and opportunities, because of Park Inn management/Bitten event management, not giving the correct and accurate information in the beginning!

So honestly you'd rather people got their group shot taken away because you and others can't have it?

^What David said.

It's only when differences in opportunites comes to the fore, for all those that have paid the same amount for a particular ticket, that people will complain. And quite rightly so!

But... this has nothing to do with tickets, Gold or otherwise. This is ONLY about a bonus for people staying at The Park Inn.

I dont know if

is neccesssarily the right way to go about this. Would that mean everyone got the gold pass reception or everyone got guest encounters etc etc Where do you draw the line?

I guess it is just all up to showmasters if they change the way they implement this or not.

I have a Silver ticket, hoping to upgrade at source. But you miss my point. Gold ticket holders at the Park Inn are the only ones that have this opportunity. And many, many Gold ticket holders have had to book rooms elsewhere because of false information from the Park Inn regarding room availability, from the outset of Bitten being advertised, online AND over the 'phone! Surely these people shouldn't miss out on this opportunity simply because the Park Inn gave the wrong information in the first place! I think everyone would prefer to stay at the Event Hotel, hence the outcry now! It's only when differences in opportunites comes to the fore, for all those that have paid the same amount for a particular ticket, that people will complain. And quite rightly so!

Incidentally, if I can't upgrade on the day, I will still be upset for the friends of mine that have paid for a Gold ticket but are NOT being given the same Event courtesy and opportunities, because of Park Inn management/Bitten event management, not giving the correct and accurate information in the beginning!

I am really sorry, not trying to contradict you, but this wasnt offered with the gold programme admission, as Queen Sindel said earlier.

This is new and only now being introduced.

I am also afraid that tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangable, but I will wait for Queen Sindell or David to confirm this for me (normally not a problem, cos I would check on the website, but tonight, I assume there may be half a dozen replies before I check) - I will still check the website for that information for you

You are being pedantic, you know exactly what I'm saying! That those with Gold tickets that have had to book rooms elsewhere because of false information at the end of last year, should be given the same courtesy! And of course there is no way you can actually prove that, so the logical thing to do would be to offer ALL Gold ticket holders inclusion in the group photo! And if it was you who was feeling duped, you'd have something to say about it, I'm pretty certain about that!

I dont know if

I am really sorry, not trying to contradict you, but this wasnt offered with the gold programme admission, as Queen Sindel said earlier.

This is new and only now being introduced.

I am also afraid that tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangable, but I will wait for Queen Sindell or David to confirm this for me (normally not a problem, cos I would check on the website, but tonight, I assume there may be half a dozen replies before I check) - I will still check the website for that information for you

That's quite odd, as I know a few people who have upgraded, and was told from source that I could ask to be upgraded on the day.

I know this is only now being introduced, and only now it comes to light about the information people were given last year and early this year regarding availability at the Park Inn, that is precisely why people are now discussing it.

I've checked the website already, but thanks :YAHOO:)

I dont think they are keeping you waiting on purpose. Mark tends to post earlier in the day and Jason late at night, so this is probably just the Gap while they are not on here

I really cannot see them taking it away, they just wanted to offer something extra to those that are possibly paying extra to stay at the con hotel? Maybe? I am only speculating here.

The will read all of this and no doubt reassure you

ps Freakyfan, I am afraid that I checked the website for you regarding your ticket upgrade and this is what it says

Note that all programme admissions are non-refundable, and non-transferable
sorry

• Moderators

You are being pedantic, you know exactly what I'm saying! That those with Gold tickets that have had to book rooms elsewhere because of false information at the end of last year, should be given the same courtesy! And of course there is no way you can actually prove that, so the logical thing to do would be to offer ALL Gold ticket holders inclusion in the group photo! And if it was you who was feeling duped, you'd have something to say about it, I'm pretty certain about that!

Sorry if you think I was being pedantic. I was only picking up on what you said.

As for feeling duped .. I'm not gaining anything from this situation. If I end up at the Travelodge and I miss out then so be it. I'm just going to get on with it, enjoy what I'm entitled to, and be happy for those lucky enough to have the group shot. That's just me though, and of course I understand anyone that has a problem with it :YAHOO: