your favs?

timelord81r

Doctor?

Companion?

classic ep?

new series ep?

oh and an interesting one, which episode have you watched the least in classic and new?

ok for me

Doc - Patrick troughton

Companion - Frazer hines (jamie)

Classic ep - the war games

New series ep - Girl in the fire place or The Time of Angels (pt1&2) would need to watch both back to back to make a choice.

least watched classic? invasion of the dinosaurs (only ever seen it once as a kid, hated it, waiting for the dvd to re-watch it and tbh can barely remember the plot lol aside really bad dinos, ive heard ppl say the plot is good so as an adult when the dvd is released im hoping to enjoy)

new series? the unicorn and the wasp, bored the pants off me when it aired despite a fantastic title, only watched the once

Doctor - 9th Doctor

Companion - Donna Noble (imagine the banter between her and the 9th lol)

classic ep - The unearthly child

new series ep - tough choice as i like majority of them i probably say vincent and the doctor

the least watched for me

least watched classic? I only watched few serials from classic who so i can't really comment on this one.

new series? Partners in crime, out of the series openers i say that was the worst, i never really got into it, i only seen it once which is odd for me as i seen all Nu who episodes at least twice even the bad ones like Love and Monsters not saying partners in crime is really bad but just i couldnt get into it like other episodes.

Doc - Matt Smith

I like him. I just LOVE him. I can't explain it.

Companion - Rory Williams

I like a male companion and I liked Rory. Amy is fine to look at but recently she as done little.

Classic ep - Genesis of the Daleks

I'm discovering classic Who and I'm enjoying A Colin Baker Dalek one at the moment, this may knock it off, depends on part 2. It's my first Colin story and I think he is brilliant.

New series ep - The Time of Angles (1&2)

OH WOW!

Least favourite classic is Survival. I barley remember it, I was a little young when I brought the DVD and I think it was my Fourth classic episode (Not including Five Doctors and The Movie). Maybe a rewatch will make it better. But other than that Keeper of Traken is... ew.

Least favourite new. Harder than it sounds. On reflection a lot of the series finales have been poor. Journeys End sticks out. End of Time Part 1 sucked a bit, I liked Part 2. But it's a toss up between Love and Monsters and Unicorn and the Wasp.

Doctor - Third

Companion - (Female) Tegan (Male) Jamie

classic ep - The Robots of Death

new series ep - Rise of the Cybermen / Age of Steel

Current Season - Still waiting

the least watched for me

least watched classic? Tomb of the Cybermen

new series? Love and Monsters

interesting

I love both tomb of the cybermen (" you look very nice in that dress victoria" "thank you, dont you think its a bit " "a bit short? well I shouldn't worry about that, look at jamies")

and survival (if we fight like animals, we die like animals)

Doc - Matt Smith

I like him. I just LOVE him. I can't explain it.

I also love matt smith, he reminds me alot of patrick troughton who is my all time fav, but yer love him, he has shot his way upto number 2 in my book and that is saying something being a life long who fan

I'm discovering classic Who and I'm enjoying A Colin Baker Dalek one at the moment, this may knock it off, depends on part 2. It's my first Colin story and I think he is brilliant.

oh if your still discovering classic who your in for some treats!

I love revelation of the daleks (the above) love the interaction between orcini and the doctor at the end. yep colins doc is badly underrated

Doctor - William Hartnell

Companion - William Russell (Ian Chesterton)

Classic Story - It's a choice between Talons of Weng-Chiang, The Mind Robber, Marco Polo and Greatest Show in the Galaxy. I've never been able to choose

New Series Story - Blink or any of the Matt Smith ones most of which are better than any of the older New Series ones

Least Watched Classic - Meglos, watched it fairly and looked forward to seeing it for the first time years ago, and pretty much it became the only Who story I really didn't like in the slightest

Worst New Series - Any with the Slitheen in it, Partners in Crime, Love & Monsters

Least Watched Classic - Meglos, watched it fairly and looked forward to seeing it for the first time years ago, and pretty much it became the only Who story I really didn't like in the slightest

Worst New Series - Any with the Slitheen in it, Partners in Crime, Love & Monsters

yer there are a couple ( not many) stories ive only seen once or twice as a kid and didnt think much to, meglos , horns of nimon, invasion of the dinos, both peladons, snake dance and kinda, paradice towers, delta and the bannermen until the dvd came out. like delta im waiting for the dvds to revisit. not bought the peledon dvds yet, waitign for the price to drop

I actually quite like all of those mentioned. Kinda and Snakedance I always had the videos of and really liked, Paradise Towers I liked(sure there are things that can be criticised as with all stories, same with Dragonfire, there's a lot that could be criticised, but hey, I'm a Doctor Who fan and can look past all of the problems and accept it for what it is) Delta and the Bannermen I would possibly say is one of my least favourite as well.

Invasion of the Dinosaurs I really liked. Again I've only seen it a couple of times, but always loved it, fantastic story, and I can also again look past the Dinosaur effects. To me it was made in 1974, it was never going to look anything like Jurassic Park. Apart from the fact it was 20 years before that, think of the budget they were on and had to create 6 episodes about Dinosaurs going around London, near impossible!

But yeah like I say, Meglos I hadn't see, was looking forward to it, and really didn't like it. I didn't think the story was up to much, Jacqueline Hill was brought back only to be completely wasted(and her final scene was abysmal, not because of her though at all) and reusing the same scenes continually inside the TARDIS was a clear way of cutting many corners and was really irritating! To me no other story has really done anything as badly as that. The likes of Invasion might have had ropey effects, but if you can look past the effects(which like I say were down to nothing except money and time, not talent) it's a really well written and acted story I think

as a kid when I saw kinda and snakdance I just remember being bored and the snake was aweful again like a few other mentioned above ive not watched a few since I was a kid, although they are still on vhs somewhere from ukcold, but im looking forward to those few when they come on dvd so been holding off watching my ukgold copies, especially dinos.

• 5 months later...

Favourite.

Doctor - Tom Baker (4th)

Companion - Peri (Her and the 6th Doctor had the best and strongest partnership, it was like a Brother and Sister friendship).

Classic ep. - Terror of the Zygons (The Zygons are one of the best enemies, I mean they can shapeshift and become anyone. There's not many DW enemies that can do that, they should come back).

NuWho ep. - Blink.

Least Watched.

Classic ep. - There's quite a few of the classic ones I haven't seen, so I can't pick one.

NuWho ep. - Partner's in Crime (It's too ridiculous for words, a disappointing series opener).

Favourite.

Doctor - Tom Baker (4th)

Companion - Peri (Her and the 6th Doctor had the best and strongest partnership, it was like a Brother and Sister friendship).

Classic ep. - Terror of the Zygons (The Zygons are one of the best enemies, I mean they can shapeshift and become anyone. There's not many DW enemies that can do that, they should come back).

NuWho ep. - Blink.

Least Watched.

Classic ep. - There's quite a few of the classic ones I haven't seen, so I can't pick one.

NuWho ep. - Partner's in Crime (It's too ridiculous for words, a disappointing series opener).

yep I hope the zygons come back, think it would be amazing and they could do a 2 parter and start it really creepy with the shapeshifting stuff.

agree on PIC it really was silly

Doc - Tom Baker / David Tennant

Companion - Janet Fielding / Freema Ageymon

Classic ep - Black Orchid

New ep - Girl in the fire place, Human Nature, Blink.

least watched classic? The War Machines / Time and the Rani

new series? Anything from series 5 (I wanted it to be so much better)

• 2 weeks later...

rewattched time of angels and flesh and stone last night, man I love them so much, just fantastic episodes, some of the best ever (even with the get out of jail free card in putting the crack there to get rid of the angels) I know it works to tie with the finale but imagine how this superb episode would of been without the crack and with the doc having to get rid of the angels another way? still its one of the best ever episodes of who I think. and the cliffhanger res and dump the angels bit makes more sense and is easier to accept when u rewatch it to how it was first time out.

every thing is so good about this ep, the location, effects, acting, plot, soldier clerics, octavian, river, angels!! just brilliant.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mine are

Doctor Tom Baker/David Tennant

Companions Jo Grant/Captin Jack

Best Classic Episode Infreno a very good episode

Best New Episode is Blink/Utopia/The Eleventh Hour

Worst Episode for me is Fear Her my least faverote Episode

I will split The Doctor & Companion into Classic and New as well

Doctor? 6th / 9th

Companion? Nyssa or Peri / Freema

classic ep? Logopolis or Caves Of Androzani

new series ep? Blink or The Empty Child

oh and an interesting one, which episode have you watched the least in classic and new? 'Delta and The Bannerman' made me cringe / Technically all of the last series as I haven't bought the DVD's yet :) However I will go with 'Fear Her'

such cheating with mixing new and classic :WINCE:

very interesting some ppl fav stories dont involve there fav doc.

ive recently re-watched one of my least watched classics, invasion of the dinos, oh man the effects are as bad as i remembered but i really enjoyed the plot

• 3 weeks later...

Just discovered this thread and have enjoyed reading through it. Its nice to see things being discussed in a polite and sensible manner - well done all!

My choices are as follows;

Doctor - 4th (Tom Baker)

Companion - Rose

Favourite Classic Story - The Seeds of Doom

Favourite New Story - The Girls in the Fireplace

Least Watched Classic Story - Sadly, there are still too many I've not got round to seeing, but I'd not be in a hurry to re-watch many of the Colin Baker stories.

Least Watched New Story - Fear Her

With apologies to anyone offended by my choices!

such cheating with mixing new and classic :WAVE:
Why did you split the episodes into Classic and New and not the Doctor/Companions? :D

cos its my poll lol :firedevil:

Sorry I just saw your reply. My answer is - :poki:

Okay, favourite Doctor and companion overall....9th and Nyssa

such cheating with mixing new and classic :WAVE:
Why did you split the episodes into Classic and New and not the Doctor/Companions? :D

cos its my poll lol :firedevil:

Sorry I just saw your reply. My answer is - :poki:

Okay, favourite Doctor and companion overall....9th and Nyssa

when I was a kid i fancied the pants off nyssa

I cant believe I put least watched new who as TUATW, the next doc is my least watched and my most hated who ever, boring, lazy, silly, annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Doctor: David Tennant

Companion: Can't decide, either Sarah-Jane, Amy, or Rose

classic ep: The 5 Doctors

new series ep: The Empty Child, Blink, or The Lodger. Quite like Midnight too.

Least Watched:

None really, I've only seen a few classics, but the ones I've seen I've loved. NuWho least watched would be Fear Her, though I will have it playing as kinda background noise while I'm doing something else.

Edited by Tina197